PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 235

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:03 am      Post subject: Parish Świsłocz Górna (Białoruś) named in Geneteka indexes

I have been trying to find the source of some names listed on Geneteka (geneteka.genealodzy.pl). Geneteka lists the source parish as "Świsłocz Górna (Franciszkańska)", which I suspect means Franciscan Catholic. The village I'm looking for in the parish is "Suchodolina". I think I've found them all clustered close together on the map. They are both in Northwestern Belarus, just Southeast of Grodno (former Polish-Lithuanian territory).

Does anyone know how to find the source records Geneteka used to extract these names? I can't find this parish on FamilySearch or anywhere else. I've only been able to find records for a parish called Svisloch', which is nearby, but doesn't include Suchodolina, or the birth listed here. Thanks.

suchodolina-swislocz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.49 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

suchodolina-swislocz.jpg

suchodolina-swislocz2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  89.15 KB

suchodolina-swislocz2.jpg

szpizarny-geneteka.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  242.15 KB

szpizarny-geneteka.png

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2549

Post Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:43 am      Post subject: Re: Parish Świsłocz Górna (Białoruś) named in Geneteka index

starshadow wrote:
I have been trying to find the source of some names listed on Geneteka (geneteka.genealodzy.pl). Geneteka lists the source parish as "Świsłocz Górna (Franciszkańska)", which I suspect means Franciscan Catholic. The village I'm looking for in the parish is "Suchodolina". I think I've found them all clustered close together on the map. They are both in Northwestern Belarus, just Southeast of Grodno (former Polish-Lithuanian territory).

Does anyone know how to find the source records Geneteka used to extract these names? I can't find this parish on FamilySearch or anywhere else. I've only been able to find records for a parish called Svisloch', which is nearby, but doesn't include Suchodolina, or the birth listed here. Thanks.

These documents are storen here:

Mailing address:

Mindaugo 8,

LT-03107 Vilnius, Lithuania

Telephone: +370 5 219 5320, +370 5 213 7482

Fax: +370 5 278 43 69

E-mail: [email protected]

here is the online scan of the first document: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9D3-9SXS?cat=2323279

and here for the second: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9D3-9SXS?cat=2323279

starshadow

Replies: 235

Post Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:45 pm      Post subject:

Thanks Marcel! This really helps a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: