PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:20 pm      Post subject: Where are the APH Wilno Bialostocki vital records now?

Parish vital records for the parishes in Bialostocki Archidiakonat from APH Wilno (1808 - 1864) used to be located in the waiting room at the following web address:
http://poczekalnia.genealodzy.pl/pliki/APH-Wilno/ArchidiakonatBialostocki/

There you could click on the year and a list of sub-directories would come up with the individual parishes. Clicking on a sub- directory with reveal further sub-directories sorted by births, marriages and deaths. However, recently when I clicked on the bookmark I had for this site I was redirected to Scanoteka and have no idea where these records now are located. I am particularly interested in locating the church records from the villages of Dolistowo and Jaminy where my ancestors resided. If someone could provide a link in Scanoteka where I can find these records, it would be most appreciated.
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1029

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:18 am      Post subject: Re: Where are the APH Wilno Bialostocki vital records now?

bigmakusa wrote:
Parish vital records for the parishes in Bialostocki Archidiakonat from APH Wilno (1808 - 1864) used to be located in the waiting room at the following web address:
http://poczekalnia.genealodzy.pl/pliki/APH-Wilno/ArchidiakonatBialostocki/

There you could click on the year and a list of sub-directories would come up with the individual parishes. Clicking on a sub- directory with reveal further sub-directories sorted by births, marriages and deaths. However, recently when I clicked on the bookmark I had for this site I was redirected to Scanoteka and have no idea where these records now are located. I am particularly interested in locating the church records from the villages of Dolistowo and Jaminy where my ancestors resided. If someone could provide a link in Scanoteka where I can find these records, it would be most appreciated.

Hi Bigmakusa,
This may be what you are looking for:
Dolistowo births, marriages, deaths: https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=&w=10pl&rid=4654
Jaminy births, marriages, deaths: https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=&w=10pl&rid=2402
Jaminy marriage announcements: https://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=&w=10pl&rid=4906
Best of luck in your search,
Sophia
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1029

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:25 am      Post subject:

bigmakusa

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:33 pm      Post subject: Where are the APH Wilno Bialostocki vital records now?

Sophia-

Thanks for your input, but the web site reference I gave in my original post was for the actual scans of the vital records from 1808 through 1864 for the Bialostocki parishes vital records. The geneteka reference you provided is a great index for these records, but the actual scans could be found in the waiting room. Also, the Jaminy scans that you provided a link for in szukajwarchiwach start at 1894 and do not include the 1808 - 1864 time period. So again, if anyone knows where the 1808-1864 scans can be found, please let me know.
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 692

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:02 pm      Post subject: Re: Where are the APH Wilno Bialostocki vital records now?

bigmakusa wrote:
Sophia-

Thanks for your input, but the web site reference I gave in my original post was for the actual scans of the vital records from 1808 through 1864 for the Bialostocki parishes vital records. The geneteka reference you provided is a great index for these records, but the actual scans could be found in the waiting room. Also, the Jaminy scans that you provided a link for in szukajwarchiwach start at 1894 and do not include the 1808 - 1864 time period. So again, if anyone knows where the 1808-1864 scans can be found, please let me know.

Hello,
I can't find "poczekalnia" on Genetyka.
Did you check this page?
https://jzi.org.pl/en/parafie/jaminy/
Regards,
- Barb
bigmakusa

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:30 pm      Post subject: Where are the APH Wilno Bialostocki vital records now?

Barb-

Yes, I have checked JZI for the Jaminy parish. Unfortunately, it is also another indexing site (although to be fair the indexed information that they provide is much more extensive than what is available on Geneteka), but JZI does not provide links to the actual scans and also does not index the Dolistowo parish (e.g., outside of their defined area) which I am also interested in. So again, if anyone comes across where these scans are in future, please let me know.
mm_88

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:50 pm      Post subject:

Hello,
I found this on genealodzy.pl forum - here is translation:

"The records of the first parish (Białystok), composed of the deanery books of the Białystok Archdeaconry, have recently been placed in their final form: https://metryki.genealodzy.pl/ar16-zs267.

The next ones will be made, but it will take some time because, unfortunately, for various reasons (including the reverse order of scans in many books, the need to transfer from several dozen yearbook folders from one parish to one folder, renaming the folders, etc.) it is much more time-consuming process than standard scan processing. Taking into account that scans of these books, of much better quality (although not conveniently arranged by location like our copies), have been available online on the Mormon website for quite a few years, and at the same time, any day now, the scans from the Archdeaconry will be the last ones left in the Poczekalnia - will be moved off-line, from where they will be successively processed and added to Skanoteka."

I think that scans are here https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/2572900?availability=Family%20History%20Library

bigmakusa

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:50 pm      Post subject: Where are the APH Wilno Bialostocki vital records now?

Monika-

Thank you for the information from the genealodzy.pl forum regrading the fate of these vital records. It would have been so much better if genealodzy.pl would have just explained this when they moved them from the Waiting Room rather than simply redirecting that web link to Scanoteka. Incidentally, when I did search through that site, I did find the records for the first parish (Białystok), but none of the others.

While it is true that these records also exist on the Mormon website, you can't actually access the scans (they are shown with a key above the file folders) unless you go to a Family History center to gain access to them, where before they were freely available to download from the Waiting Room on the genealodzy.pl website.

Having worked with these records in the past, it was challenging to find the proper record due to the many sub-directories and the fact that they were scanned and posted in reverse order. However, I am glad to hear that they will eventually be added to Scanoteka and will again be available for downloading in the future. Guess I will just have to wait until the parishes that I am actively researching get posted there. Thanks to all who assisted in solving this issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: