PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 58

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:11 pm      Post subject: Parish? Morzyslaw, Grojec

There are two cities near Konin that I want to look for records and I'm wondering which parish to look in.

1. Morzyslaw - I think this is in the parish Goslawice, but I'm not finding what I'm looking for, so I'm wondering if Morzyslaw-Kolonia is different?

2. Grojec - what parish is this? Just East of Konin.

Thank you in advance!

Grojec.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.11 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Grojec.JPG

Kim K

Replies: 39

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:30 pm      Post subject:

I don't have an official book of Parishes but looking at the city/town info for Grójec there is a really old church listed as the
Parish of St. Nicholas the Bishop, Decant of Grójec, Archdiocese of Warsaw
Parafia św. Mikołaja Biskupa w Grójcu
https://archidiecezja.warszawa.pl/parafie/grojec-sw-mikolaja-biskupa/

Morzysław is listed as a district of Konin (once an outside village), although the Google location appears to be landing near where Morzysław-Kolonia is listed. My brain isn't reading the wiki.pl too well on that one to get you the history there and it does not appear in the archdiocese search for parishes/churches. Good luck.

Edit: It's late, I can't read straight. The pl.Wiki for Morzysław notes a Kościół św. Wojciecha w Koninie (Church of St. Adalbert) built 1905-1914 but there was an earlier structure. This lies a bit East of where you were looking. If that is not it, it may be another town/district nearer to this area.

-Kim
michalg

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:29 am      Post subject:

Hello,

I'm new here and I'm from Poland. I have a big experience in the subject of Polish genealogy, so I will try to help you.

As for your question, according to the Polish 1877 dictionary, Morzysław was the seat of Roman Catholic parish in the 19th century. The village of Grójec belonged to Morzysław parish as well. Today Morzysław parish records are kept in Poznań State Archives Konin Branch. The following yearbooks are available:

B.1797-1807, 1809, 1813, 1815-1904, 1906-1916
M.1797-1807, 1809, 1815-1904, 1906-1916
D. 1797-1807, 1809, 1813, 1815-1877, 1879-1904, 1906-1916

Michał
lindqm2

Post Posted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:19 am      Post subject:

I'm trying to crack the case of some Kozlowski's that are a DNA match to me and how they fit in my tree. This helps a ton!

Thank you both so much!!
michalg

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:35 am      Post subject:

Morzysław records from 1815-1865, 1879-1912 are digitalized - you can find them in the Polish archival database of SzukajwArchiwach. Also, another set of scanned yearbooks (originally kept in Włocławek Diocesan Archives) is available also in FHL.
lindqm2

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:17 am      Post subject:

michalg wrote:
Morzysław records from 1815-1865, 1879-1912 are digitalized - you can find them in the Polish archival database of SzukajwArchiwach. Also, another set of scanned yearbooks (originally kept in Włocławek Diocesan Archives) is available also in FHL.

Thank you for that info. What is FHL? I don't know about that site.

I looked on SzukajwArchiwach and found 5 baptisms for the children of Hilary Kozlowski and Franciska Krajewski (her last name was listed as Kasparzak on two of he children's marriage records in the US, but Hilary is not a very common name so I'm sure it's them). I want to find Hilary and Franciska's marriage record, but they would have been married in that missing window of 1870 to 1878.

I'm a distant DNA match (11cM) to a decedent of that couple. I'm thinking that Hilary is a brother or cousin of my 3rd Great Grandfather Wawrzyniec Kozlowski who was married to Marianna Sikorski. I found 2 more children for them in Morzyslaw too! I'm still looking for their marriage record as well, but I think it might be back in Kurchary Koscielne (where they had 7 children) and those dates aren't online (1880 or earlier).
michalg

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:26 am      Post subject:

I meant Family History Library. Please see the links below:

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/19715?availability=Family%20History%20Library

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/19715?availability=Family%20History%20Library
lindqm2

Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:32 am      Post subject:

michalg wrote:
I meant Family History Library. Please see the links below:

Oh, Got it! Thank you! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: