PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:20 pm      Post subject: Gottlieb Kautz

I believe my Great-Grandfather was born in the vicinity of Lodz. He was caught up in the "Catherine the Great migration" to the Volhynia, Ukraine (Russia then) sometime prior to 1864. The most I've been able to find about him was on the Society for German Genealogy in Eastern Europe (SGGEE) and that was him, my Great-Grandmother, Louise Albrecht and their 8 children. I also believe Louise Albrecht was born in Danzig-Westpr (Gdansk), Poland in 1838. This from a document on Ancestry.com that I believe is her. Louise died in 1887 and was buried in Danzig-Westpr (Gdansk), Poland per another document on Ancestry.com where her parents Carl Ludwig and Caroline Eleonore were buried. I am aware that all the cemeteries in Lodz were leveled at the end or during WWII.
If anyone has any information or can direct me where to find any information, I would be eternally grateful.
I don't know if this is what this forum is for, but thanks in advance.
Mark Kautz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: