PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 573, 574, 575 ... 577, 578, 579  Next
Author

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:15 am      Post subject: Re: Jakob Neumann / Anna Scherling

TorSee wrote:
Hi,
could someone here translate the attached birth entries?
Thank you in advance.

Torsten Seemann

Sorry, it was the "wrong" Anna Scherling. No need to translate
The now attached birth document is right and I wouls appriciate a translation.

Torsten Seemann

1853 Geburt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  679.16 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1853 Geburt.jpg

ofercorn

Replies: 13

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:51 pm      Post subject:

Hi,

I'm looking for the translation of the attached death certificate of Ruchle Kestenberg of Kozience.
This is from 1851 and I'm interested in the information of both her ancestors and decendents.

Thanks in advance.

Dr Ofer Cornfeld

??? ??????? ??? ?? ??? ????.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  414.81 KB

??? ??????? ??? ?? ??? ????.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4178

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:17 am      Post subject:

ofercorn wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for the translation of the attached death certificate of Ruchle Kestenberg of Kozience.
This is from 1851 and I'm interested in the information of both her ancestors and decendents.

Thanks in advance.

Dr Ofer Cornfeld

Ruchla Pielkowicz Kisztenberg

It happened in Kozienice, on January 22nd, 1851, at 4 p.m.
Appeared a jew, Abram Rappoport, 52 years old and Lejbuś Dynerman, 55 years old, both living in Kozienice and they declared that today, at 7 a.m., died Ruchla Pielkowicz Kiesztenberg, who lived in Kozienice, 80 years old, a daughter of the late parents: Pelta Lejbusiowicz and his wife, Basa Izraelowicz. She was survived by her two children, a son Icek, 48 years old and a son, Dawid Lejb, 36 years old.
After convinced myself about the death of Ruchla Petkowicz Kiestenberg this act was read to the declarants and it was signed by Abram Rapport; Lejbuś Dynerman was inniterate.

Signatures of:
Abram Rappoport,
the Civil Registrar [can't read his name].

As you can see, there are a lot of typo errors in this document: Pielkowicz vs Petkowicz, Rappoport vs. Rapport, Kiesztenberg vs Kiestenberg.

I guess Pielkowicz/Petkowicz refers to her father's name: Pelta
Lejbusiowicz - a son of Lejbuś
Izraelowicz - a daughter of Izrael.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:36 am      Post subject: Re: Jakob Neumann / Anna Scherling

TorSee wrote:
TorSee wrote:
Hi,
could someone here translate the attached birth entries?
Thank you in advance.

Torsten Seemann

Sorry, it was the "wrong" Anna Scherling. No need to translate
The now attached birth document is right and I wouls appriciate a translation.

Torsten Seemann

Nr 18
Kępa Kiełpińska
Scherling Anna Marianna

It happened in the town of Nowy Dwór, on January 29th/February 10th, 1853, at 2 p.m.
Appeared personally Jerzy Scherling, a farmer from Kępa Kiełpińska, 34 years old, in the presence of Henryk Konrad, a farmer from Kępa Kiełpińska, 36 years old and Henryk Petz, a farmer from Kępa Kiełpińska, 32 years old and presented Us a female infant child, who was born in Kępa Kiełpińska on January 5th/17th of the current year, at 6 p.m., to his wife, Anna nee Nikkel, 28 years old.

At the Holy Baptism, held today in the presence of the aforementioned people, the child was given two names: Anna Marianna, and her godparents were Henryk Konrad and Małgorzata Kurth, a miss, Henryk Petz and Krystyna Scherling, a miss.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses and it was signed by the witness Henryk Petz only, because the declarant and the first witness were illiterate.

Document was signed by the pastor.

arielvfu

Replies: 60

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:07 pm      Post subject:

Two certificates, what appears to be sisters (?) that got married to the same person? though in different cities

We'd be happy for a full translation for both marriage records

many thanks

1870 LIBA GOLDMAN MOSZEK.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.35 MB

1870 LIBA GOLDMAN MOSZEK.jpg

1857 PESSA GOLDMAN MOSZEK.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.57 MB

1857 PESSA GOLDMAN MOSZEK.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:28 pm      Post subject:

arielvfu wrote:
Two certificates, what appears to be sisters (?) that got married to the same person? though in different cities

We'd be happy for a full translation for both marriage records

many thanks

Nr

It happened in the city of Warsaw, in the office of the Civil Registrar for Nonchristian Denominations of the 5th District, on March 2nd/14th, 1870, at 4 p.m.

Appeared Icek Fajgenbaum, a clergyman and

Moszek Mordka Milsztajn, a widower, a trader, 30 years old, who was born in the city of Warsaw, a son of Lejzor and Estera nee Giebotszrajber, the Milsztajn spouses, living in the house number 2932

and

Liba Goldman, a miss, 21 years old, who was born in the town of Zakroczym, a daughter of Szaja and the late Chaja Sura nee Brin, the Goldman spouses, living in the house number 2932,

in the presence of the witnesses, Chaim Knobelman, a carpenter, 36 years old, libing in the house number 2929 and 2930 B and Nusym Kreps, a trader, 62 years old, living in the house number 2932,

and declared that in His presence, on October 28th/November 9th, 1869, a religious marriage was concluded, between:

Moszek Mordka Milsztajn, a widower and Liba Goldman, a miss, after the three banns of marriage, announced on: October 11th/23rd, October 18th/30th and October 25th/November 6th, 1869.

There were no objections for this marriage.

The newlyweds declared that they did enter into the prenuptial agreement on October 14th/26th, 1869, in the office of notary Michał Przysiecki.

This act was read and signed by Us and the groom and the first witness. The bride and the second witness were illiterate.

Zakroczym

It happened in the town of Zakroczym, on July 26th/August 7th, 1857, at 7 p.m.
SAppeared a jew, Hersz Rawicz, a rabbi deputy from the Zakroczym town synagogue and the witnesses, jews: Hersz Naparstek, a synagogue sexton, 55 years old and Kiwa Epsztejn, a synagogue sexton, 35 years old, both living in Zakroczym,

and declared that today, a religious marriage was concluded, between:

a jew, Moszek Mordka, of two names, Milsztejn, a single man, 18 years old, living at his parents', who was born in Warsaw, a son of Lejzor and Estera, Herszek's daughter, the Milsztejn spouses, a street traders

and

Pessa Goldman, a miss, 20 years old, who was born in the town of Skierniewice, located in the Governorate of Warsaw, a daughter of Szaja and Chaja Sura nee Bryn, the Goldman spouses, a street traders living in Zakroczym, living at her parents'.

The newlyweds' parents gave their permission for this marriage.

This marriage was preceded by the three banns of marriage announced in Warsaw by the Civil Registrar for the Nonchristian Denominations and in the synagogue in Zakroczym, on: June 15th/27th, June 22nd/July 4th and June 29th/July 11th of the current year.

There were no objections for this marriage.
The newlyweds declared they did not enter into the prenuptial agreement.

This act was read to the newlyweds and the witnesses and it was signed by Us, the rabbi deputy, the newlyweds, the newlyweds' farthers and the witnesses. The newlyweds' mothers were illiterate.

arielvfu

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:43 pm      Post subject:

Can you please assist with the following translation:

5 death chaja sura goldman- kids appear.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  987.26 KB

5 death chaja sura goldman- kids appear.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:19 pm      Post subject:

arielvfu wrote:

I am working on it.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am      Post subject:

arielvfu wrote:

Nr 5
Zakroczym

It happened in the town of Zakroczym, on July 22nd/March 5th, 1860, at 9 a.m.
Appeared the jews, Hersz Naparstek, 58 years old and Kiwa Epsztejn, 37 years old, both the synagogue sextons living in Zakroczym and they declared that yesterday, at 4 p.m., died here, in Zakroczym, a jew, Chaja Sura nee Kronenberg Goldman, married, 60 years old, who was born in the town of Skierniewice. She was survived by her husband, Szaja, a street trader and sons: Icek, Izrael, Matys and daughters: Pessa, Mindla, Ejdla, Perla, Estera and Liba Goldman in Zakroczym, who live with their father in the wooden house in the Market Square worth 700 silver rubles. Their movables and household utensils are worth 100 silver rubles.
After convinced myself about the death of the aforementioned jew this act was read and it was signed by us and the declarants.

The mayor of the town, serving as Civil Registrar, Rychłowski,

Hersz Naparstek, Kiwa Epsztejn.

arielvfu

Post Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:16 am      Post subject:

We found this birth record from 1809, but some things don't add up, espacially in regards to the mother of the newborn.

We'd appriciate a full translation with emphasis on family ties

Many thanks again

Chayim Zelik b 1809 Plonsk.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.35 MB

Chayim Zelik b 1809 Plonsk.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:23 pm      Post subject:

arielvfu wrote:
We found this birth record from 1809, but some things don't add up, espacially in regards to the mother of the newborn.

Many thanks again

Nr 4

In the year of 1089, on June 1st, at 6 p.m., in front of Us, the Civil Registrar for the commune of Płońsk, located in the county of Wyszogród, in the department of Płock, appeared a jew, Abram, Lask, a trader, 40 years old, living in Płońsk and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in his house number 88 on March 29th of the current year and declared that the child was born to him and his wife, Szayndla nee Rayc [or maybe Rayec???], 35 years old and that his wish was to name the child Chaim Zelik.
After the above statement and the presentation of the child were made, in the presence of the jew, Herszek Zelik, a trader, 40 years old, living in Płońsk and Aleksander Goldflus, a clerk, 32 years old, living in Płońsk, this act was read and signed by the father of the child and the witnesses and Us.

The Civil Registrar for the commune of Płońsk, Jan Giełczewski,
Abram Lask,
Herszek Zelik, as a witness,
Aleksander Goldflus, as a witness.

arielvfu

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:07 pm      Post subject:

marcelproust wrote:
arielvfu wrote:

Many thanks again

Nr 4

In the year of 1089, on June 1st, at 6 p.m., in front of Us, the Civil Registrar for the commune of Płońsk, located in the county of Wyszogród, in the department of Płock, appeared a jew, Abram, Lask, a trader, 40 years old, living in Płońsk and presented Us a male infant child, who was born in his house number 88 on March 29th of the current year and declared that the child was born to him and his wife, Szayndla nee Rayc [or maybe Rayec???], 35 years old and that his wish was to name the child Chaim Zelik.
After the above statement and the presentation of the child were made, in the presence of the jew, Herszek Zelik, a trader, 40 years old, living in Płońsk and Aleksander Goldflus, a clerk, 32 years old, living in Płońsk, this act was read and signed by the father of the child and the witnesses and Us.

Abram Lask,

Thank you very much, now an interesting question with another record that we have where Szejndla was mentioned
here Rayec(?) is the surname in another record it implies its her mum? I'm attaching here the other record and the translation of this line within the record

"daughter of Chaym Ra and Rayca nee Szmul, both from Płońsk" ?

Since it's weird in one it's the mother and in the other it's a surname, by looking maybe in the connecting words or other little hints we can tell which one is correct?

109_sza_1824_169.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.87 MB

109_sza_1824_169.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:17 pm      Post subject:

arielvfu wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
arielvfu wrote:

Many thanks again

Nr 4

Abram Lask,

Thank you very much, now an interesting question with another record that we have where Szejndla was mentioned
here Rayec(?) is the surname in another record it implies its her mum? I'm attaching here the other record and the translation of this line within the record

"daughter of Chaym Ra and Rayca nee Szmul, both from Płońsk" ?

Since it's weird in one it's the mother and in the other it's a surname, by looking maybe in the connecting words or other little hints we can tell which one is correct?

I am working on it.

j_lex

Replies: 50

Post Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:34 pm      Post subject:

Hello, I am looking for a translation of the father's occupation (the underlined word). I am quite familiar with the son's occupation, wyrobnik, but I couldn't locate the other in any of my reference documents. Another document the father is listed as a 'Gospodarz' which I've interpreted as a fairly prosperous peasant. The father eventually died as an 'Inquilinus' or landless peasant, so just trying to put the pieces together.

Thank you.

Full record if needed: https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/jednostka/-/jednostka/1492878?_Jednostka_delta=20&_Jednostka_resetCur=false&_Jednostka_cur=2&_Jednostka_id_jednostki=1492878

Ignatius Wieczorek occupation.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.58 KB

Ignatius Wieczorek occupation.JPG

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 612

Post Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:11 am      Post subject:

j_lex wrote:
Hello, I am looking for a translation of the father's occupation (the underlined word). I am quite familiar with the son's occupation, wyrobnik, but I couldn't locate the other in any of my reference documents. Another document the father is listed as a 'Gospodarz' which I've interpreted as a fairly prosperous peasant. The father eventually died as an 'Inquilinus' or landless peasant, so just trying to put the pieces together.

Thank you.

Full record if needed: https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/jednostka/-/jednostka/1492878?_Jednostka_delta=20&_Jednostka_resetCur=false&_Jednostka_cur=2&_Jednostka_id_jednostki=1492878

Hi,
Father's occupation was:
czynszownik: a peasant renting a land, exempt from serfdom for an annual fee.

regards,
-Barb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 573, 574, 575 ... 577, 578, 579  Next Page 574 of 579

Jump to: