PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:06 pm      Post subject: I am looking for my Jewish roots.

Hi, I am writing to you Poland. My mother was born during the war in Poland to a Jewish family, her DNA shows 100% Jewish heritage with almost 100 Ashkenase DNA. During the war she was only 1-3 years old, she lived in Jędrzejów. She was found by Poles as almost a newborn and put in a secret place where she survived the war. During the war, she was a small child and does not remember her family, her original name, absolutely nothing. The Polish government gave her a false birth certificate along with her date of birth and we know absolutely nothing about her family. I tried to find absolutely EVERYTHING and who knows, maybe you can help me? Maybe you have some information about your family from Poland? Only DNA testing can help.
If I fail now, I will never find my family again. We have DNA on FTDNA and ancestry.com - Barbara Stawińska

I wish you all the best, be safe and healthy!
Bart
Henryk
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 313

Post Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:48 pm      Post subject:

https://familylinks.icrc.org/en/Pages/Countries/Poland.aspx
Quote:
Restoring Family Links in Poland
How the Family Links Network of the Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement can help you look for a family member, restore contact with a family member or be reunited with a family member
We help you to look for family members in Poland
The Polish Red Cross helps people look for family members within Poland.

We try to help you when you have lost contact due to:
armed conflicts or other situations of violence
natural or man-made disasters
migration
World War II

The Polish Red Cross
1 +48 22 326-12-61
Fax:
Fax from Poland:
+48 22 628-41-68

Address
Polish Red Cross
Information and Tracing Service
Ul. Mokotowska 14,
00-561 Warszawa
Poland

Email address
[email protected]
[email protected]
Website
http://www.pck.pl/
DanielP
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:15 am      Post subject:

Maybe i is worth to do also 23AndMe and FamilyTreeDNA tests. This article shows that through very detailed analysis of DNA tests results it may be possible to solve very hard mysteries:

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona-best-reads/2018/12/23/miracle-baby-found-roadside-one-arizonas-great-mysteries-new-clues-solve-hatbox-baby-sharon-elliott/2403545002/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: