PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:02 am      Post subject: Jaworzno Chrzanow Area

Good day,
I hope this is the right place to post this information?
I'm having a brick wall while researching my family tree, so I hope maybe someone might have accsess to records in Poland that might be able to find something. Because as of today March 2020 I am not able to find anything on this family at all.
I'm told by the people running the few websites for old records. That unfortunately not too many records were available for Jaworzno. But maybe they are somewhere else.
I'll start with one part of my tree first. If anyone can help me please let me know. Or if you need more details.
The only offical record that I recently found was the sencus record for jaworzno in 1937. I did find my maternal grandmothers family. But interestingly her name wasnt on the list. And it says they moved to Jellen. According to my grandmother they had two houses. One in Jaworzno and one in Chrzanow. Maybe it was Jellen not sure.

My Grandmother was Regina Berger or Ryfka.
Her father was Abel or ABBA Berger, Her mother was Chaja Gitel maiden name Schoenberg or Shonberg or Sheinberg.
I did find the name Chaja Gittel linkowska. On the death record for 1939. It is probably here. Because we know she died from an accident that year. And her mother was Reizel Linkowska. So she probably used he mothers maiden name.

What I'm hitting a brick wall is, I can not find out who Chaja Gittel father Abraham Schoenberg was (maybe spelling different)
There was a famous Schoenberg family in Chrzanow. YAKEL SCHOENBERG was a son inlaw by Rabbi shlomo Bochner of Chrzanow.
I know ABBA Berger was a alcohol dealer or had a Pub.
And Abraham schoenberg supposedly dealt in the coal industry.
Abraham Schoenberg might of past away in or about 1900
It was said that he was in an old age home in Jaworzno.
Dose anyone know about that home?

Just for the record.
Abraham schoenberg and Reizel linkowska had a few other children.
Issac and Shlomo Meir went to the USA in the late 1800's and I did find the manifest of their arrival. I think for Solomon it says he was born in Krakow. Maybe they were registered there.
Also the Bergers were also from Krakow.

If anyone has access or knows how to find more information on conections for Reizel Linkowska or Abraham schoenberg I'd greatly appreciate it. We don't know any information who their parents were.

Thank you in advance
Jack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: