PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:33 pm      Post subject:

Our Polish Origins family has lost a treasured friend. May you fly with the angels dear friend Jozef!
alexho
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 67

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:43 am      Post subject:

R.I.P. Jozef we will all deeply miss you.
Slav
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:19 am      Post subject: Jozef passed away

Magroski49 wrote:
I have just read in Genealodzy page on Facebook that Jozef passed away this afternoon, at 4:10 pm in Wloclawek.http://www.facebook.com/groups/170731399628806/
Jozef helped me many members of this forum to have their documents translated from russian into polish/english.
Please, include him in your prayers.
Gilberto Magroski

Hard to believe! He was posting translations here just a few days ago.... Sad
Jozef was such a generous and selfless man. He will surely live on in the hearts of people he has helped, including many members of our Forum.

[*] [*] [*] May He rest in Eternal Peace [*] [*] [*]
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 am      Post subject:

Magroski49 wrote:
I have just read in Genealodzy page on Facebook that Jozef passed away this afternoon, at 4:10 pm in Wloclawek.http://www.facebook.com/groups/170731399628806/
Jozef helped me many members of this forum to have their documents translated from russian into polish/english.
Please, include him in your prayers.
Gilberto Magroski

What sad news! Rest in peace, Jozef, we'll miss you…
Helli
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 289

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:46 pm      Post subject:

I'm so sorry to hear that Jozef past away. He was truly a big help to many of us and will surely be missed, not just for his translations, but also for his helpfulness.
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:56 am      Post subject:

Jozef first contacted me a few years ago when he discovered that he may be related to one of our first members, James. Some time after this discovery we met with Jozef in Wloclawek together with James. Then we already proved that Jozef and James were 3rd cousins. You can read and see a few pictures from the day here: http://blog.polishorigins.com/2009/05/21/my-second-visit-to-poland-forefathers-traces-tour-with-james-day-7/

Jozef was open, calm man, full of willingness to help James in discovering his family history as well as his home town, Wloclawek. Anyone who at least once visited this thread 'Russian records translation' doesn't have to be convinced how generous in sharing his skills Jozef was. He, next to Richard, helped to discover hundreds (if not thousands) ancestors doing translation from the old Cyrillic which is often hard to understand by native Russians. His last translation was posted here only 4 days before his death and just a day before All Saint's Day...

After the meeting with Wloclawek I met with Jozef a few times on Polish Genealogical Society meetings and we had been in constant touch via email. I knew about his illness but he seemed to gradually overcame it. We were suppose to meet in October as he was visiting family in Warsaw but I was on the road and we postponed the meeting for November...

I want to thank you all of you who appreciated his help when he was alive by sending him thank you notes and donations. He was doing this completely voluntarily but he appreciated it as a special recognition of his efforts.

As Shellie wrote, our PolishOrigins family has lost a treasured friend.

Spoczywaj w pokoju Józef! Rest in Peace Jozef! [*]

jozef.jpg
 Description:
Jozef (on the right) with newly found cousin James in 2009
 Filesize:  74.07 KB
 Viewed:  4735 Time(s)

jozef.jpg

Send e-mail
James
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 226

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:22 pm      Post subject: Research in Poland

I just read about my cousin Jozef passing away. Crying or Very sad
What a joy it was to have met Jozef. He indeed was a gracious man, and I already miss him a great deal. I was so looking forward to being with him again, on my next visit to Poland.
What a thrill it was when I received his first email, in 2008, stating that we were related. He sent me his family tree, showing where our families united. Prior to my visit to Poland in 2009, I had emailed Jozef and told him that I was going to be in our home town of Wloclawek, and would he like to meet? He gave me his phone number, and said that he was looking forward to our meeting. Though I was only with him for a day, it has been a wonderful memory for me. He showed me the site where the family house had been, which was now a vacant lot along the Vistula river, and shared with me all of the information that he knew about my family. We really worked Zenon hard translating for us, that day we spent together in Wloclawek. Wink
We kept in touch via email throughout the past years, him asking me to search for some info for him, here in the USA, or sending me new info he had found about my family, or I would question him about different things in Poland, and Wloclawek . We both needed to use a translation link, as he spoke no English and I no Polish. That made it much easier on both of us, to be able to translate it right away.
It was through that meeting in Wloclawek , in 2009, that Zenon and I encouraged Jozef to join PolishOrigins, and when he did, he was a great asset in helping others with his translations.

I miss you Jozef, but I know that you are in a much better place, no more pain,and I look forward to us meeting again.
bronklimach1

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:08 pm      Post subject:

I had not looked here for some time until very recently, and was AMAZED by the number of fantastic translations Jozef had posted. Well done James and Zenon for "encouraging Jozef to join Polish Origins".
Although I had no direct contact with Jozef I was shocked by news of his death. James, I am so pleased you met up and were able to share family information. I was however rather surprised by one thing you wrote, namely that Jozef spoke NO English - I had no idea from all of his replies!
Jozef's memory will indeed live on, and I know I will be revisiting the work he has posted.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: