PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:25 am      Post subject: photos of pre-war Jewish communities/video shows

I just came accross this site. It has many photos of pre-war Poland's Jewish communities. I thought it would interest many of you. I found it beautiful.

Image Before My Eyes-A photography history of Jewish life in Poland,
1864-1939 http://www.tachna.com/jlp/1.htm

on another subject: you can view video show on "http://tracingroots.nova.org"

The first one Dr. Sacks and Prof. Sachs discuss their recent trip along with 38 others researchers to be the first group to do research at the International Tracing Service
(ITS) in Bad Arolson, Germany. This is the location of all Nazi records captured by the Allied Nations. All records are cross referenced and can be searched by name. The data include DP records.

At the end of next month, our hosts will continue to discuss the emotional aspects of their recent visit to three small towns in Germany, where Jews used to live. The towns were Bad Arolson (where ITS is located), Vöhl, and Vokmassen. In each town a few local people are maintaining the Jewish cemetery, or restoring a synagogue or building a Jewish museum.

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Other topics related to Poland and Polish roots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: