PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:01 pm      Post subject: Finding Rzochow near Płock

I'm trying to find the birthplace of a great-great-uncle. My great-great-grandparents Antoni and Walerya Chalupczysnki were married in 1876 in Słupia parish, just Southeast of Sierpc. Their first son was born that same year (1876), and was likewise born in Słupia parish. As was their 3rd son in 1884, and all their children after that.

But their 2nd son (named Konstanty), who was born in 1880, was not born in Słupia parish. Instead his naturalization papers say he was born in "Rzochow" Poland.

I have searched a long time for a village or town named "Rzochow", anywhere near the Płock/ Sierpc area. There's a Rzochów near Mielec, but that's way down in Southeastern Poland. I wouldn't expect Antoni and Walerya to be all the way down there in 1880. Unless there was some unusual reason.

Does anyone have any ideas? Could Rzochow be misspelled? Konstanty seemed to be quite literate, and should have known how to correctly spell his birth village. Thanks.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:46 am      Post subject: Re: Finding Rzochow near Płock

starshadow wrote:
I'm trying to find the birthplace of a great-great-uncle. My great-great-grandparents Antoni and Walerya Chalupczysnki were married in 1876 in Słupia parish, just Southeast of Sierpc. Their first son was born that same year (1876), and was likewise born in Słupia parish. As was their 3rd son in 1884, and all their children after that.

But their 2nd son (named Konstanty), who was born in 1880, was not born in Słupia parish. Instead his naturalization papers say he was born in "Rzochow" Poland.

I have searched a long time for a village or town named "Rzochow", anywhere near the Płock/ Sierpc area. There's a Rzochów near Mielec, but that's way down in Southeastern Poland. I wouldn't expect Antoni and Walerya to be all the way down there in 1880. Unless there was some unusual reason.

Does anyone have any ideas? Could Rzochow be misspelled? Konstanty seemed to be quite literate, and should have known how to correctly spell his birth village. Thanks.

there is a village near Sierpc: Żochowo. We pronounce the letters rz and ż in Polish the same way. Ligowo parish.
There is anothe Żochowo near Sierpc which belonged to Łukomie parish.
There is also village Żochowo close Płock located in Góra parish

PAYPAL: [email protected]
starshadow
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 305

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:16 pm      Post subject:

Okay, thanks Marcel, I'll check on those three locations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: