PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:28 pm      Post subject: ZMIJEWO KOSCIELNE

http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/
Has any if you use this website too research? To make a long story short I was preferred to this site by some one that looked up my grandmother. This site is in polish, however, they sent me instructions on how to use it in English. I was able to locate my grandmother and by clicking on a box they hooked me up with the contact and Poland. It turns out this individual has the same last name as my grandfather and was born in the same area. He told me he found her certificate's in the MLAWA of the archives. I will try to send another e-mail with instructions in English for any one might want to use this site. Good luck! Carol
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 am      Post subject: Re: ZMIJEWO KOSCIELNE

Yes, the site is in Polish and Google Translate doesn't work there because of this database construction. That would be great if you sent the instruction Exclamation

I have experience that Mlawa Archives are good at e-mail communication, however I don't know how they will react (and if they react at all) to e-mail in English. But I don't have to add that I am sure it is worth trying Wink.

There were four Żmijewo in 19th century in Poland. Are you sure Carol that "your" Zmijewo is the one which belonged to Żmijewo Kościelne parish? The other Żmijewo were located: nearby Ciechanów, Zielona parish; nearby Ostrołęka, parish Piski; nearby Brodnica, Żmijewo parish.
Send e-mail
carolt71

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:35 am      Post subject: ZMIJEWO KOC

Here are the instructions-1) Click on the province you want. In your case mazowieckie because Plock is there.

2) Where it says Księga go to the pull down menu and enter B,D,S (birth,death,marriage)

3) Where it says Nazwisko enter the name you are investigating.

4) Where it says pozycji na stronie open the pull down menu and set it at 50.

5) Then press the search button = Wyszukaj.

6) od roku – means from year

7) do roku – means to year (I don’t enter anything here)

If you click: a small box where it says do it will give you a contact. Carol
Send e-mail
carolt71

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:28 pm      Post subject: ZMIJEWO

I was wondering whether or not anyone would be interested in seeing the document that someone located for me. I'm not exactly sure what the document is. However, my contact in for me it was in Russian and I should try and find my grandmother's name. I did place her name in google language tools to translate from polish to Russian. I got a translation for the last name so was able to locate her. I was told this town was under Russian controL. Does anyone know the name of the church in this town? I located on the Internet and then lost it. I was very disappointed. I was able to see they do have information. Carol
Send e-mail
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:07 am      Post subject:

Carol,

If you have the record saved in file just upload it here to show us.

Short instruction of uploading picture/scan files can be found here: http://polishorigins.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=373#373
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: