PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:58 pm      Post subject: Anna Christine Schrank from Barciner Vorwerk (Folwark)

Searching for Anna Christine Schrank’s birth record. Where is Barciner Vorwerk?

Here’s the link to her marriage to Johan Rosenthal. https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/6/402/0/-/16/skan/save/Su8S7cWYQhsW10WjWwzrvA
Number 48.

Johan Rosenthal, age 33yrs and 6 months
Anna Christine Schrank, age 16yrs and 3 months were married on 17 June 1834 in Barcin,
(Łabiszyn, pow. Szubin), Poland.
Based on the record Johan Rosenthal was born in Knieja.
Anna Christie Schrank was from Barciner Vorwerk (Folwark). She was born in early 1818. I am unable to find her birth record even going 20 years before her birth and 20 years after her birth. I could not find it.
Barciner Vorwerk is rarely seen recorded on birth, death and marriage records. Same for surname Schrank.

Yesterday I found Andreas Schrank’s death certificate. It showed he died on 28 November 1835 and was from Barciner Vorwerk. He was 60 years old. Eva Krahn was his wife.
I am hoping this Andreas is a father to Anna Christine Schrank.

Here’s the link to Andreas’s death record. https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/6/402/0/-/21/skan/save/7kqsnGWPI7GpUzjQISuB1Q

Anyone have any information on Barciner Vorwerk (Folwark)? Where would anyone who was born there have their birth recorded?

Johan Rosenthal and Anna Christine Schrank are my 4th great grandparents.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rhonda

D8CA1531-4D6C-4027-BB25-92EE93129BD4.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  533.14 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

D8CA1531-4D6C-4027-BB25-92EE93129BD4.jpeg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:51 am      Post subject: Re: Anna Christine Schrank from Barciner Vorwerk (Folwark)

Rellenbecker wrote:
Searching for Anna Christine Schrank’s birth record. Where is Barciner Vorwerk?

Here’s the link to her marriage to Johan Rosenthal. https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/6/402/0/-/16/skan/save/Su8S7cWYQhsW10WjWwzrvA
Number 48.

Johan Rosenthal, age 33yrs and 6 months
Anna Christine Schrank, age 16yrs and 3 months were married on 17 June 1834 in Barcin,
(Łabiszyn, pow. Szubin), Poland.
Based on the record Johan Rosenthal was born in Knieja.
Anna Christie Schrank was from Barciner Vorwerk (Folwark). She was born in early 1818. I am unable to find her birth record even going 20 years before her birth and 20 years after her birth. I could not find it.
Barciner Vorwerk is rarely seen recorded on birth, death and marriage records. Same for surname Schrank.

Yesterday I found Andreas Schrank’s death certificate. It showed he died on 28 November 1835 and was from Barciner Vorwerk. He was 60 years old. Eva Krahn was his wife.
I am hoping this Andreas is a father to Anna Christine Schrank.

Here’s the link to Andreas’s death record. https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/6/402/0/-/21/skan/save/7kqsnGWPI7GpUzjQISuB1Q

Anyone have any information on Barciner Vorwerk (Folwark)? Where would anyone who was born there have their birth recorded?

Johan Rosenthal and Anna Christine Schrank are my 4th great grandparents.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rhonda

Hello Rhonda,

Where is Barciner Vorwerk? A Vorwerk can be compared with an estate. So Barciner Vorwerk was an estate of Barcin, located around 4 kilometers north of Barcin. In 1833 Barciner Vorwerk had 14 Feuerstellen (fire places or households) and a population of 157, 4 of them of Protestant religion, the others of Catholic religion. The Protestant parish was Labischin, Barcin was the Catholic parish.

You will find Protestant entries in Catholic church books well into the 1830ies, so it might be an idea to check the Catholic church books of Barcin. There is a but – the entries you mentioned only inform about the place of residence, which was not necessarily the place of birth and the Schrank family might have moved to Barcin from somewhere else.

Best regards,
Michael
Rellenbecker

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:24 am      Post subject: Anna Christine Schrank’s parents

Thank you very much for the information. I will check out Barcin Catholic Church Records. Where can I find more information on Barciner Vorwerk? Is it possible Anna Christie Schrank’s parents were employed at the “manor estate” or “manor farm”?

Have a good day.

Best,

Rhonda

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: