PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:51 pm      Post subject: Help Finding anything - Chana Jung

Hi, my grandma, Chana Jung (says their argentinian papers), came to Argentina in 1932 (she was 3 at the time) and was born in Lodz (she always said she came from Tomaszów Mazowiecki, or so we'd like to believe since she said it in a very argentinian way Laughing )

Yet, we couldn't find a record here that credit her arrival (and of course her citizenship papers will remain forever lost) or birth in Poland.

She married a Polish Citizen here (my grandpa, which has no sign of entry here aswell) and I was wondering where might I look for her? I've tried quite a few databases with polish data (to verify that at least she was borned in Poland Rolling Eyes ) with no luck so far.

Any help/pointers/advice would be really appreciated!

Kind regards,
Sebastian!
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:06 am      Post subject: Re: Help Finding anything - Chana Jung

sebasnn86 wrote:
Hi, my grandma, Chana Jung (says their argentinian papers), came to Argentina in 1932 (she was 3 at the time) and was born in Lodz (she always said she came from Tomaszów Mazowiecki, or so we'd like to believe since she said it in a very argentinian way Laughing )

Yet, we couldn't find a record here that credit her arrival (and of course her citizenship papers will remain forever lost) or birth in Poland.

She married a Polish Citizen here (my grandpa, which has no sign of entry here aswell) and I was wondering where might I look for her? I've tried quite a few databases with polish data (to verify that at least she was borned in Poland Rolling Eyes ) with no luck so far.

Any help/pointers/advice would be really appreciated!

Kind regards,
Sebastian!

Did You try to contact polish consulate or Registry Office in Łódź or Tomaszów Mazowiecki towns?
Your grandmother's name souds like she was Jewish.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
sebasnn86

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:39 am      Post subject:

Hi! I did try the polish consulate here, they said they can't help or provide asistance whatsoever, and to be honest, I never thought contacting the Registry Office in Łódź (I'm really embarrased, now that I think about it, it's quite obvious I should've done it long time ago) so I just did and I'm waiting on their answer.

I think you're right, she was Jewish (never seen her practicing or anything but it's inherited I think) does that mean anything or helps in some regard?

Thanks for the pointer!

Kind regards,
Sebastian
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:40 pm      Post subject:

sebasnn86 wrote:
Hi! I did try the polish consulate here, they said they can't help or provide asistance whatsoever, and to be honest, I never thought contacting the Registry Office in Łódź (I'm really embarrased, now that I think about it, it's quite obvious I should've done it long time ago) so I just did and I'm waiting on their answer.

I think you're right, she was Jewish (never seen her practicing or anything but it's inherited I think) does that mean anything or helps in some regard?

Thanks for the pointer!

Kind regards,
Sebastian

In those time each religious community had each own Civil Registrar. It is important. If Your grandmother was Jewish her birth record was entered in jewish civil register book.
Records that are less that 100 years old are not available online so i think the contact with registry office is the best choice.
I can make a phone call and ask where i can find these documents.

DO YOU KNOW CHANA'S PARENTS NAMES??

PAYPAL: [email protected]
sebasnn86

Post Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:29 pm      Post subject:

Hi!

Yes, in Argentina they're registered as Nuta Jonas Jung (her father) and Ester Manovich (her mother). She was born in April 18th 1929.

I've seem to have found their entry to Argentina, and her original name doesn't seem to be Channa but Chawa/Chaua/Chava? I've not yet confirmed this since it takes some time to process this request for information here, but the facts seems to add up (and hopefully I'll learn something about their entrance here,like a passport, ID or something other than their names).

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: