PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 103

Post Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:09 pm      Post subject: Parents of Martinus Braciszewski

My gggrandfather, Martinus Braciszewski was born in 1824. He married Cecelia Koteras in 1849,Slawno,Wielkopoloskie,Poland.
I am looking for HIS father and mother,esp.the father. Also if there were any siblings.
Any information would be a bonus,as I am trying to go backward in the family tree. I am thinking Martinus ' father was born or died in Sanniki or Slawno wielkopolskie Poland.
I have searched everywhere and cannot find his 1st names or any sibs .
He ,(they ) would be my ggggrandparents,probably from the 1700's.
Please help me if you can with anything about anyone of them.
Kind regards,
Marie
Send e-mail
deidre

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:48 pm      Post subject: Martinus Braciszewski born 1824 in Slawno (?) Wielkopolskie,

Searching any name,place .person ,where born,death place,parents,or sblings.
Seeking especially on or before 1824.Desperate.
Any information you could give me to help find any or above.
Kind regards.. Marie Braciszewski Jusko (deidre)
Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:58 pm      Post subject: Re: Martinus Braciszewski born 1824 in Slawno (?) Wielkopols

deidre wrote:

Martinus parents should be mentioned in the 1849 marriage record. Did You try to order it in Kielce State Archives at the following email address?
[email protected]

how do you know that Martinus was born in 1824?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
deidre

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:31 pm      Post subject: Martinus Braciszewski

I calcuiated his age and Ceceylia's via marriage certificate through the Poznan Project .
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:55 pm      Post subject: Re: Martinus Braciszewski born 1824 in Slawno (?) Wielkopols

deidre wrote:

Hi Marie,

Desperation is not usually a good or productive thing. However, a lady in distress does bring forth chivalrous acts from some men. Hence the rest of this post.

Marcin Braciszewski was born in Sanniki and baptized in the parish church of Pobiedziska. Here is the link to the attached record: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSM8-Q3DB-D?i=422&cat=31486
Here is the translation: Left Margin: Sanniki on the 15th day of October (1824)
Body of Entry: Rev. Andrzej Werinowicz(?), the vicar, baptized an infant by the name of Marcin, born at the 8th hour after noon on the 14 day of the same (month and year) of the legitimate marriage of the industrious* Tomasz Braciszewski, a servant, and of Barbara née Pogorzelak. The sponsors were the industrious* Walenty Kujawa and Maryanna Owczakoska, both from Sanniki.
The Poznan Project has a listing for what very possibly are his parents (cf. attachment).

Cecylia Koteras was born in Dziećmiarki and was baptized in the parish church of Sławno. Here is the link to the attached record: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSVF-QQ8T-H?i=881&cat=735404
Here is the translation: Left Margin Dziećmiarki (#) 78 Tim
Body of Entry: In the Year of Our Lord 1822 on the 21st day of the month of October, I, as above, baptized an infant by the name of Cecylia, born on the 19th day of October, the daughter of the legitimate marriage of the industrious* Stefan/Szczepan Koteras and of Katarzyna Tim**. The sponsors were Katarzyna Łazynska, a tavern/inn/public house keeper from Dziećmiarki and Wawrzyniec Bulnanski, a blacksmith from Sławno.

Notes: *laboriosus/industrious: a general term for a peasant.
**Tim: can also be spelled Tym or Timm or Tymm

Since the maiden name of Cecylia’s mother was scratched out and written over I looked for two of her siblings in order to confirm the maiden name. They are Agnieszka & Stanisław. Here is the link to Agnieszka (Dec. 8 & 19, 1824) https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSVF-QQXW-L?i=896&cat=735404 (image 897) and here is the link for Stanisław (April 19 & 25, 1827) https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSVF-QQXW-L?i=896&cat=735404 (image 913)

Records for both Sławno and Pobiedziska are available on Family Search although not all records for those parishes have been digitized yet and some have the restriction that they must be viewed at a Family History Center or affiliated library. The records for Wiry must be viewed at a Fam. Hist. Center or affiliated library.

Wishing you continued success in your research,

Dave

record-image_12.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.34 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

record-image_12.jpg

record-image_11.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.93 MB

record-image_11.jpg

Screenshot_2020-08-02 Poznan Project.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  38.25 KB

Screenshot_2020-08-02 Poznan Project.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: