PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:37 pm      Post subject: Looking for Living Family-Gorno,Ruda,Lawki,Laczki Brzeski

A Little background. Long story short: My grandparents both died very young (29 and 57) and they lost everything they owned to a fire in 1940. After my grandmother died, my grandfather gave up his 4 children to the state in order to find them decent homes to live. 2 went to the County Home and the two youngest went into foster care. Needless to say I did not grow up with grandparents, nor any Polish heritage, other than the few things my father knew up to the age of 4. That was how old he was when my grandmother died at 29 yrs old.
Fast Forward 21 years:
My 2nd great Aunt Rosalia (Kiljan) Trewasky, immigrated to the US to Holyoke in about 1913 (I don't remember the exact date off the top of my head). In 1933 she met and married Jozef Trewasky and moved to Hartford CT. There they owned Buick Lunch and what looks to be a couple of other restaurants. Jozef died before my Aunt. So when she died in 1961, having no children of their own, she left her entire estate ($20,000) to her heirs in Poland. All nieces and nephews, a great niece and the Catholic Church of Rudzie. Unfortunately at the time, they wouldn't allow Poland heirs to receive estate allowances, so her heirs, with the help of a few lawyers took them to court. It reached the Supreme Court and after 3 yrs of fighting and finding all of her heirs, they were awarded the remaining balance of the estate ( a little over $15,000). Luckily for me All of those heirs were listed in the court records. I cried this day. After 30+ years of looking for my family, I had a huge lead. Of course with Polish privacy laws this is making it difficult to find them. I am asking anyone and everyone to help me find my family. I love my Polish heritage and would love to eventually visit Poland and meet my family I never had the chance to know.
I am looking for descendants of the following family members: (Last know location and year of residence after name and spouse, if known)

Descendants of my Great Grandfather Antoni Kiljan
(born Ruda, Radomysl Wielki 1879),
m. Katarzyna Kida in 1908 Holyoke MA -
Last known residence 1908-1912 Holyoke, MA USA & in 1940 "Back in Galicia".

Walerya Kiljan born 1912 USA, m. Jakubik Poland - Res in 1961 Ruda, Radomysl Wielki
Adela Kiljan born >1912 Poland m. Rys - Res in 1961 Ruda, Radomysl Wielki
Stanlislaw Kiljanborn >1912 Poland - Res in 1961 Ruda, Radomysl Wielki
Stefania Kiljan born >1912 Poland - Res in 1961 Zaborze, Kolbuszowa O.P Gorno

Descendants of my 2nd Great Uncle Jozef Kiljan
(born Ruda, Radomysl Wielki 1877)
m. Julianna Szepol/Czepial?
Last known residence 1904 (His death) - Ruda, Radomysl Wielki

Piotr Kiljan b. Betw. 1891 & 1904 Poland - Res Sept 21 1962 in Lawki, Wilzceta, Paslek, Olsztyn
Wladyslaw Kiljan b. Betw. 1891 & 1904 Poland - Res Sept 21 1962 in Lawki, Wilzceta, Paslek, Olsztyn
Jan Kiljan b. Betw. 1891 & 1904 Poland - Res 1961 in Laczki Brzeskie, Przeclaw, Mielec
Stanislaw Kiljan b. Betw. 1891 & 1904 Poland- Res in 1961 Ruda, Radomysl Wielki
Marya Kiljan b. Betw. 1891 & 1904 Poland - m. Grzych/Grzech Res in 1961 Ruda, Radomysl Wielki
Jadwiga Kiljan b. Betw. 1891 & 1904 Poland - m. Grzyb - Res in 1961 Ruda, Radomysl Wielki

Descendants of my 2nd Great Aunt Katarzyna Kiljan
(Born Ruda, Radomysl Wielki 1871)
m. Jan Piekara (from Biesow) in Ruda on 11-27-1895

Aniela Piekara b >1895 - Res. 5-8-1963 at 123 Rte d'Elesmes, Maubeuge-Nord, France

If anyone has any information Please, please contact me at [email protected]

Antoni, Katarzyna, Rosalia and Jozef's parents:
Stanislaw Kiljan s/o Jakub Kiljan and Marianna Krawiec
& Agata Hajdor d/o Stanislaw Hajdor and Katarzyna Wilk

Siblings: Marianna, Ewa Rosalia, August, Julianna, Jakub, Maria and Wawrzyniec all died at age 5 yrs or younger.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: