PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:07 am      Post subject: Anthony Suleski (b. 1884)

I’m trying to track down my great-grandfather’s Polish birthplace. Recently I obtained his Alien File, which includes the following details.

Name: Anthony Julius Suleski
Birth date: 5/25/1884
Birth place: Rickwell, Calais, Poland
Arrival date: 6/11/1902
Arrival port: NY
Ship: Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse

That ship did arrive at NY on that date, but Anthony is not on the manifest. Perhaps “Calais” is supposed to be Kalisz? Does anyone have any ideas about “Rickwell”?

Thank you!
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2792

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:45 am      Post subject: Re: Anthony Suleski (b. 1884)

seananthony wrote:
I’m trying to track down my great-grandfather’s Polish birthplace. Recently I obtained his Alien File, which includes the following details.

Name: Anthony Julius Suleski
Birth date: 5/25/1884
Birth place: Rickwell, Calais, Poland
Arrival date: 6/11/1902
Arrival port: NY
Ship: Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse

That ship did arrive at NY on that date, but Anthony is not on the manifest. Perhaps “Calais” is supposed to be Kalisz? Does anyone have any ideas about “Rickwell”?

Thank you!

Hi,

Rychwał seems like a good possibility. It was in powiat Koniński of the Gubierna (Province) of Kalisz. Cf. Attached map. Currently in woj. Wielkopolskie, powiat koniński

Wishing you success,

Dave

21.Koninski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  127.3 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

21.Koninski.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 692

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:59 am      Post subject: Re: Anthony Suleski (b. 1884)

Hi,
I think like Dave. It could be Rychwał. Unfortunately FamilySearch and Szukaj w archiwach does not exist the year (1884). I checked the years before and after and did not find the surname Sulewski / Suleski. Nevertheless, I wrote to the parish to find out if this church book is in the parish archive. Hope to get an answer.

Regards,
-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:31 am      Post subject: Re: Anthony Suleski (b. 1884)

BarbOslo wrote:
Hi,
I think like Dave. It could be Rychwał. Unfortunately FamilySearch and Szukaj w archiwach does not exist the year (1884). I checked the years before and after and did not find the surname Sulewski / Suleski. Nevertheless, I wrote to the parish to find out if this church book is in the parish archive. Hope to get an answer.

Regards,
-Barb

Ingen Sulewski got married in this parish between 1865 and 1886.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:45 am      Post subject: Re: Anthony Suleski (b. 1884)

Hi again,
I got a reply from the parish Rychwał. Unfortunately there are no books from that time in the parish archive.
Do you have other documents relating to Antoni Juliusz. For example, a wedding record? Parents name?

Regards,
-Barb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: