PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:39 pm      Post subject: Kontract 1740 Stratyn

Hello again! I know that my queries are a bit out of the ordinary, but as I expressed before, I am trying to understand the culture in 18th century Galicia. Thanks to the Polish kings, a strong Jewish community was introduced to Ukraine, performing vital commercial and administrative functions. The stereotypical Ukrainian country town or village saw the mansion of a Polish landowner adjoined by a small Jewish shtetl and surrounded by a sea of Ruthenian peasant plots.

These Jewish folks were occasionally farmers but often were tenants of the residing landowner or entered into contracts for required goods and services.

Three attachments here, and I am hoping that someone out there would be kind enough to help me interpret what the third "kontract" in 1740 attachment was for.

The first attachment is one that I figured out was for the provision of salt to the manor house in Stratyn - second attachment was the delivery in 1839!

BTW my forebears were poor Ruthenian peasants - my quest is to try to parachute back into the times and try to understand what their everyday lives were like. I already know a great deal about the largess of the owner of Stratyn, Dubryniow and Pukiw was like - totally unimaginable in my day but I am not here to judge, only to observe. Adding an attachment of the minor - street facing building belonging to the dwor - manor house in Stratyn.

Best,
Gail

Stanislaw Janowski (1866 - 1942) Stratyn (Polish Mansion).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.18 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Stanislaw Janowski (1866 - 1942) Stratyn (Polish Mansion).jpg

Kontract 1740.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  588.92 KB

Kontract 1740.jpg

1840 salt to the castle Abraham expense.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.9 MB

1840 salt to the castle Abraham expense.jpg

Stefan bodnar abraham ungar contract 1830 scan 149.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.43 MB

Stefan bodnar abraham ungar contract 1830 scan 149.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: