PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 658

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 1:56 am      Post subject:

Hi,
I found an interesting post in paris Gniewkowo. Lipie belonged to parish Gniewkowo.
Josephata Lewandowska, born November 23, 1843 in Gniewkowo. Her parents were Martinus (Marcin) Lewandowski and Constantia (Konstancja) Zawadzka. See att. - no.88.
Josephata, Josepha, Josephina those are the same first names.
In the residence census, the year 1844 and the place Lipie was indicated. To me it looks like it's your great grandmother.

-Barb
travelwithme

Replies: 34

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 9:25 am      Post subject:

Oh Barb, I am thrilled! I don't know how to thank you!!!!! In fact, Geneteka offers the marriage scan of her parents. (Marcin Lewandowski (misspelled as Lewendowski) and Konstancja Zawadzka were married in 1839 (Record #4 in Geneteka) in the town of Brudnia. What is so interesting is that I have been researching a family also with the last name of Lewandowski who are some how related to me and also from Brudnia. I can't make the connection. I was associating this family with my other great grandmother, Lucia Lewandowski. (But it could be through Josepha Lewandowski.) Just to make things clearer from a very confusing situation. Both of my great grandmothers' maiden names were Lewandowski. To make matters more difficult, Lucia, also married a man by the name of Lewandowski (Andreas Lewandowski). It would be interesting to learn if there are any relationships between the two families but I learned that Lewandowski as a last name was very popular. So it has been very difficult. Lucia, was widowed at 56 and immigrated to the US in 1906 with her two daughters. According to a Milwaukee directory, she lived with a family, Andrew Lewandowski and Marianne Chelminiak until she passed (when ?). I believe Andrew was Lucia's nephew, so I began to search for his father who was Stefan (Szczepan) Lewandowski married to Marianne Kudlinska. It was this family that lived and had Andrew and three other children in Brudnia. So, according to the information I now have on Josepha, her parents were from Brudnia also, but moved to Lipie when they had Josepha? The families had to know one another then or I am reading why too much into the connections. Interesting and makes a good mystery, don't you think? Perhaps I should see if I can get the marriage scan of Marcin and Konstancja.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:00 am      Post subject:

travelwithme wrote:
Oh Barb, I am thrilled! I don't know how to thank you!!!!! In fact, Geneteka offers the marriage scan of her parents. (Marcin Lewandowski (misspelled as Lewendowski) and Konstancja Zawadzka were married in 1839 (Record #4 in Geneteka) in the town of Brudnia. What is so interesting is that I have been researching a family also with the last name of Lewandowski who are some how related to me and also from Brudnia. I can't make the connection. I was associating this family with my other great grandmother, Lucia Lewandowski. (But it could be through Josepha Lewandowski.) Just to make things clearer from a very confusing situation. Both of my great grandmothers' maiden names were Lewandowski. To make matters more difficult, Lucia, also married a man by the name of Lewandowski (Andreas Lewandowski). It would be interesting to learn if there are any relationships between the two families but I learned that Lewandowski as a last name was very popular. So it has been very difficult. Lucia, was widowed at 56 and immigrated to the US in 1906 with her two daughters. According to a Milwaukee directory, she lived with a family, Andrew Lewandowski and Marianne Chelminiak until she passed (when ?). I believe Andrew was Lucia's nephew, so I began to search for his father who was Stefan (Szczepan) Lewandowski married to Marianne Kudlinska. It was this family that lived and had Andrew and three other children in Brudnia. So, according to the information I now have on Josepha, her parents were from Brudnia also, but moved to Lipie when they had Josepha? The families had to know one another then or I am reading why too much into the connections. Interesting and makes a good mystery, don't you think? Perhaps I should see if I can get the marriage scan of Marcin and Konstancja.

Hei Marsha
I checked the parish of Gniewkowo to find Josepha. There were many people with the surname Lewandowski to see. Trying to get the marriage record for the Lewandowski-Zawadzka couple. Will give you an answer tonight.

-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 2:17 pm      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
travelwithme wrote:

Hei Marsha
I checked the parish of Gniewkowo to find Josepha. There were many people with the surname Lewandowski to see. Trying to get the marriage record for the Lewandowski-Zawadzka couple. Will give you an answer tonight.

-Barb

M-Lewandowski-Zawadzka, 1839 parish Brudnia.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  238.64 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

M-Lewandowski-Zawadzka, 1839 parish Brudnia.jpg

travelwithme

Replies: 34

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2023 4:59 pm      Post subject:

I am amazed, Barb. From what I can understand from the document, it looks like Constantia worked for a Villa? It is De Villa in Brudnia? Does that mean anything? I don't see any records for possible siblings from Martin and Constantia in Brudnia. I did search for information about Brudnia and it has an incredibly beautiful church. I wonder if Martin and Constantia married at this church. My thoughts run wild over found documents and information. I believe Josepha Lewandowski and Joseph Gaszak married in Plonkowo at the church, Our Lady of Scapular. It is a beautiful church too. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: