PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:08 pm      Post subject: Finding Ancestor - Kandefer - Iwonicz

Looking for info on my Kandefer ancestry from Iwonicz, Poland. Especially looking for Karol/Charles Kandefer born 1873. He married a woman named Agata (Ryglow/Rygiel????). He and Agata came through Ellis Island in 1906 with daughter Antonina, son Teofil, and daughter Stefania. He showed last residence as Zagorziany. He Karol/Charles Kandefu entered USA alone in 1913 showing Lemberg, Galicia as last residence. In 1920 US census he was a boarder living in NJ. He most likely took family back to Poland. His 1918 WW-1 draft registration showed wife Agata in Galicia as next of kin. His mother, my paternal gr-grandmother died in 1935. Her info showed Karol living in Lwow (Lviv). I found a document from 1946 where Agata was looking for thw whereabouts of her son Teofil. The information was provided to the court in Poland by Stefania Kandefer Rygiel. Agata was bedridden at the time. Teofil was killed by the germans in March, 1944 in Budapest, Hungary. His issued death certificate indicated his father Karol was dead. Stefania was from Krosno and I am assuming Agata was living in Lwow (Lviv).
I am looking for any information about marriage of Karol and Agata. Also any information about Karol and Agata's death. Also any info on Stefania living in Krosno. I have birth and death info for Antonina and Teofil. I do not have any marriage info on Antonina. She died in London, England in 1978. She was a schoolteacher. She was married to Aleksander Bobrowski(a). Don't know where or when married. They had a son Aleksander Franciszek Bobrowski. Don't have any info on him.
ITeofil did not marry. I have birth and death info on him.
I would like to find more info on Stefania Kandefer Rygiel. Her birth, marriage, and death and any children.
I have sent many letters to churches, municipal offices, and other places.

I thank you all for your time and consideration in this matter.
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:45 am      Post subject: Re: Finding Ancestor - Kandefer - Iwonicz

FrankC wrote:
Looking for info on my Kandefer ancestry from Iwonicz, Poland. Especially looking for Karol/Charles Kandefer born 1873. He married a woman named Agata (Ryglow/Rygiel????). He and Agata came through Ellis Island in 1906 with daughter Antonina, son Teofil, and daughter Stefania. He showed last residence as Zagorziany. He Karol/Charles Kandefu entered USA alone in 1913 showing Lemberg, Galicia as last residence. In 1920 US census he was a boarder living in NJ. He most likely took family back to Poland. His 1918 WW-1 draft registration showed wife Agata in Galicia as next of kin. His mother, my paternal gr-grandmother died in 1935. Her info showed Karol living in Lwow (Lviv). I found a document from 1946 where Agata was looking for thw whereabouts of her son Teofil. The information was provided to the court in Poland by Stefania Kandefer Rygiel. Agata was bedridden at the time. Teofil was killed by the germans in March, 1944 in Budapest, Hungary. His issued death certificate indicated his father Karol was dead. Stefania was from Krosno and I am assuming Agata was living in Lwow (Lviv).
I am looking for any information about marriage of Karol and Agata. Also any information about Karol and Agata's death. Also any info on Stefania living in Krosno. I have birth and death info for Antonina and Teofil. I do not have any marriage info on Antonina. She died in London, England in 1978. She was a schoolteacher. She was married to Aleksander Bobrowski(a). Don't know where or when married. They had a son Aleksander Franciszek Bobrowski. Don't have any info on him.
ITeofil did not marry. I have birth and death info on him.
I would like to find more info on Stefania Kandefer Rygiel. Her birth, marriage, and death and any children.
I have sent many letters to churches, municipal offices, and other places.

I thank you all for your time and consideration in this matter.

Hello FrankC,

I reviewed the available scans of records of Roman Catholic parish in Iwonicz and found the marriage record of Karol Kandefer and Agata Rygiel, please find the link (act 17)
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/60/1475/0/-/2/str/1/6/15/IZzqVClVL3Kh95UyuukXow/#tabSkany

You can read there the names of Karol and Agata's parents
1. Karol - son of Paulius Kandefer and Catharina Gładysz
2. Agata - daughter of Andreas Rygiel and Carolina Such

I have also found birth records of Antonina and Teofil but unfortunately no records of Stefania.

Wishing good luck with your further research!
Katarzyna

Karol & Agata Kandefer.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.06 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Karol & Agata Kandefer.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: