PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 565, 566, 567 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:11 pm      Post subject: Translation request for Krzeczanowo nobility

Hello Marcel,

Can you please translate the following documents, which involve the nobility that owned the village my ancestors came from? I'm specifically having trouble with the titles/occupations of the identified people (participants & witnesses).

Thank you,
Lee

1816-29-Stanisław Strupczewski (son of Szymon Strupczewski & Ewa Rochocka)-birth certificate (Unieck).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  271.83 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1816-29-Stanisław Strupczewski (son of Szymon Strupczewski & Ewa Rochocka)-birth certificate (Unieck).jpg

1842-2-Jan Ubysz & Julianna Romanowicz-marriage (Unieck).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  231.74 KB

1842-2-Jan Ubysz & Julianna Romanowicz-marriage (Unieck).jpg

pbinkowski

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:55 pm      Post subject: Translation of parish death record in Russian

This is a death record from Rzeczyca Ziemiańska parish. The record is in Russian. It documents the death of Antoni Mazurek in 1897. I am particularly interested in obtaining his age and the names of his parents. Thanks in advance for the help.

death antoni Mazurek 1897 Sandomierz Archives.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  776.32 KB
 Viewed:  1 Time(s)

death antoni Mazurek 1897 Sandomierz Archives.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 690

Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:08 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation of parish death record in Russian

pbinkowski wrote:
This is a death record from Rzeczyca Ziemiańska parish. The record is in Russian. It documents the death of Antoni Mazurek in 1897. I am particularly interested in obtaining his age and the names of his parents. Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi

On December 2, 1897 at 8 a.m. died in Rzeczyca Ziemiańska Antoni Mazurek, a peasant, who was born and lived in Rzeczyca Ziemiańska, 50 years old, son of the late Franciszka Mazurek (unmarried). He was survived by his wife Wiktoria Mazurek nee Nowak.

-Barb
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4190

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:14 am      Post subject: Re: Translation request for Krzeczanowo nobility

peplinskil wrote:
Hello Marcel,

Can you please translate the following documents, which involve the nobility that owned the village my ancestors came from? I'm specifically having trouble with the titles/occupations of the identified people (participants & witnesses).

Thank you,
Lee

I am working on it.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:21 am      Post subject: Re: Translation request for Krzeczanowo nobility

peplinskil wrote:
Hello Marcel,

Thank you,
Lee

nr 29
Krzeczanowo

in the year of 1816, on the 5th day of October, at 3 p.m., in front of Us, the Unieck parish-priest, serving as CIvil Registrar for the commune of Unieck, appeared wielmożny* Szymon Strupczewski, 42 years old, living in the village of Krzeczanowo, a tenant of the landed property, and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in his house number 1, on the 6th day of May, at 3 p.m. of the current year, and declared that the child was born to him and his wife, Ewa nee Rochacka and that his wish was to name the child Stanisław.
After making the above statement and presenting the child, in the presence of Ignacy Nieznański, 40 years old, living in the town of Raciąż, ... ...[One word I can't decipher, something connected with occupation: ..... of health] and the honourable* Ignacy Charzyński, 45 years old, a tenant of the landed property of the Szczepkowo village, this birth record was read to the present and it was signed by Us, the father of the child and the witnesses.

Priest Antoni Świerczewski, The Unieck parish-priest, serving as Civil Registrar.

*wielmożny: The Honourable, a courtesy title given to a person high in the social hierarchy.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:24 am      Post subject: Re: Translation request for Krzeczanowo nobility

peplinskil wrote:
Hello Marcel,

Thank you,
Lee

Krzeczanowo

It happened in the village of Unieck, on January 11th/23rd, 1842, at 1 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses, Józef Chodupski, a steward, 50 years old and Jan Wiśniewski, a farmer, 33 years old, both living in the village of Krzeczanowo, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Jan Ubysz, a single man, 26 years old, who was born in the village of Sałkowo located in the parish of Gralewo, a son of the late Ubysz spouses: Józef and Scholastyka nee Cywińska, a clerk controlling the income of landed property, living in the village of Krzeczanowo

and

Julianna Romanowicz, a miss, 23 years old, who was born in the town of Raciąż, a daughter of the late Jan and the living Petronella ne Durzyńska, the Romanowicz spouses, a farmer living in the village of Krzeczanowo, living at her mother's.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage, announced on Sundays: January 2nd, 9th and 16th of the current year, in the parish church in Unieck.

There were no objections for this marriage.
The bride;s mother gave her oral permission for this marriage.
The newlyweds declared they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.
This act was read to the present and it was signed by Us and the groom, the others were illiterate.

Priest Antoni Górecki,
Jan Ubysz.

peplinskil

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:52 am      Post subject: Re: Translation request for Krzeczanowo nobility

Thank you kindly Marcel!

Can you answer a couple of follow-up questions?

In the 1816 document (baptism of Stanisław Strupczewski): what are the polish words that you translated as "tenant of the landed property"? It looks to me something like "Dzierżawny Popepozu" or perhaps "Dzierżawny Posesja," but I can't find any polish word that looks like "Popepozu."

A related question, does "tenant of landed property" imply that they were renting or leasing the land, rather than owning it outright? Is it correct that both the father and one of the witnesses, referred to as "wielmożny," are nobility/szlachta?

In the second document (1842 marriage of Jan Ubysz), what is the polish wording that refers to him as "a clerk controlling the income of landed property"? It looks to me that it may be "pisarz," but I wanted to make sure. In another document that I have for Jan Ubysz, he is referred to as what looks like "pisarz dworski." Would that mean the same thing?

Thank you very much,
Lee
peplinskil

Post Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:00 pm      Post subject: Re: Jan Ubysz marriage

Hi Marcel,
Sorry to be a real pain, but in addition to the above questions, can you take a look at the 1842 marriage document again (Jan Ubysz & Julianna Romanowicz)? I'm trying to establish whether this couple may be nobility/szlachta.

Regarding the groom, prior to Jan Ubysz's name I see a word that resembles "urodzony." Does this imply noble birth?

Regarding the bride Julianna Romanowicz and her parents, rather than gospodarz (i.e. farmer), I see something that looks like gospodyni or gospodym. Does it look like that to you and, if so, does it have a different meaning? I have some other documents for Julianna Romanowicz, and she seems to be of noble birth rather than from a peasant farming family.

So sorry to ask you to look at the same documents twice.
Thanks,
Lee
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2023 4:29 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Record Translation

TedMack wrote:
TedMack wrote:
G'day Marcel

Can you please translate the attached marriage record.

G'day Marcel

There is also this one from the 4th February.

Cheers
Ted

Brzezie

In the year of 1818, on the 17th day of September, in front of Us, the Civil Registrar of the Mąkolno commune, appeared Jakub Grabowski, who presented a birth certificate extracted from the Lubotyń parish church book, proving he was 24 years old, living in Brzezie and Teresa Bełkowska, who proved she was 22 years old showing the birth certificate extracted from the Lubotyń parish church book.

The banns opf this marriage were announced in front of the local commune house, the first one on the 7th day and the second of the 14th day of September of the current year, at 11 a.m.

Both parties demand Us to began arranged between them marriage, whose announcements came out in front of the main door of our commune house, it is: the first one on the 7th day of September and the second on the 14th day of September of the current year, at 11 o'clock a.m. There were no obstacles to this marriage and We have reviewed the above-mentioned documents which show that the formalities required by the law have been fulfilled, so We acceede therefore to the demand of the parties, after reading all the above mentioned documents and the chapter 6 of the Napoleonic Civil Code, titled "About the marriage", we asked the future spouse [him] and a future spouse [her] if they want to marry with each other. When each of them separately responded that this is their will, we declare in the name of law that:

Jakub Grabowski and Teresa Bełkowska were joined in the marriage union.

This act was written down in the presence of: Paweł K...[can't read the surname], 50 years old, Wojciech Wolke???, 40 years old, Jan Teska, 50 years old, Józef Skrzeszewski, 50 years old, farmers living in Brzezie.

This act was read to the present and it was signed by Us. All the persons, mentioned in this act, were illiterate.

Priest Jan Okoniewski.

LaurineDM

Replies: 18

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2023 2:48 pm      Post subject: Baptism records in polish

Hi,

Could you please take a look at my great-great-grandparent's birth records ?
Act 176, Komaszyce, year 1866
Marcin MIGORA, son of Piotr & Agnieszka Rola

Act 191, puszno, year 1864
Rozalia Boryca, daughter of Marcin & Barbara Glodnicka

here are the links to the acts for a better look (pages 212&137):

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:939K-R83R-YK?i=211&wc=2KL2-8RQ%3A171054801%2C174837401%2C174845801&cc=1867931

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:939K-R83L-V1?i=136&wc=2KL2-8RQ%3A171054801%2C174837401%2C174845801&cc=1867931

ROZALIA BORYCA BAPTISM RECORD 1864.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  195.22 KB

ROZALIA BORYCA BAPTISM RECORD 1864.jpg

MARCIN MIGORA BAPTISM RECORD 1866.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  222.08 KB

MARCIN MIGORA BAPTISM RECORD 1866.jpg

Last edited by LaurineDM on Fri May 19, 2023 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2023 1:35 pm      Post subject: Re: translte record

[email protected] wrote:
Hi, I am back, , the translations from mr schaul bloch helped me alot!!!

Now in attachment i am sending you the death records of the great grandfather and great grandmother of mr saul bloch.

It will be a great help for me if you can translate them, i think it has there information i want to know.

I am sending the unikat and duplikat to make it easier for you.

You can send me a link to make a donation.

Thank you very much!!

Rottenberg Eli
Antwerp

It happened in the town of Lublin, on May 30th, 1830, at 8 a.m.
Appeared a jew, Szloma Rappoport, a trader, 30 years old and Józef Neyman, a salt trader, 41 years old, both living here, in Lublin and they declared that on the 29th day of May of the current year, at 7 a.m., in the house number 440 died of tuberculosis: Jenta Pesza Rappoport, a widow, 68 years old, a daughter of Majer and Bina, the late spouses from Lublin. She was survived by her 4 sons: Szloma, Berek, Szaweł, who all three live in Lublin and Józef from Lubartów and a daughter: Szprynca who lives in Lublin.
After the undersigned convinced himself about the death of Jenta Pesza Rappoport this act was read to the declarants, first of which was the deceased's son and the second one was the deceased's friend, and it was signed by Szloma Rappoport and Jóżef Neyman.

Szloma Rappoport, a witness,
Józef Neyman, a witness,
Józef Wiygart, serving as Civil Registrar.

jajan

Replies: 71

Post Posted: Thu May 11, 2023 7:37 am      Post subject: K. Rydzewski Marriage 1865 - Please translate

Hi Marcel,

Could you please translate this 1st marriage of Karol Rydzewski in 1865 in Przerosl parish, Suwalki?

Thank-You,

jajan

IMG_0597.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  320.32 KB

IMG_0597.jpeg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:43 am      Post subject: Re: translte record

[email protected] wrote:
Hi, I am back, , the translations from mr schaul bloch helped me alot!!!

Now in attachment i am sending you the death records of the great grandfather and great grandmother of mr saul bloch.

It will be a great help for me if you can translate them, i think it has there information i want to know.

I am sending the unikat and duplikat to make it easier for you.

You can send me a link to make a donation.

Thank you very much!!

Rottenberg Eli
Antwerp

It happened in the town of Lublin, on April 11th, 1828, at 8 a.m.
Appeared a jew, Haskel Bergman, a spekulant [A person earning from price fluctuations], 36 years old and Józef Neyman, a salt trader, 38 years old, living here in Lublin and they declared that on April 10th of the current year, at 4 p.m., in the house number 385, died of dispnoea [shortness of breath] Hersz Rappoport, 74 years old, a son of Szloma and Krejndla, the late spouses Rappoport from Lublin and he was survived by fis wife, Pesza and 4 sons: Szaul, Szloma and Berek, all three from Lublin and Józef from Lubartów and 3 daughters: Szprynca and Bina from Lublin and Maria from Tobiaszowa in Austria [it probably refers to the areas located in the Austrian Partition].
After convinced myself, the undersigned, about the death of Hersz Rappoport this act was read to the declarants, first of which was deceased's son-in-law and the second was a friend of the deceased person, this act was read and it was signed by Haskel Bergman and Józef Neyman.

Haskel Bergman, the witness, Józef Neyman, the witness,
Wincenty Skrzypczyński, The Civil Registrar.

Gwhizjudy

Replies: 19

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2023 7:04 am      Post subject: Polish birth translation

Kindly translate this birth record I obtained from geneteka.genealodzy.pl
I have attached the reference information for the scan if needed. Thank you….Judy Smith

IMG_1598.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  518.77 KB

IMG_1598.jpeg

IMG_1619.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  103.46 KB

IMG_1619.jpeg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 690

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2023 3:21 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish birth translation

Gwhizjudy wrote:
Kindly translate this birth record I obtained from geneteka.genealodzy.pl
I have attached the reference information for the scan if needed. Thank you….Judy Smith

No.58 Bądkowo Jeziorne
It happened in Bądkowo Kościelne, on June 14th, 1867, at 12 a.m.
Appeared Ignacy Cyckiewicz, a shepherd, from Bądkowo Jeziorne, 59 years old, in the presence of Józef Roziński, 48 years old and Jan Boroski 45 years old, both peasants from Bądkowo Jeziorne and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in Bądkowo Jeziorne, yesterday at 11 a.m. to his wife, Julianna nee Michalska, 49 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Jan Władysław and the godparents were: Jan Grzegorzewski i Maryanna Kowalewska.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, who all were illiterate, and it was signed by Us only.
X. Emilian Dęmbek, the administrator of the parish and Civil Registrar

Best regards
-Barb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 565, 566, 567 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 566 of 581

Jump to: