PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:15 pm      Post subject: Ossolinski, Jablonowski, Miaczynski

Hello,

I'm researching my Ossolinski line. The connection is a maternal great grandmother with this surname, from Warzyce. This line of the family also comes from Hermanowa. Blazowa has also been found in records. All 3 villages are near each other. My great grandmother's father had a horse farm in Warzyce, he inherited land I believe. I only have parish records going back to the late 1700s, early 1800s.

I know the Ossolinski family was a magnate szlachta family, with documented history going back to the 14th century. I do believe I'm biologically connected to this family. However, it's very difficult to find documentation before the late 1700s.

I'm registered on all the DNA sites; Ancestry, FTDNA, 23andme, MyHeritage. I have an Ossolinski family tree for direct descendants from Jan, who lived in the 14th c. that was researched by a descendant. I don't know of its accuracy, but it's very useful. Through my DNA (in addition to some other Ossolinskis that are not of my known direction line, and therefore the connection is before 1700s) I have 5th-8th cousin connections to a few other surnames that appear on this tree: Jablonowski, Miaczynski, and Zborowski. To me, this further confirms a biological connection to this main Ossolinski family somehow. I can even deduct a probably direct Ossolinski ancestor by triangulating these names on this tree.

However, this male Ossolinski ancestor, who was married to a Jablonowski, it noted as having no children. As history has told, not every child is recorded (illegitimate), not even in noble families, for various reasons. I am wondering if these two DID have a child that was passed to someone else in the family to raise. I have no idea where to begin to find out, or to further find the connection to Ossolinski family. These two lived in Vienna, Austria, as many nobles did in that time.

I also have DNA connections to Leszczyński, but this surname is not on the tree. There is a marriage connection with this family via Anna Jablonowska (1660-1727), from what I found.

Another interesting tidbit is that my DNA make-up includes German and French, however, there is absolutely no known ancestry on either side of my family to these countries. I do have some German connections on the DNA site. The closest I can think of is that it's through this line, as people married others in these countries for alliances purposes.

If anyone has information on any of these family surnames, or advice on where I go from here, please be in touch Smile

Many thanks!
Wally1049

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:06 am      Post subject: Ossolinski / Osolnick

This would be a variation of the name you seek especially in Northeast Pa where both names show up
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: