PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:59 pm      Post subject: Looking for family ties - Jablonski; Skerski; Yezilski

I am looking for relatives with the following last names: Jablonski/Jablonska;
Skerski/Skerska; Yezilski.
Jan and Mary/maybe Marian Jablonski lived in or near Trabin-Rumunki.That I know of they had the following children: Zigmund or Zigmunt,Stanislaw, Cecelia, Michelina.Posibly more but these are the names that come up.Zigmund born in 1893/1894/,Stanislaw born 1895/1896,Cecelia born 1896/1898.There is no date for Michelina.Zigmund orZigmunt left Russian Poland in 1912. On ships passenger list Felix Yezilski was a point of contact
Destination was. America.Final point of destination was Kingston,Pennsylvania. Believe that Felix Yezilski was cousin or family friend who immigrated first.AfterFelixs'First wife died he married Michelina.Felixs'firstwife was named Pauline.Do not know if they married before or after immigration.
Mary Skerski or Skerska immigrated to America in 1914.She married Zigmund shortly thereafter. Would appreciate any information
Stanislaw stayed in Poland on family farm or tenants of the farm.
Would appreciate any information on possible relationships with the above names. According to a cousin who visited Poland in early to mid 1960's family was still farming. He did not give a location or no one asked.Still believe relatives in the area of Trabin-Rumunki.
Cecelia remembered a large house that she called a castle,near the farm.She remembered her fatherJan or John Jablonski was given a pair of boots.Which
Ment he had a position of responsibility because only people got boots if they were in a position of authority . But she was also very young at that time.About 6years old. One more thing that somebody might remember is that in early to mid 1960's Cecelia met relatives in Atlantic City,New Jersey.
Send e-mail
Wally1049

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:08 am      Post subject: Family ties continued

Will be posting names of zigmund and Marys' Parents as soon as I get marriage license.According toUnited States census the name Jablonska or Jablonski is listed from 1860s' on in the Wyoming Valley region in Pennsylvania.The name then changed to Yablonski;although no one knows why. Possibly because of the coal mines.
Send e-mail
Wally1049

Post Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:56 pm      Post subject: Searching for possible relations

I am searching for any family or person that knows of a family called Skerski or Skerska.Possibly from Russian Poland .The area of particular interest would be from Trabin Rumunki or Trabin Weis area. Could also be from Rypien area of Poland.
Send e-mail
Wally1049

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:01 am      Post subject: Jablonski/Jablonski/any derivative of the name

Searching for Jablonski or any derivative of the name from Trabin area. Possible family ties or relationships
Send e-mail
Wally1049

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:11 am      Post subject: Micheloweskie

Searching for Micheloweskie or any other spelling of name.Could not make out last 4 letters possibly because of pronunciation.(Spelt as it sounds )on a marriage license for my grandmother. The name was the maiden name of her mother ;who was married to Louis Skerski/Skerska.
Send e-mail
Wally1049

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:16 am      Post subject: Michelina Jablonski/Jablonska

Searching for any who might recognize the name from Trabin Rumunki area of Russian Poland. Name comes up as a sister to a Cecelia Jablonski/Jablonska from A Jablonski living on a farm in Trabin Rumunki area.
Send e-mail
Wally1049

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:20 am      Post subject: Trabin-Rumunki

Searching for any one who knows any thing about the Trabin-Rumnki area of Russian /Poland from about 1875 to 1930's. Especially about a family called Jablonski Who lived or worked a farm in that region.
Send e-mail
Wally1049

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:27 am      Post subject: Farmers or Coal miners

Searching for information on families that left the Trabin-Rumunki or Trabin-Weiss area of Poland for America , particularly for Northeast Pennsylvania ( Wyoming Valley ) area .Some came to farm but ended up working in coal mine . Also any information on coal mines in or near Trabin area
Send e-mail
Wally1049

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:34 am      Post subject: Family marriages

Can anyone tell me if most marriages were mostly local with other residents of town or village. Trying to find out if grandparents were mostly local events or events where people met around festivals. When a lot of people came into an area.Also why was their such different age ( some by 10 years or more ) in the
Marriages. Was it because of conscription.
Send e-mail
Henryk
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 313

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:24 pm      Post subject:

My research for a rural Parish in Kielce province shows marriage in Poland roughly 45% in the village, 35% elsewhere in the Parish, 15 in neighbouring Parishes and 5% elsewhere. My grandfather's brother moved his family about 50km away, about 1905.
Wally1049

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:29 pm      Post subject: Thanks

Henry's ,thanks .Knowing this will help narrow my search for finding marriage information.
Send e-mail
Wally1049

Post Posted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:40 pm      Post subject: Searching for information

I am searching for information on the following last names.Celebucki and Betlejewski ; who may have belonged to Sweidziebnia Parish.Possibly from Rypin area.Males from possibly one or other families came to America between 1840 and 1910
Send e-mail
Wally1049

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:46 pm      Post subject: Jablonski and Wasilewski from Chromakow

Newly found information from ship psssenger list shows a Michalina Jablonski from
Chromakow. It list a W Wasilewski as brother - in - law as contact . Can any one tell me about the village of Chromakow .Aparantly these are close relations.
Send e-mail
twiggy1078

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:56 pm      Post subject: Yezilski

I was doing some research on my family and I came across this site. My Great Grandparents are Felix and Michalina Yezilski (Jablonski). Unfortunately my father passed in 2000. So im not close to all the other Yezilski's in Pennsylvania to ask questions. In doing research about this I found Pauline Yezilski's obituary. It listed my Grandfather Zigmund Yezilski and his brothers as step children to Pauline. She's even listed as his wife on their headstone. This confuses me because I've always thought my Great Grandmother was Michalina. The timelines don't add up. Do you any info on this? Thank you for your anything you can share.
Wally1049

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:59 pm      Post subject: Past Postings

Twiggy, if you read the posting on searching for family ties ; this gives you some of the information you seek.When I posted this last year , it was a general search question for relatives and information.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: