PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Jaryczow Nowy
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 35

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:22 am      Post subject: Jaryczow Nowy

Films of church records for Jaryczow Nowy will be here soon. I am happy to look for your names. Let me know!
cath
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:14 am      Post subject:

According to http://www.ipgs.us/iwonad/surnames/placesj.html

Here are SURNAMES for Jaryczow, Lwow - Galicia

Andrejczuk Andres Barski Bekierski Bernacki Bilik Binkowski Brandstatter Cepuch Czarnobil Czerkowski Czerwinski Dejneka Dobosz Druszkiewicz Dyrdzinski Ewiczynski Frankiewicz Galaj Gawronski Gebarowicz Gerlach Ginda Glinkowski Gorczynski Gorycki Gruntkowski Gruszka Harlos Hegedisz Horbal Horodecki Idzik Ilewicz Izycki Jajko Jasiewicz Junik Kadziola Kalitynski Karszniewicz Kazmirowicz Kokodynski Konarski Korolik Kot Kranc Kregel Luczkiewicz Lukaszynski Manestyrski Mazepa Melcher Milczanowski Morozowski Mudry Nakoneczny Naszczak Nerymski Norynski Nowosielski Nycz Oblicki Olekcinski orlowski Orzechowicz Pakuszewski Pieciorak Poczaj Podolanski Praiss Przewoda Pszon Pszoniak Puszka Rajca Remiszewski Rogulski Rozumkiewicz Sahanek Salamanczuk Senica Skalecki Skotniany Skrzypecki Sobolewski Sokalski Stebski Sternal Stoll Stopczynski Stupinski Sulkowski Swaryszewski Szandala Szczepanski Szczygielski Szemlej Szponarski Taras Tarasiewicz Tarrapata Tiahnybok Trusz Walkiewicz Wegrzynowicz Werynski Wronski Wybranowski Zaczkiewicz Zapytowski Zawadowski Ziegler Zulawa
dorzechowicz

Replies: 19

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:21 am      Post subject:

cath wrote:
According to http://www.ipgs.us/iwonad/surnames/placesj.html

Here are SURNAMES for Jaryczow, Lwow - Galicia

Andrejczuk Andres Barski Bekierski Bernacki Bilik Binkowski Brandstatter Cepuch Czarnobil Czerkowski Czerwinski Dejneka Dobosz Druszkiewicz Dyrdzinski Ewiczynski Frankiewicz Galaj Gawronski Gebarowicz Gerlach Ginda Glinkowski Gorczynski Gorycki Gruntkowski Gruszka Harlos Hegedisz Horbal Horodecki Idzik Ilewicz Izycki Jajko Jasiewicz Junik Kadziola Kalitynski Karszniewicz Kazmirowicz Kokodynski Konarski Korolik Kot Kranc Kregel Luczkiewicz Lukaszynski Manestyrski Mazepa Melcher Milczanowski Morozowski Mudry Nakoneczny Naszczak Nerymski Norynski Nowosielski Nycz Oblicki Olekcinski orlowski Orzechowicz Pakuszewski Pieciorak Poczaj Podolanski Praiss Przewoda Pszon Pszoniak Puszka Rajca Remiszewski Rogulski Rozumkiewicz Sahanek Salamanczuk Senica Skalecki Skotniany Skrzypecki Sobolewski Sokalski Stebski Sternal Stoll Stopczynski Stupinski Sulkowski Swaryszewski Szandala Szczepanski Szczygielski Szemlej Szponarski Taras Tarasiewicz Tarrapata Tiahnybok Trusz Walkiewicz Wegrzynowicz Werynski Wronski Wybranowski Zaczkiewicz Zapytowski Zawadowski Ziegler Zulawa

I know it's been a long time, but THANK YOU for posting this! It's nice to search for my surname (Orzechowicz) and get a hit. I will start looking at this town now, in addition to Kołaczyce, where my cousin states we also have some relatives.

Is it still possible search for surnames in Galicia? I am at a bottleneck with "Hanba" and "Sanocki/Sanocka". Thank you again!

Dave Orzechowicz
Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
cath
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:43 am      Post subject:

You are welcome! If you are near an LDS family history center, you can view all the Jaryczow Nowy records on their computer for free! Also, Sanocki is in Jaryczow Nowy! I have 14 Sanockis connected to my family. I have three Orzechowicz, Antonius, Marianna, 1799, Michael, 1838!
dorzechowicz

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:17 am      Post subject:

cath wrote:
You are welcome! If you are near an LDS family history center, you can view all the Jaryczow Nowy records on their computer for free! Also, Sanocki is in Jaryczow Nowy! I have 14 Sanockis connected to my family. I have three Orzechowicz, Antonius, Marianna, 1799, Michael, 1838!

Thanks again, Cath! Looking at my tree, I do have a Michał:

Birth 1845 • Krużlowa, Nowy Sącz, Kraków, Poland
Death 5 NOV 1895 • Krużlowa, Nowy Sącz, Kraków, Poland

If this is indeed the same person (and I would definitely trust your data before mine), we are related!!! (He is my great-grandfather).

I have two people listed as wives of his: Marya Muzyka, born in 1846; I have her as being my great-grandmother. The dates are fuzzy, but I think that Michał remarried to Maryann Faber. If you have any corrections, I would be most happy to see them, cousin!

Dave
dorzechowicz

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:28 am      Post subject:

Forgot to add that my relatives named Sanocki are: my Busi Katarzyna, and her siblings Jozef, Ludwik, Ludwika (how original!). Her father's name was Wojciech, and his father's name, I think, was Kazimierz.

I am listening to conversational Polish language CDs during my commute to and from work, and my sister is hopefully learning Slovak for when we also visit my maternal ancestors. Please don't tell me that I also need to learn Ukrainian! Shocked
cath
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:12 am      Post subject:

This is the Michael I have...

IMG_6166.JPG
 Description:
This is the Michael in my tree.
 Filesize:  140.81 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

IMG_6166.JPG

dorzechowicz

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:09 pm      Post subject:

Thanks, Cath. Thanks to the internet, I was able to translate much of the Latin, and zooming in let me decipher much of the handwritten record. But do you know all of the information within the Parentes Nomen and Conditio? Also, do you have any idea as to the name of the parish and where it is/was located? Thanks--having some fun now!
cath
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:42 pm      Post subject:

That Michaels' father is Antonius. His mother is Frances, daughter of Casimir and Agnes Orlowski. Antonius's job (condition) is "teator" but i do not know what that translates to.
It is the Greek Catholic Church. All the records are online at your LDS center at 5401 St Joe Road. If you think you will go, I will tell you how to navigate their website to get to the records.
dorzechowicz

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:05 pm      Post subject:

Cath,
I will probably have to wait for a weekend when the weather is bad, which should not be long in coming around here. Also, I understand that the (Fort Wayne) Allen County Public Library has an excellent genealogy collection. I will be visiting them both for sure, and I will contact you before I do. Will replying to this thread do for that? Thank you so much again for putting up with all of my questions!
cath
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:49 pm      Post subject:

Sure! You can also reach me at [email protected]. The Polish towns you listed are about three hours west of Jaryczow Nowy - a pretty straight shot. I was told my grandfather was from Czarny Dunajec. I was shocked to find his records in Jaryczow Nowy. To find him in the Greek Catholic Church was also surprising. Also, the LDS Family History Center's computers are what give you access to their photos of the church records. These records do not exist in genealogy collections anywhere else. They are microfilmed photos you browse through on the LDS computer. The photos are unindexed as of now.

IMG_6176.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  395.24 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

IMG_6176.JPG

cath
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:02 pm      Post subject:

http://www.ipgs.us/iwonad/surnames/namesO/namesOr.html#Orz Is the website that led to my discovery. You will see the other towns where your ancestors may have lived.
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:00 am      Post subject:

cath wrote:
That Michaels' father is Antonius. His mother is Frances, daughter of Casimir and Agnes Orlowski. Antonius's job (condition) is "teator" but i do not know what that translates to.
It is the Greek Catholic Church. All the records are online at your LDS center at 5401 St Joe Road. If you think you will go, I will tell you how to navigate their website to get to the records.

Dave & Cath,

If you don’t mind some unsolicited input…The status/condition/occupation of the father (Antoni) is tector, tectoris which has several meanings. He was a roofer or a plasterer or a tiler. The root of the word is tectum which means “roof” or “ceiling”, and is a substantive from the perfect participle of the verb tego, tegere, texi, tectum which means “to cover”. Hence the three occupations which all involve “covering”.

Hoping that you find the input useful,

Dave
cath
PolishOrigins Patron

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:08 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Dave! I was hoping someone would clarify that which I could not see! Much appreciated.
dorzechowicz

Post Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:10 pm      Post subject:

cath wrote:
Sure! You can also reach me at [email protected]. The Polish towns you listed are about three hours west of Jaryczow Nowy - a pretty straight shot. I was told my grandfather was from Czarny Dunajec. I was shocked to find his records in Jaryczow Nowy. To find him in the Greek Catholic Church was also surprising. Also, the LDS Family History Center's computers are what give you access to their photos of the church records. These records do not exist in genealogy collections anywhere else. They are microfilmed photos you browse through on the LDS computer. The photos are unindexed as of now.

Cath,

Very interesting and surprising information! I don't think that your "Michael" and my "Michal" are the same person, but even in Poland, I would imagine that people with the surname "Orzechowicz" must be somehow related! Seeing the relationship to people that "far" east of the little group of villages wherein I have so far found everything pertaining to that side of my family was surprising, but when you pointed out to me that the records are from a Greek Orthodox parish, you could have knocked me over with a feather! I've neither heard nor known of any religion on both sides of my family other than Roman Catholic, so this puts an interesting spin on future research!

I can't remember if I indicated this here or not, but I do have an older cousin who has been to Poland a couple of times, and has confirmed that my grandfather was born and lived in Potakowka, while his future wife was in Wrocanka (the one right next door to Potakowka--I found out that there is another Wrocanka a few km away as well).

Anyway, I'll check in before I head off to the library. I have some time off coming up around Thanksgiving and Christmas, so it will hopefully be sooner than I at first thought. Thanks again for keeping in touch and for all of your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to: