PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:00 pm      Post subject: Finding Geneteka Scan

I am trying to access the birth record for my grandfather, Jozef Zukowski, who was born in Supienie, Poland on June 9. 1899. When I click the scan link on Geneteka (see attachment) to find record 95, it does not take me to the correct document. I have looked at a number of documents but haven't been able to locate my grandfather's birth record.

Can someone help me find the right document? Thank you!

Jozef Zukowski (Geneteka Search).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.98 KB
 Viewed:  307 Time(s)

Jozef Zukowski (Geneteka Search).png

Scan.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.98 KB
 Viewed:  309 Time(s)

Scan.png

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 827

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:19 pm      Post subject: Re: Finding Geneteka Scan

Lewun wrote:
I am trying to access the birth record for my grandfather, Jozef Zukowski, who was born in Supienie, Poland on June 9. 1899. When I click the scan link on Geneteka (see attachment) to find record 95, it does not take me to the correct document. I have looked at a number of documents but haven't been able to locate my grandfather's birth record.

Can someone help me find the right document? Thank you!

Hello,
Here is the birth record you are looking for (no.95).

Regards,
- Barb

B-Zukowski Jozef, 1899.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.39 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

B-Zukowski Jozef, 1899.jpg

BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 827

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 6:39 pm      Post subject:

The translation follows:
No.95
Supienie
It happened in Filipów, on May 30th /Juny 11th, 1899, at 2 p.m.
Appeared Aleksander Żukowski, a farmer, 45 years old, living in the village of Supienie, in the presence of Ludwik Złotorzyński 55 years old and Franciszek Rydzewski 50 years old, both farmers in the village of Supienie and presented Us a newborn male child, informing that the child was born in the village of Supienie, the day before yesterday, at 5 p.m. to his wife Anna nee Zielińska, 46 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today by the priest Michał Budzyński, the child was given the name Józef, and the godparents were Władysław Zieliński and Anna Zielińska.
This act was read to the declarant and the witnesses, who were illiterate and it was signed by Us only.
Serving as Civil Registrar
Illegible signature

Regards,
-Barb
Lewun

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:11 pm      Post subject: Finding Geneteka Scan

Thanks ever so much Barb! You found the document so quickly and then kindly translated it into English for me. I greatly appreciate your expert assistance. All the best ... Leon C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: