PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:34 pm      Post subject: Obtaining Copy of Act from Warsaw

Dear Forum,

On the bottom of the Mieczyslaw Suwalski's birth record, attached, it references Waclaw Szczolkowski as Mieczyslaw Suwalski's father. It references an Act A3740 that was made on April 19, 1922, before a notary in Warsaw. How do I get a copy of of the Act A3740?

I am specifically interested in finding out information about Waclaw Szczolkowski in regards to his occupation, birth date/place, death date/place, and if he was married. I am hoping that the ACT A3740 will contain some additional information that will lead me to finding out more information on Wacla Szczolkowski.

Please let me know how I can do this.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dave Jablonka

Info from Mieczyslaw Suwalski's Birth Record:

Mieczyslaw Suwalski
Birth Date: May 18, 1906
Birth Place: Michalkowo, Poland
Baptism Date: May 20, 1906
Baptism Parish: Sobowo, Poland

Mother: Urszula Suwalska, Age 19 (Unmarried at time)
Father: Waclaw Szczolkowski (Not named in original record, but declared as father on April 19, 1922 at bottom of document.)

Godparents
Adam Miszkalski
Jozefa Chabasinska

Declarant
Anna Kowalska, midwife from Ruszkowo, Poland, age 54

Witnesses
Konstantine Wocalewski, Age 40, farmer from Michalkowo
Stanislaw Matczak, Age 32, farmer from Michalkowo

Mieczyslaw Suwalski Birth Record Translation For Polish Origins.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Mieczyslaw Suwalski Birth Record Translation For Polish Origins.pdf
 Filesize:  1.34 MB
 Downloaded:  307 Time(s)

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:01 am      Post subject: Re: Obtaining Copy of Act from Warsaw

djablonka wrote:
Dear Forum,

On the bottom of the Mieczyslaw Suwalski's birth record, attached, it references Waclaw Szczolkowski as Mieczyslaw Suwalski's father. It references an Act A3740 that was made on April 19, 1922, before a notary in Warsaw. How do I get a copy of of the Act A3740?

I am specifically interested in finding out information about Waclaw Szczolkowski in regards to his occupation, birth date/place, death date/place, and if he was married. I am hoping that the ACT A3740 will contain some additional information that will lead me to finding out more information on Wacla Szczolkowski.

Dave Jablonka

Mieczyslaw Suwalski

Father: Waclaw Szczolkowski (Not named in original record, but declared as father on April 19, 1922 at bottom of document.)

Godparents
Adam Miszkalski
Jozefa Chabasinska

Declarant

Witnesses

I made a phone call to the Sobowo Registry Office.
They told me i should contact Warsaw Archives, which i did.

The Warsaw Archive checked their resourses and they have notary Stanisław Tyborowski files but:

They dont have the files from 1922. The Archive official told me they need to do research and maybe they will find these files but You need to email them personally because You have to proove Your legal interest.
So, what You need to do is to email these Archive and write who you are, how You are related with Mieczysław Suwalski and ask for research.
Actualy the correct notary name is Stanisław Tyborowski, Act number 3740 dated 19th day of April 1922.
I think You should also write that You do your private genealogical research.

IMPORTANT: please attache the baptism record and all information how You are related with the baptised person and at the end of Your email please write Your personal data (name, address).

Fathers surname could be also read as: Sczotkowski so it is important to attach the baptism copy to Your email.

Here is information about the Archive:

Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie
ul. Krzywe Koło 7
00-270 Warszawa

email: [email protected]

PAYPAL: [email protected]
djablonka

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:14 pm      Post subject: Re: Obtaining Copy of Act from Warsaw

Thanks Marcel! I appreciate your help!

marcelproust wrote:
djablonka wrote:
Dear Forum,

Dave Jablonka

Mieczyslaw Suwalski

Godparents
Adam Miszkalski
Jozefa Chabasinska

Declarant

Witnesses

I made a phone call to the Sobowo Registry Office.
They told me i should contact Warsaw Archives, which i did.

The Warsaw Archive checked their resourses and they have notary Stanisław Tyborowski files but:

They dont have the files from 1922. The Archive official told me they need to do research and maybe they will find these files but You need to email them personally because You have to proove Your legal interest.
So, what You need to do is to email these Archive and write who you are, how You are related with Mieczysław Suwalski and ask for research.
Actualy the correct notary name is Stanisław Tyborowski, Act number 3740 dated 19th day of April 1922.
I think You should also write that You do your private genealogical research.

IMPORTANT: please attache the baptism record and all information how You are related with the baptised person and at the end of Your email please write Your personal data (name, address).

Fathers surname could be also read as: Sczotkowski so it is important to attach the baptism copy to Your email.

Here is information about the Archive:

Archiwum Państwowe w Warszawie
ul. Krzywe Koło 7
00-270 Warszawa

email: [email protected]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: