PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:10 pm      Post subject: This is YOU who can create new topics

Yes, this Forum is designed in the way that you can create your own topics. You can ask question to the people of the same interest throughout the world. You can share with them your knowledge and experience. You can show them your pictures and videos. Whatever you can think up, unless it is possible and allowed here Smile.

How to create a new topic:

1. Log in to the Forum (if you have not registered yet you have to do this first by clicking Register link above or here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/profile.php?mode=register)

2. Choose category in which you want to create a topic, e.g. Research in Poland (click here: http://forum.polishorigins.com/index.php?c=5).

3. Click the "new topic" button on the left side of the page and write your first post in your new topic!
Send e-mail
Bill Rushin
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:01 pm      Post subject:

Zenon, Could I start a new FORUM? I am heavily into the Polish Goral "Highlander" area of Galicia. I am a charter member of TARG (Tatra Area Research Group) for over 10 years now. I would like to have a separate area for forum users if that would be possible. I have plenty of maps, stories and pictures that I could post. Please share your thoughts on this subject. I just didn't want it mixed in another forum and be buried with the other posts. Thanks, Bill PS- "Polish Goral "Highlanders" looks good to me Smile
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:03 am      Post subject:

Thank you Bill on behalf of myself and, I strongly believe, hundreds of current and future readers of your forum Exclamation

This is a generous offer and a great idea Smile. And this was our main goal of creating our PolishOrigins Forum - sharing our knowledge and experience related to this so wide subject of Polish genealogy. I believe that if shared, this collective wisdom could save hours of pointless and frustrating work for others. I think that Shellie expressed that idea best when she commented to another researcher: "(...) There is a spirit of sharing and discovery here among the members of PolishOrigins and I think that you will enjoy being part of the crowd (full post: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=1260#1260 ).

I created a new section of our Forum entitled Our members' forums of interest and set up there your forum Bill: Polish Gorals - Highlanders. You have granted rights of moderator of this forum which means you can control what is going on there, including deleting posts which are inappropriate (for any reasons) to be posted (which is very rare here).

If you have any comments, questions or ideas about how it should work, feel free to ask here or by private message.

I also invite others who might be interested in creating their own forum in any subject related to Polish genealogy. This is YOUR Forum Exclamation
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:44 pm      Post subject:

We just set up another Our members' forums of interest entitled Poland and its people in old photographs and postcards with one of the most active and "giving" member of our community as a Moderator - Shellie . Thank you Shellie Exclamation
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:55 pm      Post subject:

In case you missed the email announcement about “Our members' forums of interest” including personal invitations from their founders and hosts click here for the PO Newsletter Archives: http://polishorigins.com/12all/index.php?action=message&c=39&message=51 .

A few days ago we opened a new forum entitled: Polish genealogy and relatives search in Australia . Its initiator, Sylvia, has been with us for many years. Three years ago she wrote a story in which she told us a little about her life and family history, click here: Sylvia's Story.

We already had a few “Polish - Australian episodes” in our website like:

Now you have the opportunity to try to get an advice about your Polish Australian genealogy search from Sylvia. Just go to her forum: Polish genealogy and relatives search in Australia Exclamation
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:16 pm      Post subject: Re: Casimer Zmich

[email protected] wrote:
Not sure this is where to post this question. But can't figure out how to start a new discussion in the forum.

Welcome to the Forum ssarcheck2,

To create a new topic you need to find the icon "newtopic" and click on it. You need to be logged in.

I attached a print screen (look for black arrow).

I also moved your post as a new topic here: https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=11777
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> What, Why, How...? All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: