PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:44 am      Post subject: Max family, Szczerbiencin,Pomerania

Hi, just wanting to know if there are any living relatives of August and Paulina Max still around, they were married on 27 th Sept 1874, they had 4 children, Bernhard Max born 1876, Franciszek Max born 1884 and Jan August Max born 1887 but in Trzcinsk. The others were born in Szczerbiencin. They also had a daughter, Maria Max who sadly died at a young age, 2 years approx.
we are planning to visit the area in July from New Zealand,
Regards,
Terry Kreft

Send e-mail
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:44 pm      Post subject:

Hi Terry,

Did you go to the family research center and look for birth, marriage, and death records for the Max family using the link I provided earlier? If you did, but did not find any marriage records for their children, then here is another option to consider....

Perhaps the Max family moved from Szczerbięcin to Trzcińsk (12.5 km between them). If so, that means the marriage records for their children and grandchildren would be in the Starogard parish (Trzcińsk is a part of that parish).

I base that theory on a record I found in the Geneteka index database for the 1913 marriage of Johann August Max and Wanda Marta Gerhmann in the parish of Starogard Gdański św. Mateusz. I am unsure if this is your ancestor. You will have to search the parish book to check the names of his parents or at least verify the location and ages to see if they line up. Here is the link to the Geneteka index:

http://www.geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=S&w=11pm&rid=S&search_lastname=max&search_name=august&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=

Once again, Family Search has digitized records for Starogard, but they are all locked so you have to view them at the research center. Here is the link:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/results?count=20&placeId=65972&query=%2Bplace%3A%22Poland%2C%20Gda%C5%84sk%2C%20Starogard%20Gda%C5%84ski%20(Starogard%20Gda%C5%84ski)%22&subjectsOpen=351621-50

Best of luck,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
terrykreft

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:12 pm      Post subject: Burial records Pomerania

Cynthia, have not got to the research centre yet, we are away at the moment but that is a job when I get home. Found a relative in NZ who has done heaps on our family, we share ggg grandmother. So lots of info and records. So along with Max( there was a Jan August Max and marriage age is about right) we have a Fliskowski who married Josefina.
The guy in NZ has been to our area in Poland 3 times and going again in April. So between you and he I have made huge progress. They are all buried in the same church but like you said and he has said, if no one is looking after the graves, they get reused. The church still operates, so a real focus.
Regards,
Terry

Send e-mail
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:19 pm      Post subject:

Terry,

I am so happy to hear things are coming together for your research! You are going to have a memorable time in Poland...

A suggestion: unless you speak Polish, I would recommend hiring a guide for the day(s) you are in your ancestral village(s) looking for living relatives. Based on our experience, it was a huge help.

Cynthia
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: