PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Team Leader

Replies: 1515

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:00 am      Post subject: Article: Recollections of Julius Bier

Article: Recollections of Julius Bier

Another fascinating story about the vicissitudes of life. This is invaluable document not only for members of Bier family. It shows how life of ordinary Jewish people looked like more than 100 years ago in Poland and in the USA.

The recollections in form of interview inspired me to do the same with the oldest member of my family. This is too bad that it is too late to meet all people I would desire to talk to...
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:34 pm      Post subject:

Mary added a personal prologue to the recollections of her grandfather and sent old, beautiful photographs. The unfinished story of Julius Bier and his family life is now even more moving and fascinating...
Send e-mail
Zenon

Post Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:19 am      Post subject:

Together with Mary we decided it is important to move her grandfather's story from the old website to the blog: http://blog.polishorigins.com/category/genealogy-tours-gen-stories/recollections-of-julius-bier-genealogy-tours-gen-stories/ .

Mary wrote me a few weeks ago: "I got an email from a gentleman who is a Christian from Sokolow and also a lawyer and I believe, he served on the Sokolow city council.  He has been doing research on the area.  We've communicated numerous times (now he lives part-time in UK because of job availabilities) and he has been able to find a number of records that I wasn't able to and has freely sent them to me!  Unasked!  It was all because of that little story.  He was away from home and found your site and read the article and because of that, he has helped me a great deal in solving a few of my mysteries!  You never know how help can come! "

I think there is no comment needed Smile. I will only add that this story originally was published on our website 9 years ago in 2008.
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Our Gen Stories, Websites and Blogs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: