PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:42 pm      Post subject: Bęćkowo and Barany

Hello Everyone,

First off, thank you for setting up and maintaining this website! It's given me hope that one day I might be able to extend my maternal family tree to before around 1910, which is about the time my Polish forbearers first entered the United States.

My mother's maternal grandmother was born in Baranach/Barany/Barane (depending on the document). Her spouse (my mother's maternal grandfather was born in Benczkowo/Bekiowo/Bęćkowo (depending on the document). I believe that these are villages very close to Szczuczyn, Grajevo County, Podlaskie but I'm not 100% sure.

Both these places show up on map 47 of the ipgs.us website and are within a few miles of Szczuczyn. Bęćkowo is still on the map. Barany no longer is on the map.

Could you provide any advice on how to proceed?

Passenger p 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.86 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Passenger p 1.jpg

Passenger - p2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  322.59 KB

Passenger - p2.jpg

Petition.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  919.26 KB

Petition.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4195

Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:15 am      Post subject: Re: Bęćkowo and Barany

davidgobeli wrote:
Hello Everyone,

First off, thank you for setting up and maintaining this website! It's given me hope that one day I might be able to extend my maternal family tree to before around 1910, which is about the time my Polish forbearers first entered the United States.

My mother's maternal grandmother was born in Baranach/Barany/Barane (depending on the document). Her spouse (my mother's maternal grandfather was born in Benczkowo/Bekiowo/Bęćkowo (depending on the document). I believe that these are villages very close to Szczuczyn, Grajevo County, Podlaskie but I'm not 100% sure.

Both these places show up on map 47 of the ipgs.us website and are within a few miles of Szczuczyn. Bęćkowo is still on the map. Barany no longer is on the map.

Could you provide any advice on how to proceed?

I have found their marriage record:

Bęćkowo
and
Barany
Nr 16

It happened in Szczuczyn town on the 1st/14th day of May 1906, at 7 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Antoni Laszczkowski, 44 years old and Józef Werner, 53 years old, both farmers living in the village Lipnik, a religious marriage was concluded on this day, between:

Stanisław Waszkiewicz, a single man, farmer, 25 years old, born and living in the village Bęćkowo, son of late Adam and living Marianna nee Pieniążek, spouses Waszkiewicz

and

Anastazja Dobrzeniewska, a miss, 18 years old, living with her parents of the farm, in the village Barany, born in Barany, daughter of spouses: Franciszek Dobrzeniecki and Józefa Dobrzeniecka nee Gorska.

This marriage was preceded by the 3 banns of marriage announced in Szczuczyn parish on: 9th/22nd April, 16th/29th April and 23rd April/6th May of the current year.

Newlyweds declared they did not make prenuptial agreement.
Religious marriage ceremony was celeberated by the priest Julian Czarnowski, administrator of local parish.
Bride's parents gave oral permission to this marriage.
This act was read to the newlyweds and declarants, all illiterate and was signed by Us only.

Priest Czarnowski, serving as Civil Registrar.

For the copy of their daughter Marianna You should contact Łomża State Archives at this email: [email protected]

Waszkiewicz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.86 MB

Waszkiewicz.jpg

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: