PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:22 am      Post subject:

Hi Barb and Trish!

Thank you so much Barb for looking through old books and trying to find him and his family, I really appreciate it. It was exciting for me looking through them and seeing some Krutulis' too bad it just wasn't the right ones. The ones I looked through were hosted on ePaveldas. That really stinks about the lack of churchbooks for Jackonys...but it is really cool to have a probable place that they originated from! I am enjoying reading about the area and its' history.

Thank you, Trish, for uploading the manifests and their data! I am still interested in investigating Maria/Mary and Martha, maybe they will lead somewhere interesting! I am also excited to keep searching for Ewa's side now that I have a location to start!

I did have two questions moving forward; Does anyone have experience with the Lithuanian State History Archive or any of the regional archives? It seems they have some civil records there. Maybe if not in the metrical books, they might have something of a Krutulis member that could lead somewhere?

Lastly, has anyone used Geni before? There is an option to view Stanislovas' complete profile, https://www.geni.com/people/Stanislovas-Stasys-Krutulis/6000000125921642842 , but I am not sure if there is really other info in their record or if it is a ploy to have me get the membership.

Thank you again to everyone for your help! Smile
~jerry
Trish
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 307

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:30 am      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I think the last two you mentioned (Stanislaw and Martin) are not Simon's brothers. If you look at the picture, you can see that Stanislaw, who is Simon's brother, was born approx. 1862. It appears that the family lived in the village of Jackoni (Lithuanian Jackonys). Unfortunately there are few church books left. In the beginning, there was only one "branch" church.
The church in Udria existed until 1837, then it was demolished. The next church was built in 1861, but this one burned down in 1913. Then a new church was built in 1924.
From what I have gained access to, I found no trace of Simon's parents. Surname Krutul / Krutulis is to be found there.

-Barb

Hi Barbara and Everyone,
Barbara, thank you for clearing that up about Martin and Stanislaw. I did make a comment that the Martin and Stanislaw I found could be possible relatives of Szymon. Now we know they are not.

We do know that Szymon did have a sister named Mary Daukszys (aka-Mary Dowkus) living in Plymouth, Pennsylvania. Still trying to find a manifest for her. Plus we know Syzmon had a brother named Stanislaw born about 1862.

Have a great day!
Regards,
Trish
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 828

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:41 pm      Post subject:

Hello,
Good news. Finally, it can be confirmed that Simon comes from a place called Jackonys. The village belongs to the parish Udrija. It's a good idea to also check the parish of Otters. I found something about two younger siblings of Simon.
Marianna could be Mary Daukszis. Her age matches the 1900 Census, but does not match the 1934 death record, where her age is given as 54. Is this the same person? I doubt it.
Unfortunately, not much can be found online. Will look for something more later.
Attaches some attachments.

-Barb

B-Krutul Marianna, 1873 parish Udrija.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.82 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

B-Krutul Marianna, 1873 parish Udrija.jpg

B-Krutul Stanislaw, 1864 parish Udrija.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  182.98 KB

B-Krutul Stanislaw, 1864 parish Udrija.jpg

Fam.Krutulis.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.36 KB

Fam.Krutulis.jpg

jangle1

Replies: 25

Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:04 pm      Post subject:

BarbOslo wrote:
Hello,
Good news. Finally, it can be confirmed that Simon comes from a place called Jackonys. The village belongs to the parish Udrija. It's a good idea to also check the parish of Otters. I found something about two younger siblings of Simon.
Marianna could be Mary Daukszis. Her age matches the 1900 Census, but does not match the 1934 death record, where her age is given as 54. Is this the same person? I doubt it.
Unfortunately, not much can be found online. Will look for something more later.

-Barb

Hi everyone!

This is such an exciting find! I was hopeful about the record on Geni that Monika found, especially combined with the record I found on the Metrikai. It is really cool to see that the details are matching each other! I will definitely try to do more digging online and see what I can find in the parish of Otters.

Regarding Marianna, a birthdate of 1880 vs 1873 is a fair difference, but I'm happy that Stanislovas' 1864 vs 1862 is much more probable. Thank you, Barb, for finding and posting these!

I was able to contact the lady who created the records on Geni and she also confirmed that he was born in Jackonys, Udrija. She said that she was navigating through different books, found them, and bought the records before uploading. I am unsure if she was doing this in person or online, however. She was interested because she has distant paternal Krutulis ancestors. I might have found a very distant relative and might be able to share information she doesn't know about Stanislovas' sibling! I don't think she has seen the record on Metrikai either.

This is such a cool find, thank you all for so much help!

~jerry
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 828

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:42 am      Post subject:

jangle1 wrote:
BarbOslo wrote:
Hello,

-Barb

Hi everyone!

This is such an exciting find! I was hopeful about the record on Geni that Monika found, especially combined with the record I found on the Metrikai. It is really cool to see that the details are matching each other! I will definitely try to do more digging online and see what I can find in the parish of Otters.

Regarding Marianna, a birthdate of 1880 vs 1873 is a fair difference, but I'm happy that Stanislovas' 1864 vs 1862 is much more probable. Thank you, Barb, for finding and posting these!

I was able to contact the lady who created the records on Geni and she also confirmed that he was born in Jackonys, Udrija. She said that she was navigating through different books, found them, and bought the records before uploading. I am unsure if she was doing this in person or online, however. She was interested because she has distant paternal Krutulis ancestors. I might have found a very distant relative and might be able to share information she doesn't know about Stanislovas' sibling! I don't think she has seen the record on Metrikai either.

This is such a cool find, thank you all for so much help!

~jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: