PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 97

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:47 pm      Post subject: Many successes all of a sudden.

It has been a few months since I have given an update on the genealogical paper trail of my family.I have been able to track both on the paternal and maternal sides of the family with remarkable success back to my great great grandparents. I have birth records, the name of siblings, naturalization records and a very clear picture of where my grandparents went once the came to the USA.

I have the names of relatives and even a very well developed GEDCOM file (1500+ plus names) from a great great nephew in Poland. I have many surnames to trace out.

My great nephew Anthony Smyrski of Philadelphia, has just come back from Poland. While he was there he sent me images of the very spot my grandmother was born. It is now sporting an orchard. I also have many family pictures to go with the names and digital copies of letters sent from Poland to the USA just after WWII.

God is blessing me with this. We have no children but my siblings and cousins do. I will be able to keep my mother and father's names alive with this. I have everything digitized, backed up and burned on to DVD even though I am not finished yet. I have sent copies these records and info to old and young of the family with the full results of my extensive DNA testing results.

So far the only missing close relative link is that of my maternal grandmother Anna Kukielka. She is recorded as coming from two places. Karow, Galicia which as I understand it is just over the Polish/Ukranian border. Now Kariv, Sokal′, L′viv, Ukraine. She arrived in the US with her siblings, Anna, Ladislaus, Jozef and Marya on December 7th, 1907. Brrrrr. These are important links to follow up on. I will find that side of the family also, Lord willing.

It is amazing to me that all of this came all of a sudden in less than one year! You all here have been very kind and helpful to a great degree and I extend my deepest gratitude and appreciation for that to you. This site is an extremely valuable resource. For those who are searching> Don't give up. Stick with it. You will find.

Staś
Stanley Petrowski

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
CatMom

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:09 am      Post subject: Anna (Schnerch) Kukielka

Hello Stanley -

My great grandmother's sister, Anna Schnerch, was born 2 Nov 1882 in Kariv. She married Karol Kukielka born 7 Feb 1867. She was his second wife. His passenger manifest in 1905 lists his last residence as Uhnow, which is very close to Kariv.

Anna (Schnerch) Kukielka immigrated to the US on Dec 7, 1907 on the Koln with her stepson, Wladislaus b. 1897, and her two children, Jozef b. 1903, and Marya b. 1905. The birthplace for all four is listed as Karow. Their destination is Jersey City, NJ, and their listed next of kin, is my great grandmother, Carolina (Schnerch) Sehn in Uhnow.

My great grandmother had a daughter and a step-brother who immigrated to the US, a son and daughter who immigrated to immigrated to Montreal. All kept in contact with "Aunt Kukielka" and visited when they could. I attended a family reunion for the family in 2015.

Alex
Alex Luken
singingfalls
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 97

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:44 pm      Post subject:

Hello Alex,
Anna Kukielka, my maternal grandmother, was born in SE Poland called in an area called Bukowina. She married Wojciech Wlaź and lived in Luchów Górny. Here is the record of her birth:

METRYKA URODZENIA ANNA KUKIEŁKA /z KUKIEŁKÓW/
wpis nr 143
Wydarzyło się to w miejscowości Tarnogród 25.07.1887rok o godzinie 18.00 /po południu/. Pojawił się JÓZEF KUKIEŁKA mieszkający we wsi BUKOWINIE /26 lat od urodzenia/ , obecni byli Franciszek Koncowicz /45 lat/ i Wawrzyniec Kożuszek /32 lat/ oboje, dwaj rolnicy mieszkający we wsi Bukowina. Przedstawił nam niemowlę płci żeńskiej. Oświadczył, że ona urodziła się we wsi Bukowina wczoraj /czyli 24 lipiec/o 8.00 rano tego roku, z jego ślubnej żony Katarzyna Kożuszek / z Kożuszków /38 lata od urodzenia/. Niemowlęciu temu przy Świętym Krzyżu /na chrzcie/ nadano imię Anna. Rodzicami chrzestnymi byli Franciszek Koncowicz i Marianna Kukiełkowa. Akt ten informującemu i świadkom odczytano i podpisano. Ksiądz Polaczek

Record of Birth Anna Kukielka / Kukielkow
entry # 143
It happened in the town of Tarnogród 25/07/1887 the year at 18.00 / afternoon /. Appeared Jożef Kukielka who lives in the village of Bukovina / 26 years of birth /, attended Francis Koncowicz / 45 years / and Lawrence Kożuszek / 32 years / oboes, two farmers living in the village of Bukovina. He presented us with a baby female. He stated that she was born in the village of Bukovina yesterday / or July 24 / at 8:00 am this year, with his wife Catherine wedding Kożuszek / from buffy coats / 38 years from the birth /. Infant ago at Holy Cross / baptismal / was named Anna. Godparents were Francis Koncowicz and Marianna Kukielka. This act informującemu and witnesses read and signed. priest Polaczek

Alex, have you done dna testing? If so with what company? I have tested with FamilyTreeDNA and Ancestry. The would be the best way to determine if we were related.
All the best,
Stan

birth_record_Anna_Kukielka.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  954.97 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

birth_record_Anna_Kukielka.jpg

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: