PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:04 pm      Post subject: Help plz

Hi,

Looking for information about my grandfathers family. Here’s what I can tell about my grandfather
Name: Bronislaw/Bronislav Buczek
D.O.B: 2/2/1922
Place: prsynetnica brzozow
He came to Australia in 1949 aged 26 yrs old. And had at least 1 brother that all I could find.
From what I had found that his parents names were Jozef and zofia? Maybe I could be wrong.

If any anyone could help me would be so much appreciative and look forward in learning more of my family.

Kind regards
Michelle Buczek from Australia
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:39 pm      Post subject:

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the forum.

Assuming the information you provided is correct, the Polish spelling of the village is: Przysietnica currently in Gmina Brzowow. Not sure how much of this information you may already have – but here goes:

Here is the current Wikipedia Poland page for village of Przysietnica in Brzowow. Written in Polish, but can use your browser to translate into English (you will have to copy/paste the URL into your browser because it is too long for the post):
https://pl-m-wikipedia-org.translate.goog/wiki/Przysietnica_(wojew%C3%B3dztwo_podkarpackie)?_x_tr_sl=pl&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Attached is the screen shot from the Polish parishes database for St. Martin’s in Przysietnica. Also, there is a current parish webpage for Przysietnica in Brzowow with contact information, history, and pictures. It is written in Polish, but you can use the browser to translate the website into English. You will probably need to contact the parish church yourself or hire a researcher to make that call for you if you want to find records for your grandfather and his family. Keep in mind that privacy laws may prohibit the parish (or the archive) from giving you that information, but it is worth a try. Here is the link:
http://parafiaprzysietnica.pl/

Below is the Parish book of births from 1889-1909 for Przysietnica in Brzowow. Note: this book doesn’t cover the year of Bronislaw’s birth in 1922, but it could contain the birth record for Bronislaw’s father, Jozef. Problem is we don’t know Jozef’s parent’s names or his estimated year of birth. I’d hold onto it for now – you may have more information later and be able to search through it then. FYI, after browsing through the entries for 1908-1909, I did notice there are several different Buczek families in the village – probably all related. I also saw one birth entry for a Data family – which is interesting. Perhaps Bronislaw actually returned to Poland and married into a family he knew from his village. Link to the parish book:
https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/jednostka/-/jednostka/22453018?_Jednostka_delta=20&_Jednostka_resetCur=false&_Jednostka_cur=1&_Jednostka_id_jednostki=22453018

Below is the link to the Arolsen Archives where there are multiple DP cards for Bronislaw Buczek. When you go to the link, simply search for Bronislaw Buczek. You will get a list of results under the “people” grouping. Select each one with the date of 02.02.19 and you will be able to view and download each of the cards for him. NOTE: as you view the cards, you will notice that the information changes depending on who is taking down the information each time. For example, some cards indicate Przysietnica in Brzowow and others indicate Przysietnica in Krakow (near Nowy Sacz). That is because there are two villages by the same name one around Krakow and one around Brzowow. If the person taking the information didn’t know this and Bronislaw didn’t explicitly say which one, that could be why the cards have different information. The cards also give the full names of his parents: Jozef Buczek and Zofia Data (or Dada). Here is the link to the search page for the archives:
https://arolsen-archives.org/en/search-explore/search-online-archive/

Some information from the DP cards in general:

Name: Bronislaw Buczek
Birth: 2.2.1922 (some cards say 1920)
Birth Place: different spellings of Przysietnica; some say Krakow and others Brzozow
Parents: Jozef and Zofia nee Data (Dada)
Speaks: Polish, German, possibly Russian
Occupations: locksmith, tractor driver, farmer
He does NOT identify as ever being a prisoner of war
One of the cards is stamped: “Emigrated to Australia on 18.1.49”

That’s all I have for you. I will let others add to this and/or correct if I got anything wrong.

Best,
Cynthia

Parish for Przysietnica.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  400.61 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Parish for Przysietnica.jpg

Send e-mail
TedMack

Replies: 483

Post Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:03 am      Post subject: Re: Help plz

MBuczek wrote:
Hi,

Looking for information about my grandfathers family. Here’s what I can tell about my grandfather
Name: Bronislaw/Bronislav Buczek
D.O.B: 2/2/1922
Place: prsynetnica brzozow
He came to Australia in 1949 aged 26 yrs old. And had at least 1 brother that all I could find.
From what I had found that his parents names were Jozef and zofia? Maybe I could be wrong.

If any anyone could help me would be so much appreciative and look forward in learning more of my family.

Kind regards
Michelle Buczek from Australia

G'day Michelle

There is a card in the National Archives of Australia for your grandfathers arrival in Australia at
https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/NAAMedia/ShowImage.aspx?B=203667912&S=1&T=P&R=0
it has only basic information and where he was sent to for work when he first arrived. The card also lists the next of kin as Jozef and confirms he was still alive when Bronislaw arrived.

There are other immigration documents available but not digitised - see listing on this page
https://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/ListingReports/ItemsListing.aspx
you will need to contact the NAA and ask for them to released (can't remember if there is a charge).

Good luck in your research.
Ted
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: