PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 19

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:12 am      Post subject: Phone book Warszaw ~1960

Hi there,

I discovered that a grand aunt of mine lived and died in Warszaw, in years 1960 (she died in 1964).
I would be very glad to learn more about her, especialy the adress where she lived. Unfortunately, I can't find phone book online. Do somebody knows someone who have such an old phone book (~ 1960-1964) and could help me?

Thank you very much Smile
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:18 am      Post subject: Re: Phone book Warszaw ~1960

Gajewski wrote:
Hi there,

I discovered that a grand aunt of mine lived and died in Warszaw, in years 1960 (she died in 1964).
I would be very glad to learn more about her, especialy the adress where she lived. Unfortunately, I can't find phone book online. Do somebody knows someone who have such an old phone book (~ 1960-1964) and could help me?

Thank you very much Smile

How do you know when your aunt died? Where is she buried? What was her name?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Gajewski

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:17 am      Post subject:

Her name was Anna Karnkowska. She died in 1964 and she is burried in the Powazki Cemetery in Warsaw. Alas, I don't know more things about the end of her life; I thought it would be a good start to discover her last adress.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:36 am      Post subject:

Gajewski wrote:
Her name was Anna Karnkowska. She died in 1964 and she is burried in the Powazki Cemetery in Warsaw. Alas, I don't know more things about the end of her life; I thought it would be a good start to discover her last adress.

I have found her grave but there are no pictures online. Only information about the place where the grave is situated.

if you were a direct descendant, you could ask for a death certificate and other data in the Registry Office.
I can try to ask for it.
Can you prove with documents that you are related to your aunt? Such evidence will be required.
We can leave a message on the grave too or ask the cemetery manager to contact with the grave owner.

Gajewski

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 am      Post subject:

To ask the cemetery manager to contact with the grave owner is a good idea, indeed. But I don't know how to contact the manager (I did not find any link on internet to send him a message).
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:16 am      Post subject:

Gajewski wrote:
To ask the cemetery manager to contact with the grave owner is a good idea, indeed. But I don't know how to contact the manager (I did not find any link on internet to send him a message).

i can do it. Please write me a private message

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:38 am      Post subject:

I have called the Powązki Cemetery manager and i was told that they dont have any personal data of the people who care about the graves because Powązki is the only cemetery in Poland that doesnt take any fee for the plot on the cemetery.
They dont have any personal documents of the deceased people.
So we have two ways: leave the message on the grave and call Registry Office.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: