PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:42 am      Post subject: Looking for my family SLYSZ

Hola! Mi nombre es Dolores, estoy buscando información sobre mis antepasados, soy de Argentina mi bisabuela Zofia Slysz llego a la Argentina en 1948 con 34 años de edad en el buque Ravello desde el puerto de Genova, su hijo (mi abuelo) llego con ella con 4 años de edad Tadeusz Slysz. Los descendientes de Tadeusz somos los unicos Slysz en este pais y nos gustaria conocer un poco acerca de nuestra historia, si Zofia tenia familia, quien era el padre de mi abuelo? nunca lo supimos, Zofia nació en Jaroslaw mas o menos entre 1913 y 1915, y Tadeuz en Irán supongo que en campo de refugiados....
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 720

Post Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:48 pm      Post subject:

Hello Doris,

There are several locations in Poland with the name Jaroslaw. Here are some of them:

Jarosław, Podkarpakie Voivodeship (south-east Poland)
Jarosław, Lower Silesian Voivodeship (south-west Poland)
Jarosławice, Lower Silesian Voivodeship (south-west Poland)
Jarosław, West Pomeranian Voivodeship (north-west Poland)

Do you know which Jaroslaw she was from?

I could not find any records for Zofia Slysz in Ancestry.com or Family Search. However, I did find records for Antoni Slysz. The records are for his identification cards in Brazil. The interesting thing about this record is his birth place of Przeworsk which is only about 16km from Jaroslaw in Podkarpackie Voivodeship. I am attaching his record. It includes a picture of him. Perhaps this is a relative of Zofia?

You cannot search further without knowing which Jaroslaw was her place of birth. Are there any other clues in her passenger list? Can you post a copy of her passenger list so we can see it? We might see clues that you missed.

Best regards,
Cynthia

CDE03846-49F6-4B60-9C32-4483A196C1F1.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1022.57 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

CDE03846-49F6-4B60-9C32-4483A196C1F1.jpeg

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: