PolishOrigins Forum

 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
John Ploski
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Message
zefir454



Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Replies: 33
Location: Smolno Wielkie, Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:22 pm      Post subject: John Ploski
Reply with quote

I am looking for information about John Ploski, he came to the USA from Poland from the village of Budy Przysieki in October 20, 1910 . He was born in 1889 (he gave the year 1890) as the son of Franciszek and Rozalia née Kruk. I have a ship record, according to him he came to Wilmington Delaware to Wojciech Majerczak. Apparently he was there quite briefly. He moved to New York Binghampton ( Broomeshire)to Stan Białczak.
He came to the US as a bachelor. He was supposed to get married at a late age, I think around 1930.
Is there any chance to find anything about him?
I am sending both the documents I mentioned. Next document, line nr 21.



Jozef



john ploski 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  824.39 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

john ploski 1.png



john ploski.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  613.11 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

john ploski.png



_________________
Jozef- member of Lubus Genealogical Society
View user's profile
Send private message
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Replies: 2115
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:18 pm      Post subject: Re: John Ploski
Reply with quote

zefir454 wrote:
I am looking for information about John Ploski, he came to the USA from Poland from the village of Budy Przysieki in October 20, 1910 . He was born in 1889 (he gave the year 1890) as the son of Franciszek and Rozalia née Kruk. I have a ship record, according to him he came to Wilmington Delaware to Wojciech Majerczak. Apparently he was there quite briefly. He moved to New York Binghampton ( Broomeshire)to Stan Białczak.
He came to the US as a bachelor. He was supposed to get married at a late age, I think around 1930.
Is there any chance to find anything about him?
I am sending both the documents I mentioned. Next document, line nr 21.



Jozef


What do You want to find?

i found his baptism record and marriage record for his parents.

_________________
please remember that my translations are volunteering so whenever you want to send money remember that this is a gift, not a payment.
PAYPAL: [email protected]
View user's profile
Send private message
zefir454



Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Replies: 33
Location: Smolno Wielkie, Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:50 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

I'd like to find his marriage or death certificate here in the US. Record files about his ancestors I already have. I am looking for traces of his stay in the USA.

Jozef

_________________
Jozef- member of Lubus Genealogical Society
View user's profile
Send private message
Sophia



Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Replies: 460

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:20 am      Post subject: Re: John Ploski
Reply with quote

zefir454 wrote:
I am looking for information about John Ploski, he came to the USA from Poland from the village of Budy Przysieki in October 20, 1910 . He was born in 1889 (he gave the year 1890) as the son of Franciszek and Rozalia née Kruk. I have a ship record, according to him he came to Wilmington Delaware to Wojciech Majerczak. Apparently he was there quite briefly. He moved to New York Binghampton ( Broomeshire)to Stan Białczak.
He came to the US as a bachelor. He was supposed to get married at a late age, I think around 1930.
Is there any chance to find anything about him?
I am sending both the documents I mentioned. Next document, line nr 21.
Jozef


Hi,
Just a small detail. The ship record that you attached does not show him going to Wojciech Majerczak - - that is for the person on the next line. You need to read the name which is above the Wilmington address, and it is his cousin, Stan Bialczak.
This is confirmed by another area of the same ship manifest, a page for Detained Aliens. He is on line 6.
You should be able to find information from him on FamilySearch.org including census records, possibly a marriage record. If you have difficulty finding him there, let me know.
Best regards,
Sophia



PloskiJan.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  525.97 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

PloskiJan.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
zefir454



Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Replies: 33
Location: Smolno Wielkie, Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:07 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thank you very much. Perhaps there were two such men who came to the USA at that time. If I find nothing, then I will ask you for help. Best regards from Poland
Jozef

_________________
Jozef- member of Lubus Genealogical Society
View user's profile
Send private message
zefir454



Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Replies: 33
Location: Smolno Wielkie, Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:42 pm      Post subject: Re: John Ploski
Reply with quote

Sophia wrote:
zefir454 wrote:
I am looking for information about John Ploski, he came to the USA from Poland from the village of Budy Przysieki in October 20, 1910 . He was born in 1889 (he gave the year 1890) as the son of Franciszek and Rozalia née Kruk. I have a ship record, according to him he came to Wilmington Delaware to Wojciech Majerczak. Apparently he was there quite briefly. He moved to New York Binghampton ( Broomeshire)to Stan Białczak.
He came to the US as a bachelor. He was supposed to get married at a late age, I think around 1930.
Is there any chance to find anything about him?
I am sending both the documents I mentioned. Next document, line nr 21.
Jozef


Hi,
Just a small detail. The ship record that you attached does not show him going to Wojciech Majerczak - - that is for the person on the next line. You need to read the name which is above the Wilmington address, and it is his cousin, Stan Bialczak.
This is confirmed by another area of the same ship manifest, a page for Detained Aliens. He is on line 6.
You should be able to find information from him on FamilySearch.org including census records, possibly a marriage record. If you have difficulty finding him there, let me know.
Best regards,
Sophia


I give up! There are several parishes to check! I've checked a few for now and have nothing so far. The worst thing is I can't be sure I will find him.

_________________
Jozef- member of Lubus Genealogical Society
View user's profile
Send private message
lindqm2



Joined: 12 Jan 2020
Replies: 41

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:17 pm      Post subject: Re: John Ploski
Reply with quote

I took this on as a fun challenge/project the past two days and spent several hours searching all the John Ploski's in the States born around 1890 in Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org

I found Stanislaus Bialczak right away (he was easy to find, unlike John) in the 1925, 1930, and 1940 censuses (In Binghamton, NY). He married to Thekla Czysci in 1913 and had one child Stella. He passed away in 1945 https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/85321568

I looked for John Ploski's (and several different spellings of that last name) married in the 1930s and didn't find any that were a good fit. I even checked all the WWI draft cards hoping to find Budy listed in one of them.

This is a long shot, but I found a John Ploski that married a Anna Mackisivitz on 08Nov1914 in Lawrence Massachusetts. He lived in Chelsea, Massachusetts and he passed away 31Dec1950. They had 3 children between 1915 & 1919, the first two sadly died in infancy. Regina "Virginia" Ploski was born 19Jul1919, but I can't find anything further on her.

However, on the marriage record is says his Father's name is Wojcisch (not Frank) and his mother is Jarzen Bkoska. Sad
The 2 "k"s in the mother's last name caught my eye and the "z" in her first name. Maybe this was a typed document that may have been transcribed from a handwritten document? Judging on the unusual spelling of the Bride's maiden name, I'm thinking the records aren't 100% accurate?

This same John Ploski said he was born in Ciscisrsk 24Jun1890. I think the parish he would have been born in was Krasnosielc? Could that be a phonetic transcription of someone hearing it verbally that doesn't know Polish? Also, the WWI draft card for this John Ploski has no city listed.

Also, surprisingly, this family is not on any other family trees in ancestry.com, so I couldn't confirm or deny anything going that route either.

This guy IS hard to find! If this isn't him, I give up too. Haha. Thanks for the fun search project though! Very Happy



Ploski Marriage.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.36 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Ploski Marriage.JPG



Naturalization.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  427.39 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Naturalization.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Sophia



Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Replies: 460

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:42 pm      Post subject: Re: John Ploski
Reply with quote

lindqm2 wrote:
I took this on as a fun challenge/project the past two days and spent several hours searching all the John Ploski's in the States born around 1890 in Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org

I found Stanislaus Bialczak right away (he was easy to find, unlike John) in the 1925, 1930, and 1940 censuses (In Binghamton, NY). He married to Thekla Czysci in 1913 and had one child Stella. He passed away in 1945 https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/85321568

I looked for John Ploski's (and several different spellings of that last name) married in the 1930s and didn't find any that were a good fit. I even checked all the WWI draft cards hoping to find Budy listed in one of them.

This is a long shot, but I found a John Ploski that married a Anna Mackisivitz on 08Nov1914 in Lawrence Massachusetts. He lived in Chelsea, Massachusetts and he passed away 31Dec1950. They had 3 children between 1915 & 1919, the first two sadly died in infancy. Regina "Virginia" Ploski was born 19Jul1919, but I can't find anything further on her.

However, on the marriage record is says his Father's name is Wojcisch (not Frank) and his mother is Jarzen Bkoska. Sad
The 2 "k"s in the mother's last name caught my eye and the "z" in her first name. Maybe this was a typed document that may have been transcribed from a handwritten document? Judging on the unusual spelling of the Bride's maiden name, I'm thinking the records aren't 100% accurate?

This same John Ploski said he was born in Ciscisrsk 24Jun1890. I think the parish he would have been born in was Krasnosielc? Could that be a phonetic transcription of someone hearing it verbally that doesn't know Polish? Also, the WWI draft card for this John Ploski has no city listed.

Also, surprisingly, this family is not on any other family trees in ancestry.com, so I couldn't confirm or deny anything going that route either.

This guy IS hard to find! If this isn't him, I give up too. Haha. Thanks for the fun search project though! Very Happy


Hi,
I looked at that same marriage of John and Anna and thought there are probably too many differences from the John Ploski who Jozef is looking for.
Would you be able to post the census images for Stanislaw Bialczak? In particular, I cannot access the 1925 New York census. But if you could post all 3 of them, it makes it easier to compare them side-by-side.
Not quite ready to give up this search!
Thanks!
Sophia
View user's profile
Send private message
zefir454



Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Replies: 33
Location: Smolno Wielkie, Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:09 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thank you lindqm2 for your efforts, but unfortunately it's not him. He sailed from Hamburg and not from Bremen, the year of birth or the place does not match. We will see maybe someone will find his trail. It's still a great challenge.
View user's profile
Send private message
zefir454



Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Replies: 33
Location: Smolno Wielkie, Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:17 pm      Post subject: Re: John Ploski
Reply with quote

Sophia wrote:
lindqm2 wrote:
I took this on as a fun challenge/project the past two days and spent several hours searching all the John Ploski's in the States born around 1890 in Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org

I found Stanislaus Bialczak right away (he was easy to find, unlike John) in the 1925, 1930, and 1940 censuses (In Binghamton, NY). He married to Thekla Czysci in 1913 and had one child Stella. He passed away in 1945 https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/85321568

I looked for John Ploski's (and several different spellings of that last name) married in the 1930s and didn't find any that were a good fit. I even checked all the WWI draft cards hoping to find Budy listed in one of them.

This is a long shot, but I found a John Ploski that married a Anna Mackisivitz on 08Nov1914 in Lawrence Massachusetts. He lived in Chelsea, Massachusetts and he passed away 31Dec1950. They had 3 children between 1915 & 1919, the first two sadly died in infancy. Regina "Virginia" Ploski was born 19Jul1919, but I can't find anything further on her.

However, on the marriage record is says his Father's name is Wojcisch (not Frank) and his mother is Jarzen Bkoska. Sad
The 2 "k"s in the mother's last name caught my eye and the "z" in her first name. Maybe this was a typed document that may have been transcribed from a handwritten document? Judging on the unusual spelling of the Bride's maiden name, I'm thinking the records aren't 100% accurate?

This same John Ploski said he was born in Ciscisrsk 24Jun1890. I think the parish he would have been born in was Krasnosielc? Could that be a phonetic transcription of someone hearing it verbally that doesn't know Polish? Also, the WWI draft card for this John Ploski has no city listed.

Also, surprisingly, this family is not on any other family trees in ancestry.com, so I couldn't confirm or deny anything going that route either.

This guy IS hard to find! If this isn't him, I give up too. Haha. Thanks for the fun search project though! Very Happy


Hi,
I looked at that same marriage of John and Anna and thought there are probably too many differences from the John Ploski who Jozef is looking for.
Would you be able to post the census images for Stanislaw Bialczak? In particular, I cannot access the 1925 New York census. But if you could post all 3 of them, it makes it easier to compare them side-by-side.
Not quite ready to give up this search!
Thanks!
Sophia


I just thought that John Ploski could live where Stanley Bialczak is in Johnsons City, Broom County. This is only a hypothesis but it is worth checking it out. Did Johnsons City have a parish?

_________________
Jozef- member of Lubus Genealogical Society
View user's profile
Send private message
lindqm2



Joined: 12 Jan 2020
Replies: 41

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:53 pm      Post subject: Re: John Ploski
Reply with quote

Sophia wrote:

Hi,
I looked at that same marriage of John and Anna and thought there are probably too many differences from the John Ploski who Jozef is looking for.
Would you be able to post the census images for Stanislaw Bialczak? In particular, I cannot access the 1925 New York census. But if you could post all 3 of them, it makes it easier to compare them side-by-side.
Not quite ready to give up this search!
Thanks!
Sophia


I had to re-size them in order to upload. Hopefully they are still clear enough. Smile



1940 Census Bialczak_a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.18 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1940 Census Bialczak_a.jpg



1925 Census Bialczak_a.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.7 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1925 Census Bialczak_a.jpg



1930 Census Bialczak.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.74 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1930 Census Bialczak.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
lindqm2



Joined: 12 Jan 2020
Replies: 41

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:06 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

The only Ploski in Binghamton for any year in the "City Directories" is a Frank J Ploski in 1953: driver for Lucas Dist Co r139 Hudson. I think Hudson is the street?
View user's profile
Send private message
zefir454



Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Replies: 33
Location: Smolno Wielkie, Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:35 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

lindqm2 wrote:
The only Ploski in Binghamton for any year in the "City Directories" is a Frank J Ploski in 1953: driver for Lucas Dist Co r139 Hudson. I think Hudson is the street?


He would be 63 then, rather not him. I check wedding indexes so that I can find something!

_________________
Jozef- member of Lubus Genealogical Society
View user's profile
Send private message
zefir454



Joined: 29 Aug 2013
Replies: 33
Location: Smolno Wielkie, Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:39 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

I found the marriage record not of John Ploski but of Stanisław Płoski. Who knows, maybe this lead will lead us somewhere?


st.ploski 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  617.82 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

st.ploski 1.jpg



_________________
Jozef- member of Lubus Genealogical Society
View user's profile
Send private message
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Replies: 1948
Location: Michigan City, Indiana

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:18 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

zefir454 wrote:
I found the marriage record not of John Ploski but of Stanisław Płoski. Who knows, maybe this lead will lead us somewhere?


Hi,

There was a Polish R.C. parish, St. Stanislaus Kostka, a very short distance from Downs Avenue, where both the bride and the groom resided. That is most likely the parish where the marriage took place. The parish merged with several other parishes and is now known as Holy Trinity. Perhaps some useful info could be obtained by contacting the parish (They still have a Mass celebrated in Polish once a month.) Here is a link to the parish https://www.syracusediocese.org/find-a-parish/display/23 The parish had a cemetery (St. Stanislaus) which may also possibly have some info which could aid your research,

Wishing you success,

Dave
View user's profile
Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB ©

© 2020 COPYRIGHTS BY THE OWNER OF POLISHORIGINS.COM