PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 96

Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:55 pm      Post subject: Kazimierz Lasota - age of child at death

Greetings,
I would greatly appreciate if someone could look at the attached scan and see if the age of the child is given at his passing.
I don't need a full translation, just the age. I can't seem to locate a birth record for Kazimierz, which is odd.

TIA
Henry Soszynski

Death 1904 Kazimierz Lasota - rec149 MOD.jpg
 Description:
Kazimierz Lasota, died in Wola Solecka on 12th October 1904.
 Filesize:  559.91 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Death 1904 Kazimierz Lasota - rec149 MOD.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 691

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:46 am      Post subject: Re: Kazimierz Lasota - age of child at death

Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,
I would greatly appreciate if someone could look at the attached scan and see if the age of the child is given at his passing.
I don't need a full translation, just the age. I can't seem to locate a birth record for Kazimierz, which is odd.

TIA
Henry Soszynski

Hello,
Kazimierz Lasota died on October 12, 1904, at 6 p.m, 6 years old.

-Barb
Henry Soszynski

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:19 am      Post subject: Re: Kazimierz Lasota - age of child at death

BarbOslo wrote:
Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,

TIA
Henry Soszynski

Hello,
Kazimierz Lasota died on October 12, 1904, at 6 p.m, 6 years old.

-Barb

Thanks Barb, much appreciated.
Cheers,
Henry Soszynski
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:35 am      Post subject: Re: Kazimierz Lasota - age of child at death

Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,

TIA
Henry Soszynski

Hi Henry,
Kazimierz is not to be found, although births in the parish of Solec nad Wisłą are indexed in the period you are interested in. Exactly what you say. Odd.
Are Stanislaw Lasota and Katarzyna Skrzek your ancestors?

I have in front of me the marriage record for Stanislaw and Katarzyna from January 25, 1894. There I can read that Stanislaw was from Wola Solecka and Katarzyna came from a small place called Dziurków. Dziurków is located 13 km from Wola Solecka, and belongs to the parish of Solec nad Wisłą.

I checked year by year parish Solec nad Wisłą in the period from 1894 (wedding) to 1898 (first year in which ancestors are named). First I checked all children named Stanislaw or Katarzyna. It happens that the priest writes the parents' names instead of the child's. Later I checked all children who were given the name Kazimierz, in case the surname was written incorrectly. Nothing that fit.
Also checked neighboring parish Lipsko. No Kazimierz to be seen.

Barb
Henry Soszynski

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:26 am      Post subject: Re: Kazimierz Lasota - age of child at death

BarbOslo wrote:
Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,

TIA
Henry Soszynski

Hi Henry,
Kazimierz is not to be found, although births in the parish of Solec nad Wisłą are indexed in the period you are interested in. Exactly what you say. Odd.
Are Stanislaw Lasota and Katarzyna Skrzek your ancestors?

I have in front of me the marriage record for Stanislaw and Katarzyna from January 25, 1894. There I can read that Stanislaw was from Wola Solecka and Katarzyna came from a small place called Dziurków. Dziurków is located 13 km from Wola Solecka, and belongs to the parish of Solec nad Wisłą.

I checked year by year parish Solec nad Wisłą in the period from 1894 (wedding) to 1898 (first year in which ancestors are named). First I checked all children named Stanislaw or Katarzyna. It happens that the priest writes the parents' names instead of the child's. Later I checked all children who were given the name Kazimierz, in case the surname was written incorrectly. Nothing that fit.
Also checked neighboring parish Lipsko. No Kazimierz to be seen.

Note one thing. They married in 1894. On November 14, 1894, their first child was born - her name was Marianna. Thereafter no registered birth until May 28, 1902, when Franciszka was born. It is a period of 7-8 years. Marianna born 1894, died January 28, 1895, and it was not the father who reported this.
My conclusion is that they didn't live in Wola Solecka during the period 1895-1901/1902.

-Barb

Hi Barb,
Thanks for going to all that trouble. I too checked all male births in Wola Solecka from 1897 to 1899, but only 1 candidate was available and upon checking his parents they were different. So unless Kazimierz had a name and gender change, then your guess that the birth occurred elsewhere has to be correct. There is also time for an extra birth (in 1900). There is also another mystery that may be related to this. Jan Lasota's (not Stanislaw) first wife, Katarzyna, died in childbirth on 20th August 1912. The next child (by the second wife) was born on 27th September 1913 in Wola Solecka, but I can find no marriage for Jan Lasota and the second wife. Because of the narrow window available, the marriage had to have occurred (under normal conditions) between September 1912 and early January 1913. So maybe they married in the other place wherever that might be.
I don't really know where to look next. These people mentioned here are all close relatives of mine, children of my great-grandfather.

All the best,
Henry
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:55 am      Post subject:

I found Szczepan, born on December 19, 1895. So my theory that they lived somewhere else....is not so relevant now.
I'm looking at this again.
Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:19 am      Post subject:

Unfortunately nothing new.
How far have you come with the Lasota family? From Jan? Do you have Jan's parents? Maybe can help you? Ask if you need help.
- Barb
Henry Soszynski

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:07 am      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
How far have you come with the Lasota family? From Jan? Do you have Jan's parents? Maybe can help you? Ask if you need help.
- Barb

Hello Barb,
Thanks for looking and for your offer of help. It's much appreciated.
As for Jan Lasota's antecedents, I have pretty much all that completed. The line ends with his great-grandfather Andrzej Lasota ca1760-1834. Any idea whether there are records prior to 1810 in Solec nad Wisłą?
I'm trying to complete the more recent generations, but the USC there are @#$%&*, since they insist that I have the complete information in order to receive copies of the records. Unfortunately this is what I'm missing, so I'm getting nowhere.
A small request, Tomasz Lasota (brother of Jan) was born in 1874 (rec#198) and that's it, no marriage record and no death record. His marriage might have occurred, if at all, in the 'missing years' i.e. 1896 to 1902 inclusive. Coincidence?
If you still want to help, I have another mystery, this time due to a mistake by the priest or his clerk.

All the best,
Henry
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:49 am      Post subject:

Henry Soszynski wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:
- Barb

Hello Barb,
Thanks for looking and for your offer of help. It's much appreciated.
As for Jan Lasota's antecedents, I have pretty much all that completed. The line ends with his great-grandfather Andrzej Lasota ca1760-1834. Any idea whether there are records prior to 1810 in Solec nad Wisłą?
I'm trying to complete the more recent generations, but the USC there are @#$%&*, since they insist that I have the complete information in order to receive copies of the records. Unfortunately this is what I'm missing, so I'm getting nowhere.
A small request, Tomasz Lasota (brother of Jan) was born in 1874 (rec#198) and that's it, no marriage record and no death record. His marriage might have occurred, if at all, in the 'missing years' i.e. 1896 to 1902 inclusive. Coincidence?
If you still want to help, I have another mystery, this time due to a mistake by the priest or his clerk.

All the best,
Henry

Hi,
Unfortunately, no Tomasz to see. Everything is indexed. Weddings 1896-1902 too (Genetyka)
I can't see an earlier recorder than from 1810. Possibly the Diocesan Archive in Kielce has something more.

Barb
Henry Soszynski

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:03 pm      Post subject: Re: Kazimierz Lasota - age of child at death

Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,

TIA
Henry Soszynski

Okay, I've found the reason why his birth record is nowhere to be found, see

https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=07mz&rid=1819&search_lastname=&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1898&to_date=1898&ordertable=[[0,%22asc%22],[1,%22asc%22],[2,%22asc%22]]&searchtable=&rpp1=200&rpp2=50

Records #225 to #244 don't seem to exist, not on FamilySearch, nor on Metryki, nor on Genbaza. For some reason the records have been deleted deliberately at the source and not accidently. The index for this year (1898) also doesn't list the above records. Is it worth contacting Szukaj w Archiwach to see what they can suggest?

Cheers,
Henry Soszynski
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:36 pm      Post subject: Re: Kazimierz Lasota - age of child at death

Henry Soszynski wrote:
Henry Soszynski wrote:
Greetings,

TIA
Henry Soszynski

Okay, I've found the reason why his birth record is nowhere to be found, see

https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=07mz&rid=1819&search_lastname=&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=1898&to_date=1898&ordertable=[[0,%22asc%22],[1,%22asc%22],[2,%22asc%22]]&searchtable=&rpp1=200&rpp2=50

Records #225 to #244 don't seem to exist, not on FamilySearch, nor on Metryki, nor on Genbaza. For some reason the records have been deleted deliberately at the source and not accidently. The index for this year (1898) also doesn't list the above records. Is it worth contacting Szukaj w Archiwach to see what they can suggest?

Cheers,
Henry Soszynski

Hello,
I sent questions about missing records to the person who indexed 1898 in Solec nad Wisla.

Barb
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1028

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:17 pm      Post subject:

Hi Henry and Barb,
There is a possibility that there are not actually any missing birth records in 1898. It could be that there was simply an error, after record 224, that instead of writing 225 for the next baptism, they wrote 245. When I scan down the page of baptisms that Henry provided from Geneteka, and hover over the "i" for each one, there seem to be births in September and October both before and after the missing 225-244 group. Barb, if you would look at the actual baptism dates for the records for example 220 to 224 and then 245 to 250 (I cannot read the Russian) then you would have a better idea whether there is a block of time actually missing.
Hope this helps,
Sophia
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:01 pm      Post subject:

Sophia wrote:
Hi Henry and Barb,
There is a possibility that there are not actually any missing birth records in 1898. It could be that there was simply an error, after record 224, that instead of writing 225 for the next baptism, they wrote 245. When I scan down the page of baptisms that Henry provided from Geneteka, and hover over the "i" for each one, there seem to be births in September and October both before and after the missing 225-244 group. Barb, if you would look at the actual baptism dates for the records for example 220 to 224 and then 245 to 250 (I cannot read the Russian) then you would have a better idea whether there is a block of time actually missing.
Hope this helps,
Sophia

Hi Sophia & Henry,
Correct, what you say Sophia. This appears to be an error in the numbering of the records, because the dates on the successive records indicate the continuity.
I also got an affirmative reply from the person who made the indexes.
Henry Soszynski

Post Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:07 pm      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
Sophia wrote:
Hi Henry and Barb,
Hope this helps,
Sophia

Hi Sophia & Henry,
Correct, what you say Sophia. This appears to be an error in the numbering of the records, because the dates on the successive records indicate the continuity.
I also got an affirmative reply from the person who made the indexes.

Greetings to you both,
Thank you for discovering the discrepancy. I've had a closer look at the Genbaza records and the two pages, one before and one after the 'gap' are in fact sequential. They appear to be numbered in pencil and page 112 is followed by page 113. My great uncle probably didn't exist. Crying or Very sad

Many thanks,
Henry Soszynski
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: