PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:20 pm      Post subject: Need help in Warsaw - long term lodging

I will be moving to Warsaw, Poland this fall, date not yet set, for a long stay, and if things work out, for good. I will need a furnished apartment with one bedroom, with full size bed, and a kitchen, and a living room, with everything furnished, included phone, cable, utilites, and internet, and not high end price, for just one person.
On my last visit I took a place like this, that was very nice, and a fair price, on Hoza Street, and would like to be in that area again. I don't think I care for the Old Town area, since it has way to much foot trafic.
If you can please help me, pleas do so.

Valpomike
valpomike

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:24 pm      Post subject:

Please is there nobody out there that can help me on this?

Valpomike
Bill Rushin
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 311

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:32 pm      Post subject:

valpomike wrote:
Please is there nobody out there that can help me on this?Valpomike

I'd just log on to several online newspapers in Warsaw, they have current ads for this + job offers.
Send e-mail
carolt71

Replies: 63

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:22 pm      Post subject:

I saw your post and don't know if I can, however, we went to poland findmy family, see the country in adopting. Please excuse mistakes however I am disabled and must use a word recognition system for my computer. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Anyway, my relatives sublet an apartment while we were there and it was very nice.. Oh can ask my cousin who she contacted. Also might have been emailing several people and made a will have some suggestions. I will send info. I hope he will write to you because we have not performed in quail wall. Let me know you hear from him. Name is Michael. Good luck carol scroll down from one of the scroll down and
Send e-mail
valpomike

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:36 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much, and will await more information on this.
Have a great day, and God Bless you and yours.

Valpomike
James
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 226

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:27 pm      Post subject: Warsaw rental

Hi valpomike,

Try logging on to www.warsawvoice.pl . It is a "Free " site.
There is a "Real Estate " section that has rentals in various cities, along with homes for sale all over Poland.
You may find something there.

James
valpomike

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:22 am      Post subject:

James,

Thank you very much, but if you also checked, you will know, this does not look to be any help for me. Please advise, if I am in error.

Valpomike
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:40 pm      Post subject:

Valpomike,

I'm not sure if this will help, but try an internet search of "Warsaw holiday apartments" or "Warsaw self-catering apartments." Mainly for holiday travel, but you might find that some of the owners will deal with you for a lower rent because of your length of stay.

Another option is to search "Expat Poland" and you will find several sites dedicated to people living abroad in Poland. They would be a most excellent resource for you.

Also, if you have not already posted a similar request on TripAdvisor.com, I think you will find help there. I joined the site before my trip first trip to Poland and there are many people on that site who live in Poland and provided very helpful info for finding short and long term lodging.

Please let us know if this info helps you so others may benefit from your experience.
Best of luck to you!
valpomike

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:49 pm      Post subject:

With the Euro, rates went sky high, I guess, I will have to wait for more information after this is over.
We all know rates go down in the fall and winter.

Valpomike
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:12 pm      Post subject:

valpomike wrote:
With the Euro, rates went sky high, I guess, I will have to wait for more information after this is over.
We all know rates go down in the fall and winter.

Valpomike

Mike,

I'm not sure I understand what you meant. Are you talking about rental rates or currency exchange rates? When I looked at the exchange rate this morning, the Euro was strong in Poland..... 1 Euro = 4.3 Zloty.

Oh! I see you are talking about the Euro soccer games.

Last edited by Shellie on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:53 am      Post subject:

By Euro, he meant most probably the soccer championships, and higher prices for visitors.
Most known site where you can find a flat for rent is Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com/search?q=&search_location=poland&category=flats-houses&search_scope=title or more offerings prefiltered by me (1 or 2 room flats) for polish speaking http://warszawa.gumtree.pl/f-Nieruchomosci-pokoje-do-wynajecia-W0QQAQ5fNumberRoomsZ2Q2c10QQAdTypeZ2QQCatIdZ9000
valpomike

Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:11 pm      Post subject:

sirdan,

Thank you, but like I said, I will have to wait until after the Euro is over, and rates go back to what they should be, and I won't be there until this fall anyway.

Valpomike

Jump to: