PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:27 am      Post subject: Karczewski/Dzieklinska/Greniewicz

I am looking for information on the following people:
Jan Karczewski (my Great-Grandfather) born October 12 1886 in Utliwiki (Otliwki), Wilno, Poland.
Jan’s wife (my Great-Grandfather’s first wife; no relation to me). I think her name may have been Maria and she may have been born in 1892.

And their children:
Leokadia Karczewska (my Great-Aunt) born 1923; died September 18 1940.
Helena Karczewska (my Great-Aunt) born June 11 1925 in Kijów, Rosja (now Kiev, Ukraine).
Henryk Karczewski (my Great-Uncle) born July 26 1927 in Wilno, Poland.
Teresa Karczewska (my Great-Aunt) born November 29 1929 (or October 6 1929) in Majsiejonki, Wilno, Poland.
Zdzislaw Karczewski (my Great-Uncle) born June 24 1935 in Kamianny Jez, Wilno, Poland.

Jan’s father’s name was Apolinary Karczewski; I’m assuming he died before World War 2.

Jan had some cousins from Wilno too; Ryszard Karczewski (born 1892), Janina Karczewska (born 1901), Olympia Karczewska and Leokadija Karczewska. Their father’s name was Telesfor Karczewski (born 1822). I am in touch with a DNA relative, who is my forth cousin, and I have worked it out so that it looks like Jan’s father and Telesfor’s father were brothers. Ryszard was married to a woman called Anna and Janina married a man called Adam Szymakowski. Janina and Adam lived in Buffalo, New York and had three children.

Jan, Maria and their children and Ryszard and Anna were deported from the Vileyka district in 1940 (after the Soviet invasion) and were taken to Arkhangelsk, Russia.

Maria and Leokadia both died in Russia. The rest of the family survived and were eventually taken to Persia. The family was resettled in Tehran Camp, Iran in 1942. The family was then moved to Tengeru Camp, Tanganyika (Tanzania).

Jan had two children with a woman called Ludwika Dzieklińska (Greniewicz) (my Great-Grandmother); Antoni Alfred Karczewski (my Great-Uncle) born September 12 1946 and Richard (or Ryszard) Karczewski (My Grandfather) born January 10 or 12 1948 (both children were born in Tengeru Camp).

Ludwika was born February 2 1905 in Taciewo, Bialystok, Podlaskie, Poland; she was registered in Jeleniewo Parish. Ludwika’s father’s name was Antoni Dziekliński and her mother’s name was Ewa Rukść (Ruksij)

Antoni and Ewa had four other children; Aleksander (born 1899), Franciszka (born 1902), Magdalena (born 1908) and Stanislaw (born 1912). I don’t know what happened to Ludwika’s parents or siblings.

Ludwika was possibly married twice; I know nothing about her first marriage but I know some information about her second marriage. Her second husband’s name was Boleslaw Greniewicz (Gryniewicz) and she had a son called Zdzislaw. It is possible that she had children with her first husband too. Throughout the marriages, I think she still remained in Podlaskie; she lived in Suwałki.

Boleslaw Greniewicz was born in 1903; his father was called Andrzej. And Zdzislaw was born in 1938. Boleslaw died in Russia May 27 1942 and I don’t know what happened to Zdzislaw.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Jane Karczewski
Send e-mail
zefir454

Replies: 48

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:49 pm      Post subject:

Hi!
The village of Otliwki in those years belonged to the parish of Dokszyce until 1929. Unfortunately, there are no metrics that interest you. However, I found the birth certificate of Ludwika Dzieklińska. She was really born on January 27, 1905. There is an annotation on the side that she married Bolesław Żyliński on January 25, 1927. Antoni and Ewa had 5 children: Aleksander born. 1899, Franciszka born 1902, Ludwika born 1905, Magdalena born 1908 and Stanisław born on 1912. I have birth records of Aleksander, Franciszka and Stanisław. Unfortunately, there is no Magdalena birth record.
I will send the remaining birth records tomorrow.

Jozef

nr 15.png
 Description:
Ludwika's birth certificate.
 Filesize:  868.01 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

nr 15.png

zefir454

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:57 pm      Post subject:

Further metrics in the order: Stanisław, Franciszka, Aleksander.

Jozef

stanisław 1912.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  433.75 KB

stanisław 1912.jpg

franciszka 1902.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.16 MB

franciszka 1902.png

aleksander 1899.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  417.81 KB

aleksander 1899.png

JaneKarczewski01

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:01 am      Post subject: Thank you!

Thank you so much!

Is there anyway that you would be able to help me translate them please? I don’t speak/read polish.
Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:04 am      Post subject: Re: Thank you!

JaneKarczewski01 wrote:
Thank you so much!

Is there anyway that you would be able to help me translate them please? I don’t speak/read polish.

I can translate these documents.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:43 am      Post subject:

zefir454 wrote:
Hi!
The village of Otliwki in those years belonged to the parish of Dokszyce until 1929. Unfortunately, there are no metrics that interest you. However, I found the birth certificate of Ludwika Dzieklińska. She was really born on January 27, 1905. There is an annotation on the side that she married Bolesław Żyliński on January 25, 1927. Antoni and Ewa had 5 children: Aleksander born. 1899, Franciszka born 1902, Ludwika born 1905, Magdalena born 1908 and Stanisław born on 1912. I have birth records of Aleksander, Franciszka and Stanisław. Unfortunately, there is no Magdalena birth record.
I will send the remaining birth records tomorrow.

Jozef

Nr 15
Taciewo

Ludwika Dzieklińska

left margin note: Shhe married Bolesław Żyliński on 25th January 1927

It happened in church village* Jeleniewo on 15th/28th January, at 3 p.m.
Appeared in person: Antoni Dziekliński, farmer, 47 years old, living in Taciewo, in the presence of Stanisław Szypulski, 40 years old and Jan Sikorski, 40 years old, farmers living in Taciewo and presented Us a female child, born yesterday in Taciewo, at 6 p.m., with his legal wife Ewa nee Rukść, 35 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today by the priest Józef Kat...(can't read) the child was given the name Ludwika and the godparents were: Stanisław Szypulski and Magdalena Rowińska.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses, all illiterate and signed by Us only.

Signature of the parish priest.

*church village: village situated on parish grounds.

Last edited by marcelproust on Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:59 am      Post subject:

zefir454 wrote:
Further metrics in the order: Stanisław, Franciszka, Aleksander.

Jozef

Nr 17
Taciewo
Stanisław Dziekliński

Left margin notes:
He married Stefania Mościńska in Jeleniewo church on 14th February 1939.

Died on 2nd October 1993 in Gołdap
Death record located in Gołdap Registry Office, number 131/1993

Jeleniewo, 15th October 1993, Red rubber stamp: Head of The Registry Office: Helena Golubek

It happened in the village Jeleniewo on 16th/29th January 1912, at 2 p.m. Appeared in person: Antoni Dziekliński, farmer, 50 years old, living in Taciewo, in the presence of Stanisław Szypulski, 30 years old and Andrzej Szypulski, 50 years old, farmers living in Taciewo and presented Us a male child, born yesterday in Taciewo, at 3 p.m., with his legal wife Ewa nee Rukścio*, 38 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today by the priest Antoni Raduszys?? the child was given the name Stanisław and the godparents were: Stanisław Szypulski and Władysława Łapińska.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses, all illiterate and was signed by Us.

Priest;s signature, serving as Civil Registrar.

* In the previous document the surname was written Rukść. Here: Rukścio

Nr 83

Taciewo

Franciszka Dzieklińska

It happened in the church village Jeleniewo on 16th/29th April 1902, at 4 p.m.
Appeared in person Antoni Dziekliński, farmer, 40 years old, living in Taciewo, in the presence of Stanisław Szypulski, 40 years old and Jan Miler, 50 years old, farmers living in Taciewo and presented us a female child, informing that the child was born yesterday in Taciewo, at 10 p.m., with his legal wife Ewa nee Rukść, 36 years old.
At The Holy baptism, held today by the priest Dominik Kijewski, the child was given the name Franciszka and the godparents were: Andrzej Szypulski and Franciszka Stankiewicz.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses, all illiterate and was signed by us only.

Signature of the parish parson.

Nr 127

Taciewo

Aleksander Dziekliński

It happened in the church village Jeleniewo on 4th/16th August 1899, at 3 p.m.
Appeared in person Antoni Dziekliński, farmer, 40 years old, living in Taciewo, in the presence of Antoni Sipulski, 60 years old and Tomasz Rowiński, 50 years old, farmers living in Taciewo and presented us a male child, informing that the child was born yesterday in Taciewo, at 3 p.m., with his legal wife Ewa nee Rukść, 30 years old.
At The Holy baptism, held today by the priest Julian Żelewicz, the child was given the name Aleksander and the godparents were: Józef Sipulski and Stefania Sikorska.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses, all illiterate and was signed by us only.

Signature of the parish parson.

JaneKarczewski01

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:49 pm      Post subject: Thank you!!

Thank you so much!!!!
Send e-mail
zefir454

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:52 pm      Post subject:

Unfortunately, I can't find anything more. There are birth and marriage records on familysearch but these are key files. Available only in the Family Center.
Best regards
Jozef

JaneKarczewski01

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:51 pm      Post subject:

Thank you so much for your help!
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in the USA and in other countries outside Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: