PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:45 pm      Post subject:

Hi Arlene,

What have you noticed and what are you looking for Question Maybe we will be able to help you. (You can also send me private message with your question).

Thanks for your kind words on behalf of all PolishOrigins.com members Smile .
Send e-mail
andycw

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:45 pm      Post subject: Waksmundzki

Arlene, my name is Andrew Waksmundzki. I live in Jackson NJ in the US and I'm nearly 54. My Dad's name is George who is 86 and still alive in an assisted living facility here in Jackson. My Mom Josephine passed away 3 years ago. My Grandmother's name was Rose. I was ready through the chain and almost fell off my chair. My Grandmother moved from the Wilksbarre Pennsylvania area. My Grandfather who I never met was a coal miner who died of blacklung. I have on my desk my Uncle Stanley's Purple Heart Medal he was awarded when he was killed in WWII. My Uncle John, Frank, Aunt Ann and Sally have all passed. My dad and his sister Helen, who is a Bernadine nun, took the name Sister Roseangela 83 (after her Mother Rose) and are the only 2 remaning survivors. I don't know who Sebasian is.

Please keep in touch.

Thanks,
Andy
Arlene Vic

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:58 am      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

andycw wrote:
Arlene, my name is Andrew Waksmundzki. I live in Jackson NJ in the US and I'm nearly 54. My Dad's name is George who is 86 and still alive in an assisted living facility here in Jackson. My Mom Josephine passed away 3 years ago. My Grandmother's name was Rose. I was ready through the chain and almost fell off my chair. My Grandmother moved from the Wilksbarre Pennsylvania area. My Grandfather who I never met was a coal miner who died of blacklung. I have on my desk my Uncle Stanley's Purple Heart Medal he was awarded when he was killed in WWII. My Uncle John, Frank, Aunt Ann and Sally have all passed. My dad and his sister Helen, who is a Bernadine nun, took the name Sister Roseangela 83 (after her Mother Rose) and are the only 2 remaning survivors. I don't know who Sebasian is.

Please keep in touch.

Thanks,
Andy

Wow, I am very surprised to hear from you.
My Great Great Grandfather's name is Stanley too.
My Great Grandfather's name is Sebastian
My Greandfather's name is Andrew.

How come name are same as my ancestors.

We might be relates. I am not sure about this.

All Waksmundzki are living in Illinois too.
Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:57 am      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

andycw wrote:

Please keep in touch.

Thanks,
Andy

Hello Andrew,
I came across a church marriage record for Adalbert Waksmunski from Waksmund, Galicia (son of Bartholomiej Waksmunski) getting married to Catharina Cyrus from Waksmund (daughter of Nicolai Cyrus) on 23 Jan 1910 in Chicago. I also found an application for a marriage licence for a Chester Nick Waksmunski (son of George Waksmunski and Catharine, nee Cywrus) and Theresa Less (daughter of Martin Less and Mary, nee Lewandowski). Bride and groom were 18 ys old at the time (born 1929), Chester Nick Waksmunski's occupation was trackman, his father's occupation was coal miner, their residence was at 2650, Brereton St., Pittsburgh, PA. I wonder if Adalbert Waksmunski and Catherine Cyrus who got married in Chicago in 1910 are Chester Nick Waksmunski's parents (Adalbert Waksmunski may have changed his first name to George; the last name Cyrus resp. Cywrus in the records is most likely CYRWUS). If you are related to this family and would like to have the records, pls. let me know and I'll post them or mail them to you.
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:00 pm      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

Ute wrote:
andycw wrote:

Please keep in touch.

Thanks,
Andy

Hello Andrew,
I came across a church marriage record for Adalbert Waksmunski from Waksmund, Galicia (son of Bartholomiej Waksmunski) getting married to Catharina Cyrus from Waksmund (daughter of Nicolai Cyrus) on 23 Jan 1910 in Chicago. I also found an application for a marriage licence for a Chester Nick Waksmunski (son of George Waksmunski and Catharine, nee Cywrus) and Theresa Less (daughter of Martin Less and Mary, nee Lewandowski). Bride and groom were 18 ys old at the time (born 1929), Chester Nick Waksmunski's occupation was trackman, his father's occupation was coal miner, their residence was at 2650, Brereton St., Pittsburgh, PA. I wonder if Adalbert Waksmunski and Catherine Cyrus who got married in Chicago in 1910 are Chester Nick Waksmunski's parents (Adalbert Waksmunski may have changed his first name to George; the last name Cyrus resp. Cywrus in the records is most likely CYRWUS). If you are related to this family and would like to have the records, pls. let me know and I'll post them or mail them to you.

Hi I am wondering if these people are my relatives. I still can't find all relatives of Andrew Waksmundzki and Karolina Garbacz Waksmundzki. Like you said they may have changes their last names before coming to U.S.A. No wonder.
Thanks for more informations.
Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:27 pm      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

Arlene Vic wrote:

Hi I am wondering if these people are my relatives. I still can't find all relatives of Andrew Waksmundzki and Karolina Garbacz Waksmundzki. Like you said they may have changes their last names before coming to U.S.A. No wonder.

Arlene, do you have the marriage licence for Andrew Waksmundzki and Karolina Garbacz? I'm attaching it for you as well as the birth record for one of their children, Anna Karolina. Anna Karolina is misspelled Waksmunki and Andrew is misspelled Wagsmucki ... Those misspellings, no wonder you don't find all of them.

Waksmunski, Anna Karolina birth record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  420.83 KB
 Viewed:  13492 Time(s)

Waksmunski, Anna Karolina birth record.jpg

Waksmundski, Andrzej marriage licence.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  403.43 KB

Waksmundski, Andrzej marriage licence.jpg

Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:40 pm      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

Ute wrote:
Arlene Vic wrote:

Arlene, do you have the marriage licence for Andrew Waksmundzki and Karolina Garbacz? I'm attaching it for you as well as the birth record for one of their children, Anna Karolina. Anna Karolina is misspelled Waksmunki and Andrew is misspelled Wagsmucki ... Those misspellings, no wonder you don't find all of them.

Yes, that is my grandparents who had daughter Anna who is oldest one. Later one grandparents had another child Harry and few years later they had another child Leo. Leo is my dad born in 1918. Very interesting. I never got my aunt's birth certifucate. Now I got one. Thanks.

I think I have my Grandfather's marriage licence few year ago.
Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:53 am      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

Arlene,
Are you related to or do you know a Bernice Waksmundski who lived at 2058, N California Ave, Chicago in 1943? Her name is given as witness in one of my relatives' (Jozef Bryjak's) naturalization in 1943, together with Joseph Truty who lived 2048, California Ave, Chicago at the time. I'm attaching the record for you.

BRYJAK, Jozef b Dec 1893 naturalization 1943.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  58.28 KB

BRYJAK, Jozef b Dec 1893 naturalization 1943.jpg

Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:36 pm      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

Ute wrote:
Arlene,
Are you related to or do you know a Bernice Waksmundski who lived at 2058, N California Ave, Chicago in 1943? Her name is given as witness in one of my relatives' (Jozef Bryjak's) naturalization in 1943, together with Joseph Truty who lived 2048, California Ave, Chicago at the time. I'm attaching the record for you.

Hi Ute,
What a surprised? Yes I do know Bernice Waksmundzki and she is married to my Uncle Harry Waksmundzki. Uncle Harry is my Father's older brother. Dad have older sister Anna who married Walter Parzygnat.

Back then my Uncle Harry and Auntie Bernice used to lived on California Street and I am not sure if this is Tavern building or apartment building. I do know Joseph Truty too. He used to lives on Augusta & Elston Ave. I heard that my mother's older sister Angela Parzygnat who married one of Joseph's relative with last name Truty.

Truty Famies are close friend with Waksmundzki and Parzygnat and Kroll and Garbacz in old neighborhoods on Racine Ave. and Milwaukee Ave. My Grandfather Andrew Waksmundzki and Grandma Karolina Garbacz Waksmundzi had tavern and everybody visited Tavern which was popular place back then. I do not know your relative Josef.
What A Small World? I know Jospeh Truty is buried at St. Adabert Cemetry in NIles, IL.
Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:20 am      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

Arlene Vic wrote:
Ute wrote:
Arlene,

Hi Ute,
What a surprised? Yes I do know Bernice Waksmundzki and she is married to my Uncle Harry Waksmundzki. Uncle Harry is my Father's older brother. Dad have older sister Anna who married Walter Parzygnat.

Back then my Uncle Harry and Auntie Bernice used to lived on California Street and I am not sure if this is Tavern building or apartment building. I do know Joseph Truty too. He used to lives on Augusta & Elston Ave. I heard that my mother's older sister Angela Parzygnat who married one of Joseph's relative with last name Truty.

Truty Famies are close friend with Waksmundzki and Parzygnat and Kroll and Garbacz in old neighborhoods on Racine Ave. and Milwaukee Ave. My Grandfather Andrew Waksmundzki and Grandma Karolina Garbacz Waksmundzi had tavern and everybody visited Tavern which was popular place back then. I do not know your relative Josef.
What A Small World? I know Jospeh Truty is buried at St. Adabert Cemetry in NIles, IL.

Arlene,
That's really a surprise! Thanks for the information! It's interesting to learn how the families are connected. Our relatives probably had some drinks together at the tavern.
My relative Jozef 'Joe' Bryjak was my grandfather's cousin [my grandfather's mother and Jozef's father were siblings]. He was the son of Andrzej Bryjak and Anna Kowalkowska, born December 08, 1893 in Dlugopole. He married Angeline Kwak from Wroblowka in 1914 at St. John Cantius Church, Chicago. On 27 Apr 1942 when he registered for WWII their residence was 4514, W Homer Street. He worked for W.F. Holl Printing Company, 4600 Diversey Ave., Chicago at the time.
Angeline died in June 1965, Jozef in March 1971, they are both buried at St. Adalbert Cemetery too. I have Jozef obituary, maybe their children's names are familiar to you, they are given in the obituary: "Joseph Bryjak, beloved husband of the late Angeline; dear father of Helen [Walter] Orzechowski, Adeline [Ray] Schneeberger, Bernice [James] Swanson, Joseph [Jeanette], Edward [Mary] and the late Lillian Werderitch and Wanda; ..."
Source: Chicago Tribune, Historical Archive, Record Number: 19710328dn025.
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:39 am      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

Arlene Vic wrote:
Ute wrote:
Arlene,

Hi Ute,

Arlene,
While researching my Bryjak ancestors from Dlugopole, I came across a Wiktorya Bryjak who married Andrzej (Andrew) Truty. They married in Oct 1909 in Chicago and lived at 842, N Carpenter when their first child, Bernice [Bertha] Truty, was born in Feb 1915. Andrew Truty and Victoria Bryjak were born abt. 1889 in Dlugopole, Victoria's father's name was Jozef Bryjak, like my great-grandmother's father, but she had a different mother, Anna Bielak. Andrew Truty's parents were Jan Truty and Cecilie Kulach.
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:12 pm      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

Ute wrote:
Arlene Vic wrote:
Ute wrote:
Arlene,

Hi Ute,

Arlene,
While researching my Bryjak ancestors from Dlugopole, I came across a Wiktorya Bryjak who married Andrzej (Andrew) Truty. They married in Oct 1909 in Chicago and lived at 842, N Carpenter when their first child, Bernice [Bertha] Truty, was born in Feb 1915. Andrew Truty and Victoria Bryjak were born abt. 1889 in Dlugopole, Victoria's father's name was Jozef Bryjak, like my great-grandmother's father, but she had a different mother, Anna Bielak. Andrew Truty's parents were Jan Truty and Cecilie Kulach.

Hi Ute,

Wow, this is very interesting news.
I can’t believe it again. Angela Kwak is very good friends of my mother Antoinette, Aunt Helen and Auntie Pauline. Angela and her husband always visited my Aunt Pauline almost every other weeks. I do not know if we are talking about same person. I never met her children. We used to lived on 911 N. Willard Court, Chicago, IL. Angela is very lovely woman and old fashion Polish lady. I enjoy her friendship. She always have nice words about everybody. She is kinda short and little heavy. Her husband is pretty average size. They are partying couples and enjoy good times.

Pauline (Parzygnat) Kulach who married Jan Kulach
Helen (Parzygnat) Czub who married Michael Czub
Antoinette (Parzygnat) Waksmundzki - My mother who married Leo Waksmundzki
Angela (Parzygnat) Truty lived in Poland

I know Angela Kwak and her husband visiting Poland all the time and might have visiting my Aunt Angela Truty in near Cracow, Poland.

Ute, I think your relatives may know my relatives too.
Send e-mail
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 pm      Post subject: Re: Waksmundzki

Arlene Vic wrote:
Ute wrote:
Arlene Vic wrote:
Ute wrote:
Arlene,

Hi Ute,

Arlene,

Hi Ute,

Wow, this is very interesting news.
I can’t believe it again. Angela Kwak is very good friends of my mother Antoinette, Aunt Helen and Auntie Pauline. Angela and her husband always visited my Aunt Pauline almost every other weeks. I do not know if we are talking about same person. I never met her children. We used to lived on 911 N. Willard Court, Chicago, IL. Angela is very lovely woman and old fashion Polish lady. I enjoy her friendship. She always have nice words about everybody. She is kinda short and little heavy. Her husband is pretty average size. They are partying couples and enjoy good times.

Pauline (Parzygnat) Kulach who married Jan Kulach
Helen (Parzygnat) Czub who married Michael Czub
Antoinette (Parzygnat) Waksmundzki - My mother who married Leo Waksmundzki
Angela (Parzygnat) Truty lived in Poland

I know Angela Kwak and her husband visiting Poland all the time and might have visiting my Aunt Angela Truty in near Cracow, Poland.

Ute, I think your relatives may know my relatives too.

I forgot to tell you and all Polish Origins members about Truty Families.

There is Mary & her husband ?? Truty used to owned Tavern near my Grandparents. They lived in 900 N. Racine Ave. & Milwaukee Ave. right in corner. My Grandparents’ Tavern was in middle of block and their tavern is 956 N. Racine Ave.

Mary Truty is very close friend of my mother, Aunt Helen and Aunt Pauline. Mary always visited my Aunt Pauline all the time. Her husband passed away when she was pretty young. I was very young and have see same people all the times. Mary was nice lady and her children is also my good friends too. Her children is lot older than me. I was born in 1946. They already were married and their children were getting married. My parents and my brother & sister were invited their Wedding. After my parents passed away Mary’s children was concerned about me and wonder if I am taking care of myself. Her 3 children have passed away in 1990’s. Only one daughter is still living and she & her husband is around 80 something’s.

There are so many Truty I only can remember their faces and know their children too. They live in different areas.

And also I do know Angela Kwak who used to lived on 5600 S. Karlov St., Chicago, IL. I am not sure if we are talkin about same person.

I hope this will help you all.
Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:09 am      Post subject:

Arlene,
Thank you for all the information you provided about how the families are connected. I don't know if you have seen the index of emigrants from the village Dlugopole (not far from Waksmund) that I put together last year:
http://polishorigins.com/public/resources/dlugopole_emigrants.html
You'll see that some Trutys were from Dlugopole, like my grandfather's maternal ancestors, also a Leona or Leonora Kwak, who indicated in the passenger record that she was going to join her cousin Maria Kwak at Sangamon Street, Chicago in 1907.
I'm sure the information you provided will be helpful in my future research.
Arlene Vic

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:21 am      Post subject:

Very Happy

I just remember I forgot to mentioned about my 3rd cousin. My Grandmother Victoria Kroll's sister Anna who married Mr. Harbut. They have 7 or more children. Daughter Rose married to Mr. Kulach. They have 4 or 5 children. Mother died giving birth to last children Rose. Rose grew up without her mother. Rose Kulach married Walter Truty in Poland and they moved to Chicago, IL. in 1966 or 1967. They still lived in Northwest side of Chicago, near O'Hare Airport.

I still keep in touch with them all the time. They are close to my age.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Page 2 of 3

Jump to: