PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:34 am      Post subject: Need Help Finding Birth Record of Grandfather

Help! Trying to find birth date info for my grandfather, Franciszek Krzemkowski. Believed to be born in early 1900s in or around Torun. Married Elzbieta Borowska around 1925 +/-, had six children. Lived in Torun but moved to Sierpc for work. Taken to Siberia in 1945 and died en route in February 1945, and buried in mass grave, so do not believe there is a death record (we have a letter detailing death). My mother, who is now 85 and living in US, wishes to know the date of her father's birth. He was taken from them when she was only 10. But I cannot find any records on him or any other family members in any searches. Any help or guidance on how I can track down this info would be appreciated. Thank you! Rose
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:19 am      Post subject: Re: Need Help Finding Birth Record of Grandfather

Rosemig wrote:
Help! Trying to find birth date info for my grandfather, Franciszek Krzemkowski. Believed to be born in early 1900s in or around Torun. Married Elzbieta Borowska around 1925 +/-, had six children. Lived in Torun but moved to Sierpc for work. Taken to Siberia in 1945 and died en route in February 1945, and buried in mass grave, so do not believe there is a death record (we have a letter detailing death). My mother, who is now 85 and living in US, wishes to know the date of her father's birth. He was taken from them when she was only 10. But I cannot find any records on him or any other family members in any searches. Any help or guidance on how I can track down this info would be appreciated. Thank you! Rose

Do You have any letters, documents, anything that can help us identify the place Your grandfather was born or married?
Is it possible Your grandfather was born on the 30th day of December 1904?
P.S. I live in Sierpc Wink

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Rosemig

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:56 pm      Post subject: Grandfather

Well it certainly is a small world! And I know that Sierpc is a small town so this is quite the coincidence! It is certainly possible that the birth date you mention could be his. I believe my grandmother, Elzbieta Krzemkowska (nee Borowska) was born on November 23, 1905 and died August 9, 1989. I have no records or letters of where my grandfather was born or married (but probably married in Torun). I know that they lived in Torun before and after Sierpc. I do have a copy of a birth certificate for my mother, which shows the names of her parents as mentioned. I also have her marriage certificate to my father. My grandfather was also part German, but I do believe he was born in Poland.

Thank you for your help!

Rose Smile
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Grandfather

Rosemig wrote:
Well it certainly is a small world! And I know that Sierpc is a small town so this is quite the coincidence! It is certainly possible that the birth date you mention could be his. I believe my grandmother, Elzbieta Krzemkowska (nee Borowska) was born on November 23, 1905 and died August 9, 1989. I have no records or letters of where my grandfather was born or married (but probably married in Torun). I know that they lived in Torun before and after Sierpc. I do have a copy of a birth certificate for my mother, which shows the names of her parents as mentioned. I also have her marriage certificate to my father. My grandfather was also part German, but I do believe he was born in Poland.

Thank you for your help!

Rose Smile

I will contact Toruń Registry office.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: