PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:43 pm      Post subject: Lesoinx, Poland

US Naturalization papers report that Grandfather GRABARZ Macjei (?) was born February 18, 1883 in Lesoinx, Poland.
I cannot find / locate this place.
Any help? Please.....
Thank you Very Much!
Natalia

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:20 am      Post subject:

Hello.
On the website www.libertyellisfoundation.org I see that many people by the last name of Grabarz came to the United States from Leżajsk and the villages near Leżajsk (Brzoza, Brzoza Królewska, Stare Miasto).
For example,
Maria Grabarz, 18 years old, in 1909 arrived from Leżajsk (Lezajsk/Lezajik in manifest).
Maciej Grabarz arrived from Brzoza Król. (Królewska), Leżajsk, Galicia in 1912. He can't be your grandfather, based on his age, he was 17 years old.
In American documents the names of Polish towns and villages were often distorted.
Most likely, that Lesoinx is Leżajsk.

Natalia
Bonsker

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:58 pm      Post subject:

Natalia wrote:
Hello.
On the website www.libertyellisfoundation.org I see that many people by the last name of Grabarz came to the United States from Leżajsk and the villages near Leżajsk (Brzoza, Brzoza Królewska, Stare Miasto).
For example,
Maria Grabarz, 18 years old, in 1909 arrived from Leżajsk (Lezajsk/Lezajik in manifest).
Maciej Grabarz arrived from Brzoza Król. (Królewska), Leżajsk, Galicia in 1912. He can't be your grandfather, based on his age, he was 17 years old.
In American documents the names of Polish towns and villages were often distorted.

Natalia
Shocked
Bonsker

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:01 pm      Post subject:

Bonsker wrote:
Natalia wrote:
Hello.
For example,

Natalia
Shocked
Bonsker

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:04 pm      Post subject:

Thank you very much Natalia!
Trying to find birth certificate and family of Grand-Parents ...spinning, spinning, spinning....
I really appreciate your BIG help and time. Thank you!
Maria
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: