PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 95

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:26 am      Post subject: Latin certificate Marianna Przybylska, Michael Witkowiak

I have found someone with this baptismal certificate. I hope info here proves this lady is or isnt from my family. She claims to be daughter of my GGGF. If someone can please tell me what this says, I would be much grateful.

Sadie's Baptism Certificate.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Sadie's Baptism Certificate.pdf
 Filesize:  44.25 KB
 Downloaded:  537 Time(s)

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 am      Post subject:

I can' t read the name of the child being baptized, but he (or she) was born on July 18, 1891 and parents were Michal Witkowiak, from Wynyslowo, Posen, Polonia and Maryanna Przybylska, from Wyrobski, Posen. The child was baptized on July 19, 1891. This certificate was issued on January 276, 1926, at St. Albert Roman Catholic Church, in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, PA.
Send e-mail
stacey

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:14 pm      Post subject:

do you think the childs name is prakseda?
Magroski49

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:52 pm      Post subject:

Yes, it looks like. The first letter is a P (compare with Posen, Polonia, Przybylska).
Send e-mail
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:32 pm      Post subject:

stacey wrote:
do you think the childs name is prakseda?

Stacey, it's indeed Prakseda. Unusual name, I've never heard it before, but it's listed in the List of Common Polish First Names: http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~polwgw/namelist.html#P
Ute
stacey

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:09 am      Post subject:

I wander what the english name of that is. Cause I just found this out and I have been looking up sadie and it always gave me sarah. LOL. thank you
Magroski49

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:14 pm      Post subject:

Prakseda = Praxeda (from Praxedes, greek)
Send e-mail
stacey

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:53 am      Post subject: Marianna przybylska & michael witkowiak Info help

I can find nothing on the computer about these people. I have found a marriage in Pittsburgh July 2 1888 and a child Prakseda Witkowska born july 18 1891. By 1908 the child is seeking gaurdianship for herself stating both parents are dead. She stated on court papers that her parents are michael (b. aug. 28, 1861) and mary (b. dec. 18 1864) witkowska. I am very confused with this information. I know that Prakseda was Called Sadie. ANY help would be appreciated. My GGGF had ultimately got gaurdianship of her. I also know that they fibbed about her age so that she could get married it says on the consent form her b-day is july 12 1888. So if any one can add info this is ALL I have.
Stacey

ps another thing when i look at the paper work maryanna's name looks like in one place that it is PRZYBYLSKA on another it looks like PSZYBYLSKA??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: