PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 563, 564, 565 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 655

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:20 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish words

Blue wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:
...born in Gozdzie and residing in Huta Podgorna, daughter of Jan and Katarzyna nee Synowiec ...

Thanks Barbara. Can you also please tell me what the word for 'residing in' is in Polish? I cannot work it out in this document. Thanks again

"zamieszkała " she
"zamieszkały" he

Barbara
Blue

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:32 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish words

BarbOslo wrote:

"zamieszkała " she
"zamieszkały" he

Thanks Barbara - I can see the word now thanks to your help
wuness

Replies: 84

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:40 pm      Post subject:

Would you please translate the last line (Antonina Grynia) for me. Thank you. wuness

Antonina Grynia BC - Copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.38 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Antonina Grynia BC - Copy.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:07 pm      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
Would you please translate the last line (Antonina Grynia) for me. Thank you. wuness

No.20
Born - April 5, 1839 at 2 a.m.
Female
Legitimate children
Place: Szlachcin
Date of baptism: April 7
Child's name: Antonina
Baptized by priest Xawery Dycunicz (?)
The child's father: Stanisław Grynia
The child's mother: Maryanna Machay
Religion: Catholic
Father's Occupation: shepherd
Name and profession of godparents: Maciey Krolikowski – a farmer and Julia Machay – a peasant

Smile Barb
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:02 pm      Post subject:

arielvfu wrote:
Can we please have translation of this death record, many thanks

It happened in the town of Wyszogród, on October 1st/13th, 1848, at 5 p.m.
Appeared personally the jews, Markus Lewek Eyzenberg, 49 years old and Szeja Skorki, 51 years old, the synagogue sextons who live in the town of Wyszogród and they declared that yesterday, at 5 a.m., died a jew, Hilary Lewek, 66 years old, who was survived by his wife, a daylaborerw living in the town of Wyszogród, Royza, 31 years old and 3 children.
After convinced myself about the death of Hilary I gave permission to burry the corps.
This act was read to the witnesses and it was signed by them.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
wuness

Replies: 84

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:59 pm      Post subject:

Barb: Thank you for the translation of Antonina Grynia's birth notice. Even knowing her birthplace was Szlachcin, I would never have gotten that. On that line 20, what is the word under the column heading of "Nazwisko mieysca skad." I know the column translates to "place of origin name", but I don't recognize the name, or its significance. wuness
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:04 pm      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Here is the birth record for Agnieszka Tylisz,

In the year of 1809, on the 5th day of January, at 2 p.m.
In front of Us, the Ostrowite parish-priest, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Ostrowite, located in the county of Powidz, in the department of Poznań, appeared Jan Tylisz, a carpenter-master, 29 years old, living in Koszary Jarockie, and presented Us a female infant child, who was born in his house number 13, on January 13th, at 7 p.m. of the current year, who was born to him and his wife, Marianna Fliz, 23 years old, and that his wish was to name the child Agnieszka.
After makinng the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Franciszek Fruk, 49 years old and Andrzej Tylisz, 60 years old, , both farmers living in Koszary Jarockie, , this act was read to the father of the child and the witnesses, who all were illiterate, and it was signed by Us.

the signature of the parish-priest.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:24 pm      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Would you please the attached 2 records, the birth record for Agnieszka Tylisz (born in 1809) and the death record for Katarzyna Tylisz (died in 1810). Thank you very much, Gene Tylisz

In the year of 1810, on the 13th day of December, at 10 a.m., in front of Us, the parish-priest, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Ostrowite, located in the county of Powidz, in the department of Poznań, appeared Andrzej Tylisz, a turner-master, 61 years old, living in Koszary Jarockie and Jakub Tylisz, 56 years old, farmer living in Koszary Jarockie, of which the first was the deceased's grandfather and the second was the decesed's uncle, and they declared Us that on December 11th, at 11 p.m. of the current year, died in Koszary Jarockie, in the house number 12, a child named Katarzyna, 3 years old, a daughter of Jan Tylisz, a carpenter living in Koszary Jarockie and his wife, Marianna, who was born in the Nieborzyn inn.
The declarants did not sign the act, because they were illiterate and it was read and signed by Us.

the parish-priest signature.

jajan

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:45 pm      Post subject: 2 Marriages - Evangelical Church - Wizajny, Suwalki

Hi Marcel, I would appreciate translations of these two marriage records when you get a chance. Thank-You, jajan.

W. Rydzewski Mar 1859 Evangelical Parish Wizajny.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1018.47 KB

W. Rydzewski Mar 1859 Evangelical Parish Wizajny.jpg

J. Rydzewski Mar 1861 Evangelical Parish Wizajny.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  667.45 KB

J. Rydzewski Mar 1861 Evangelical Parish Wizajny.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:24 pm      Post subject:

wuness wrote:
Barb: Thank you for the translation of Antonina Grynia's birth notice. Even knowing her birthplace was Szlachcin, I would never have gotten that. On that line 20, what is the word under the column heading of "Nazwisko mieysca skad." I know the column translates to "place of origin name", but I don't recognize the name, or its significance. wuness

Slachcino is written as Antonina's birthplace. I was unable to locate the place on the map. By adding all the other places mentioned in under the column heading "Nazwisko mieysca skad", I got localization Sroda Wielkopolska.
Some of those places were not to be found.
I checked which places belong to Sroda Wielkopolska. Found the place named Szlachcin. My conclusion was that it is the same place Slachcino / Szlachcin. I hope that I made the correct assessment.

Barb
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:21 am      Post subject: Re: Birth Records

cmasiak wrote:
Hello,

Can someone please translate the two attached birth records for Piotr and Jozef Masiak. Record for Piotr is 31 and Jozef is 21. Thank you.

Dąbek

In the year of 1809, on the 16th day of January, at 10 a.m., in front of Us, the parish-priest of Wyszyny, serving as Civil Registrar for the commune of Wyszyny, located in the county of Mława, in the department of Płock, appeared Franciszek Masiak, a farmer, peasant, 25 years old, living in Dąbek and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in his house on January 15th of the current year, at 8 p.m., and declared that the child was born to him and his wide, Apolonia nee Stando, 22 years old. His wish was to name the child Józef.
After making the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Walenty File, a shepherd, 45 years old and Andrzej Mnisk???, a farmer, peasant, 50 years old, both living in Dąbek, this birth record was read to the present, who all were illiterate and it was signed by Us.

Priest Józef Orzechowski, the Wyszyny parish-priest.

kwa-233012/001

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:38 am      Post subject: Re: Birth Records

cmasiak wrote:
Hello,

Can someone please translate the two attached birth records for Piotr and Jozef Masiak. Record for Piotr is 31 and Jozef is 21. Thank you.

Nr 31
Dąbek

It happened in the village of Wyszyny, on May 11th/23rd, 1858, a 10 a.m.
Appeared Jan Masiak, a kopczarz* living in Dąbek, 50 years old, in the presence of Jakub Najduk, 44 years old and Marcin Bromberg, 35 years old, both farmers from the village of Dąbek and presented Us a male infant child, who was born yesterday in Dąbek, at 12 o'clock at night, to his wife, Antonina nee Najduk, 42 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Piotr and the godparents were: the aforementioned Marcin Bromberg and Ewa Zaborowska.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, who all were illiterate, and it was signed by Us only.

the signature of the parish-priest.

PolishStrong

Replies: 20

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:34 pm      Post subject: Polish to English Translation Requests

Hello Marcel,
I am hoping you can help translate this record to English.
Thank you,
Brian

p.s. upon closer inspection, I see this record could be in Russian? I see a character that is a lower case English e with two dots over it...as well as a character that looks like a mirror image of a capital English E.
I apologize for the inconvenience if this is so. Please confirm and I will take this out of the Polish Translations section.

IMG_20220806_124627977_BURST000_COVER_COMP.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  828.25 KB

IMG_20220806_124627977_BURST000_COVER_COMP.jpg

Skowronski

Replies: 13

Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:15 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish to English Translation Requests

PolishStrong wrote:
Hello Marcel,
Thank you,
Brian

p.s. upon closer inspection, I see this record could be in Russian? I see a character that is a lower case English e with two dots over it...as well as a character that looks like a mirror image of a capital English E.
I apologize for the inconvenience if this is so. Please confirm and I will take this out of the Polish Translations section.

Yes, this is Russian.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:54 am      Post subject: Re: Polish to English Translation Requests

PolishStrong wrote:
Hello Marcel,
Thank you,
Brian

I am working on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 563, 564, 565 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 564 of 580

Jump to: