PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 58

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:58 pm      Post subject: Kozlowski records

I would like a translation of the marriage record attached.

I *think* this is the marriage record for Marcin (Mateuz) Kozlowski and Jozefa Golkowska (or Grzelaniak? Grzelakow?). I've also attached one of their children's birth record for reference for the bride's name. Also, I'm not sure if this is Latin or Polish. Embarassed Both in Goslawice parish. If you can read the brides name and it's way off, I don't need it translated. Thank you so much in advance! Very Happy

Marriage record: AKT 9
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/750/0/6.1/5/skan/full/HGTD47bj7Bm4Y-O9V3Gxig

For reference only (don't need translation)
Their child's Baptism for last name reference if illegible on marriage record: AKT 42
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/750/0/6.1/15/skan/full/hSeZeC8-TYbTYBA3GioEiA

Julia Kozlowski baptism 1828.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  132.4 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Julia Kozlowski baptism 1828.JPG

Mateusz Kozlowski marriage 1817.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.08 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Mateusz Kozlowski marriage 1817.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:19 pm      Post subject: Re: Kozlowski records

[quote="lindqm2"]I would like a translation of the marriage record attached.

I *think* this is the marriage record for Marcin (Mateuz) Kozlowski and Jozefa Golkowska (or Grzelaniak? Grzelakow?). I've also attached one of their children's birth record for reference for the bride's name. Also, I'm not sure if this is Latin or Polish. Embarassed Both in Goslawice parish. If you can read the brides name and it's way off, I don't need it translated. Thank you so much in advance! Very Happy

Hi,

The record is in Polish and is not of the couple in whom you are interested. It is of the marriage of Marcin Nowakowski & Franciszka Kępska.

Dave
lindqm2

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:55 am      Post subject:

Well, it was worth a shot! Very Happy Thanks for checking the names for me!
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1028

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:22 pm      Post subject: Re: Kozlowski records

[quote="lindqm2"]I would like a translation of the marriage record attached.

quote]

Hi,
I took a look at the records for the Goslawice parish, on szukajwarchiwach, to see if I could find this marriage. Most likely, I was re-tracing your path! I started in 1828 and worked back to 1817, and I do not see them. I notice that the year 1823 is missing altogether. So, if you are able to find images for the DUPLICATE church books for this year, it would still be worth trying to find the 1823 marriages. I did not look on Family Search to see if they have them or not.
A few notes, though, regarding the baptism record that you attached as a reference. You wrote that the father is "Marcin (Mateuz) Kozlowski" and I assume that is because in the document it looks like "Maci" so you are leaving it open to be either Marcin or Mateusz. I would add Maciej to that list. The surname for Jozefa would be Grzelak. In the sentence in the document, the intention is to indicate that she is "from the Grzelak family" so that is why it appears as Grzelakow.
Good luck finding this family,
Sophia

Added note: I just looked on the Family Search website. They do have a film that has the church records for 1823. It is Film 2201484, Item 3. However, you will have to go to a Family History Center in order to view it.
lindqm2

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:05 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Sophia! I think their son Hilary's baptism is most likely in those 1823 records as well. Hilary is my 4th great grandfather. I have found 7 siblings for him, but not him yet. The oldest was born in 1820 that I could find. Although I found another family tree that said he had a sibling born in 1818, but I could only find a child for a Kazimierz Kozlowski.

I can't wait until those family research centers open up again and I can search through the "locked" files! Very Happy
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:45 am      Post subject:

lindqm2 wrote:
Thank you Sophia! I think their son Hilary's baptism is most likely in those 1823 records as well. Hilary is my 4th great grandfather. I have found 7 siblings for him, but not him yet. The oldest was born in 1820 that I could find. Although I found another family tree that said he had a sibling born in 1818, but I could only find a child for a Kazimierz Kozlowski.

I can't wait until those family research centers open up again and I can search through the "locked" files! Very Happy

Hi again,
You have found 7 siblings! Then I guess you will already know what the father's name is, either Marcin or Mateusz. I had thought this was your first find for the family and that you weren't sure what his name was, which is why I suggested you also consider Maciej; sorry about that.
Or are there two families? A Marcin and a Jozefa, as well as a Mateusz and a Jozefa? One Jozefa being Golkowska and the other Grzelak?
If the oldest child was born in 1820, and if the record has not labelled the child as illegitimate, then my guess of a marriage record in 1823 is incorrect.
Good luck with finding Hilary!
Sophia
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:56 am      Post subject:

An additional thought.... if you have any difficulty with reading the names in the records of Hilary's siblings' baptisms, feel free to post the images here and I will take a look. This might help resolve the question that I raised in my last post, above.
If, however, you need full translations from the Latin, then you'd do better posting them on the Latin translation thread here on the forum.
All the best,
Sophia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: