PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 13

Post Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:50 pm      Post subject: Searching for Spychalski and Gąsiorowski relatives

Hello everyone,
I’m searching for more information on my relatives. I have been researching for over a year now and bit by bit I have found out more information. I have finally found out my great grandparents names and want to start a family tree but we’re struggling to find anymore information and relatives.

My grandad was Zygmunt Spychalski, born in Rowne and passed away in England. 1922 - 1976.

My great grandmother was Klementyna Gasiorowska lived in Rowne. Not sure when she was born or when she died.

My great grandfather was Antoni Spychalski lived in Rowne. Not sure when he was born or died.

Another relative but not sure how he is related is Wladyslaw Gasiorowski lived in Horngrod in Rowne.
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 748

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:18 am      Post subject:

Roxanne,

There are several different Równe villages. Do you know which one is the correct? Do you have any copies of documents where Równe is mentioned? Maybe there are any other traces? If you wish, you could share them here. We'll try to help.
Visit poster's website
RoxanneSpychalski

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:36 am      Post subject:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me. I have this military document that states Rowne which is now known as Rivne and Wladyslaw Gasiorowski was from Horyngrod in the county of Rowne. It states his place of birth was Rowne, Hallera Street (barracks) thank you!

Kind regards,
Roxanne

Agnieszka Pawlus wrote:
Roxanne,

There are several different Równe villages. Do you know which one is the correct? Do you have any copies of documents where Równe is mentioned? Maybe there are any other traces? If you wish, you could share them here. We'll try to help.
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:12 am      Post subject:

Roxanne,

On your document there is województwo (province): Wołyńskie. So this is a town Równe in Volhynia (Wołyń): https://goo.gl/maps/1zdhUnS8Eju8ht6b8.

Władysław Gąsiorowski would be from Horyńgród: https://goo.gl/maps/aFACHdTYBGyHVYJ98

There are some metrical records in the Central Archives of Historical Records in Warsaw, but only from 1840's (Roman Catholic records). I do not know if any more documents survived in the Ukrainian Archives.
Visit poster's website
RoxanneSpychalski

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:51 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much. This means a lot to my family. Do you know if this document states the address his mother Klementyna lived at?
Agnieszka Pawlus wrote:
Roxanne,

On your document there is województwo (province): Wołyńskie. So this is a town Równe in Volhynia (Wołyń): https://goo.gl/maps/1zdhUnS8Eju8ht6b8.

Władysław Gąsiorowski would be from Horyńgród: https://goo.gl/maps/aFACHdTYBGyHVYJ98

There are some metrical records in the Central Archives of Historical Records in Warsaw, but only from 1840's (Roman Catholic records). I do not know if any more documents survived in the Ukrainian Archives.

Last edited by RoxanneSpychalski on Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
RoxanneSpychalski

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:11 am      Post subject:

I did contact the archives in Rivne and Warsaw and many other archives but the Rivne archives stated that they never received the metric books of the Rivne Roman Catholic Church. So I could not retrieve a birth certificate for my grandfather. My grandfather use to send parcels to Kraków to his mother Klementyna during 1960’s/1970’s. So we believe she may have lived and died there either during or after the war.
Agnieszka Pawlus
PolishOrigins Team

Post Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:20 am      Post subject:

Roxanne,
In the document there are no exact address. It is only written: Klementyna Spychalska, Horyńgród, community Tuczań, Równe district.

Some documents might be still in the local civil registry (in Ukraine called ZAGS), but they are difficult to communicate with.
Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: