PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:55 pm      Post subject: Turkish Family in Suwalki

Hello;

My great-grandfather Szeryfa Giołaba who lived in Suwalki city, Poland until WWI. He had a bakery shop there. Russian Government confiscated this bakery shop because of war. He married a lady whose first name is Ewa / Eva or Ludwiga / Ludwika (we do not know her maiden name). Szeryfa Giołaba died in Turkey in 1922. My great-grandmother lived in Turkey (Rize city) until 1928 and go abroad (probably Suwalki). We know her sister or brother was in one of city in Michigan State or Michigan City, Indiana. Because my grandfather said only Michigan. One person was a religious man (Pastor Fritz can be) and the other steel factory owner in 1950's. The person in USA wrote letters to Turkey (my great-grand-mother came back to Turkey in 1941) and call her to USA with her childeren. But she did not leave Turkey and died in 1953.
I have a document from Suwalki Archive. It is interesting that when this document was written, my great-grandfather died. I wonder who is Mowszy Puszczańskiego. Perhaps he can be from my great-grandmother's side. I try to have the document. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioQclmCV8k8

Akta Sądu Okręgowego w Suwałkach w sprawie [karnej] Dawida Ingbera, Izaaka Epelsztejna, Ałtera Edelsztejna, Ałtera Waszkiewicza, Nisko Gołdowicza i inych 5 [zam-li Suwałki], osk. siedmiu z art. 51 i 581 cz. 3 Kod. Karn. i trzech z art. 616 cz. 1 ust. 2 Kod. Karn. [o włamanie do sładu i kradzież różnych szklanych rzeczy, części żelażnych stołów, lamp i innych przedmiotów na szkodę obywatela tureckiego Szeryfa Giołaba i mieskańca Suwałk Mowszy Puszczańskiego]

https://www.szukajwarchiwach.gov.pl/en/jednostka/-/jednostka/14223906
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: