PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 827

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:13 pm      Post subject:

Dave, it appears that Mikolaj was born in 1908, not 1918. This record was dated 1928. He was then 20 years old.
Samir, you said your great-grandfather's name was Wilkoloski. The surname was changed from the original Wolosiuk.
Mikolaj was born in Nowosiolki, and baptized in the parish of Domaczewo. His father's name was Ignacy. The mother's name was ?Iwanica, and she was the daughter of Fiedor (surname unknown). Parents were Orthodox.

Domaczewo is located in Belarus, right on the border with Poland, and not far from the Ukrainian border.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damachava
If I find anything about Anisja's parents or grandparents in the church register, I will contact you.

-Barb
BarbOslo
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 827

Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:47 pm      Post subject:

Hi Samir,
News! I got access to something more in the parish Dorofijowka. This gave 2 new generations of Szymański . I corrected errors. I also found Anisia's elder brother, Nicolaus (Mikołaj), born in 1893.

5 generations of Szymański:
Michał Szymański and Tekla nee Bryła
Ignacy Szymański and Maria nee Dobosz
Piotr Szymański and Maria nee Przysiężniuk
Andrzej Szymański and Anna nee Melnyk
Anisia Szymańska

Regards,
-Barb

M-Szymanski-Bryla, 1802 the oldest document.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  964.77 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

M-Szymanski-Bryla, 1802 the oldest document.jpg

Samir

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:07 pm      Post subject:

Hi, Barb. Sorry for the delay, I was involved with work and also with this investigation into my great-grandparents.

You got awesome information! Thank you very much for your research. I asked the Brazilian government for the foreign records of Mikolaj and Anisia, which I hope contains detailed information about their arrival in Brazil, such as the exact date they arrived and even the name of the ship that brought them and the list of passengers.

I also managed to get in touch with a Polish citizen who lives near Nowosiółk, the village where Mikolaj was born, and knows two people from there with the surname Wolosiuk. She will kindly ask them about my great-grandfather.

I tried to contact Dorofijowka city hall, but I couldn't find any email or phone number. I also tried to contact the church where my great-grandmother was baptized, but I was unable to do so. Therefore, I ended up sending emails to the state (oblast) where Dorofijowka is located, in Ukraine, and to the general email address of the Greek Catholic Church in Ukraine, but I have no expectation that they will be able to respond to me, especially given the current situation in the country.

I'll let you know here if I have more information!

BarbOslo wrote:
Hi Samir,
News! I got access to something more in the parish Dorofijowka. This gave 2 new generations of Szymański . I corrected errors. I also found Anisia's elder brother, Nicolaus (Mikołaj), born in 1893.

5 generations of Szymański:
Michał Szymański and Tekla nee Bryła
Ignacy Szymański and Maria nee Dobosz
Piotr Szymański and Maria nee Przysiężniuk
Andrzej Szymański and Anna nee Melnyk
Anisia Szymańska

Regards,
-Barb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: