PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:03 am      Post subject: Re: Cybulski Family

Hi Zenon, Thank you for replying so quickly! I have been reading more on this site and discovered a further link.. my Great grandfather was born in Talikroedy Brody Galicia. He was not a Cybulski, though. siostra
Zenon
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:16 am      Post subject:

Talikroedy..? I have never heard of such place or name...

There are many Brodys in today's Poland as well as in Ukraine (then Galicia).
Send e-mail
siostra

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:24 am      Post subject:

Hi Zenon, My Aunt gave me that information . I think she was reading from his immigration papers. I could never find Talikroedy on a map either. I think it was a street name or something (perhaps misspelled) in Brody, Galicia. The Papers stated that he was a citizen of Poland. siostra
Zenon

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:35 am      Post subject:

Do you have access to this immigration papers? If you showed them us here (by uploading scans) maybe we would be able help you together in locating this place.
Send e-mail
siostra

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:47 am      Post subject: Papers

Hi Zenon, Sorry. No. They are in possession of my Aunt. Wish I did. I will be calling her later on today. She has been looking for more information for me. Could you tell me if the name 'Gera', is Polish or Ukrainian? Was there more than one ' Brody', in Galicia? siostra
Zenon

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:45 am      Post subject: Re: Papers

siostra wrote:
Could you tell me if the name 'Gera', is Polish or Ukrainian?

I can only take a guess that it is a form from Gertruda given name. In this case it may be Polish as well as Ukrainian.

siostra wrote:
Was there more than one ' Brody', in Galicia? siostra

I have found only one village on the territory of old Galicia, nearby Wadowice (beside the one in today's Ukraine, much bigger). Click here for map: http://tr.im/kJzU .
Send e-mail
siostra

Post Posted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:05 pm      Post subject:

Hi Zenon, Thank you for your helpful information. I am enjoying the journey through the maps. Definitely a place I would like to see. Gera was my Great great grandmothers' name. Her first name was Ann. Both she and my Great great grandfather, Antoine Czapla ( clan leader),were slaugthered during some sort of uprising, leaving my Great grandfather, Henry (born in Brody) an orphan, ( though a young man at the time) on the run, seeking shelter with family and friends until he was put on a merchant ship. Whoever killed his parents also had his name on the list, for the same end. So he had to use a different name several times before he was able to get out Poland. So my Aunt has told me. This thing about the clan leadership was apparently hereditary passed on to the firstborn of the generations, if that helps. Henry and my grandfather were firstborn sons. I am hoping that there are still surviving members of the family that remember those events. My Aunt is elderly now and sure would like to know more about our families history. As always, siostra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: