PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:09 am      Post subject:

Hi, Matt.

I found Jakub's death record!
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=3&zs=1562d&sy=1904&kt=5&plik=3508-3513.jpg
#3509.

3509. Łódź. It happened in the city Łódź on 5th /18th/ of November in 1904 at 5 p.m. Appeared Szczepan Szczubak, day laborer, and Aleksander Krygier, locksmith, of age, from Łódź, and declared that on 2nd /14th/* of November this year at 11 a.m. died Jakób Kutner, carpenter, 65 years old, born in Goszczanów, Turek district, to Marcin** and Magdalena, the married couple the Kutners, leaving behind a widowed wife Marianna née Rosiak. After eye belief about Jakób Kutner’s death this act was written down and was read to the declarants.

2 /14/* - priest's mistake, correct date is 2/15/ or 1/14/.
Marcin** - this is also a mistake, Marcin was the father of Marianna Rosiak, Jakub's father was Chryzostom.

Natalia
mattyj1202

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:46 am      Post subject:

Thank you SO much, Natalia!!!

Regarding the date note you included, can you tell me about that?

Also, since you’ve been so successful with locating these 2 records, can I give you one more to find that has been challenging? It is the death record of my great-great-grandfather, Franciszek Jaworski (father-in-law of Wiktorja Kutner). I can send information to you later this morning.

Thank you very much - awesome work!

M
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:48 am      Post subject:

mattyj1202 wrote:

Also, since you’ve been so successful with locating these 2 records, can I give you one more to find that has been challenging? It is the death record of my great-great-grandfather, Franciszek Jaworski (father-in-law of Wiktorja Kutner). I can send information to you later this morning.

Thank you very much - awesome work!

M

You wrote me a private message with the same question about finding new document ...... i dont understand it........

PAYPAL: [email protected]
mattyj1202

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:54 am      Post subject:

Hi Marcel,

Yes - sorry for any confusion!

Since this (and the next record) were very difficult records to locate, I had asked the forum for help, so I received a few replies/offers for help - very much appreciated.

I will send over information later this morning about the new challenge record to find (mentioned above). I’ll send to both you and Natalia shortly.

Thank you all very much!

M
Natalia

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:04 pm      Post subject:

mattyj1202 wrote:

M

Hi, Matt.

In Russia until 1918 the Julian calendar was used. Poland used Gregorian calendar since the 16th century. Therefore, after the partitions of Poland, in the Russian partition in documentation used 2 dates - in the Julian and in the Gregorian calendars. In the 19th century the difference between calendars was 12 days and in the 20th century 13 days.

N.
mattyj1202

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:58 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Natalia!
mattyj1202

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:38 am      Post subject:

I would like to extend a very heartfelt thank you to both marcelproust and Natalia for their efforts in helping locate the above- mentioned death records. I am extremely appreciative of everyone's efforts and time!

Thank you VERY much!!!

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: