PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 190

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:54 am      Post subject: Szreder / Schröder Family

Hello everyone,

I am currently researching the children of Gustaw Szreder (1846-1895) and Marcella nee Bulwina (1847–1919). I know that there was an agreement between them that all sons would be evangelical, and all daughters would be catholic. Using this knowledge, I have found many records regarding the family, but many branches of the family remain unknown. This is why I came out to reach for help.

Here are the children. The vital dates that are bolded are the ones for which I don't have records and need help on:

Maria: Born around 1870 in Bialystok, Died after 1919
Felicia: Born on March 26th, 1871 in Bialystok (according to her obituary card), Died in 1967 in the US
Reinhold: Born in June of 1875 in Bacieczki, Died on January 19th, 1877 in Fasty (Dobrzyniewo)
Ludwig: Born on May 12th, 1877 in Jurowce, Died before 1919
Anna: Born around 1879 in Bialystok, Died in 1946 in Bialystok
Johanna: Born on May 20th, 1879 in Dlugolinka, Death Unknown
Karol: Born on November 6th, 1880 in Bialystok, died in 1964 in the US

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Lucas Kernan

Sources:
https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/web/archiwum-panstwowe-w-bialymstoku
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 692

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:19 pm      Post subject: Re: Szreder / Schröder Family

HelpTheFamily wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am currently researching the children of Gustaw Szreder (1846-1895) and Marcella nee Bulwina (1847–1919). I know that there was an agreement between them that all sons would be evangelical, and all daughters would be catholic. Using this knowledge, I have found many records regarding the family, but many branches of the family remain unknown. This is why I came out to reach for help.

Here are the children. The vital dates that are bolded are the ones for which I don't have records and need help on:

Felicia: Born on March 26th, 1871 in Bialystok (according to her obituary card), Died in 1967 in the US
Reinhold: Born in June of 1875 in Bacieczki, Died on January 19th, 1877 in Fasty (Dobrzyniewo)

Best Regards,
Lucas Kernan

Sources:

Hi Lucas,
Johanna and Anna are the same person. According to you, both were born in 1879 or ab.1879. Johanna was born on 20 April (not May) 1879 in Długołęka, and she was baptized in the Evangelical Church (not Catholic).
When she married in 1897, she was listed as Anna. She was then 18 years old. This gives an estimated year of birth of 1879. It's the same as Johanna. They were not twin sisters.
As you surely know, Gustav and Marcella were married in 1865 in the Evangelical Church. The first child you have on your list was born in 1870, five years after. To me, it seems that they had several children, especially that the other children were born close to each other.
The children I have found were all baptized in the Evangelical Church, but two daughters married in the Catholic Church.
It will not be easy to find all the records. Church books from the Catholic Church you are interested in checking are missing. Unless something is in the archive and has not been digitized yet.

Best regards,
-Barb
HelpTheFamily

Replies: 190

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:39 pm      Post subject: Re: Szreder / Schröder Family

BarbOslo wrote:
HelpTheFamily wrote:
Hello everyone,

Best Regards,
Lucas Kernan

Sources:

Hi Lucas,
Johanna and Anna are the same person. According to you, both were born in 1879 or ab.1879. Johanna was born on 20 April (not May) 1879 in Długołęka, and she was baptized in the Evangelical Church (not Catholic).
When she married in 1897, she was listed as Anna. She was then 18 years old. This gives an estimated year of birth of 1879. It's the same as Johanna. They were not twin sisters.
As you surely know, Gustav and Marcella were married in 1865 in the Evangelical Church. The first child you have on your list was born in 1870, five years after. To me, it seems that they had several children, especially that the other children were born close to each other.
The children I have found were all baptized in the Evangelical Church, but two daughters married in the Catholic Church.
It will not be easy to find all the records. Church books from the Catholic Church you are interested in checking are missing. Unless something is in the archive and has not been digitized yet.

Best regards,
-Barb

Perhaps the other children are recorded in this collection? Problem is that it is written in russian that I cannot read, so if you feel like it, you could go over it. Not saying you should.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: